PDA

View Full Version : I'm pusblished in August's Cat Fancy!

catnapper
06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
For anyone who gets Cat Fancy magazine, please turn to page 10 of the August issue.

I had NO idea until my rescue friend emailed me about it. OMG OMG OMG, I am BEYOND excited here!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/AugustCatFancy.jpg

Hmmmm... now that I'm a famous published artist, I wonder if I can double (or triple?) my portrait prices? Just kidding, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to do so? You all can say you knew me when I just a nobody ;) :p

*squeal* what an exciting surprise for me today!

G535
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Congratulations! Nothing like the good vibes that come from getting something published. :)

Flatcoatluver
06-19-2006, 09:52 PM
WOW congrats!! I will just have to buy that issue at the petstore!!!

RedHedd
06-19-2006, 09:56 PM
WOW congrats!! I will just have to buy that issue at the petstore!!! Me too! And have catnapper and the cats "autograph" it ;)

AbbyMom
06-19-2006, 10:15 PM
OMG! Is that your pencil drawing of Mystique? I'm having a hard time reading the print, but I think that's what it says.

I can't wait to get my own copy!

CONGRATULATIONS! You are so talented!

Pat

catnapper
06-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Me too! And have catnapper and the cats "autograph" it ;)
Hmmmmmm.... I wonder if the kitties would be willing to sign the page? ;) I have to contact Miss Minette's new meowmie and let her know about this!

catnapper
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
OMG! Is that your pencil drawing of Mystique? I'm having a hard time reading the print, but I think that's what it says.

I can't wait to get my own copy!

CONGRATULATIONS! You are so talented!

Pat
Yes, thats my pencil drawing of Minette. I'm actually embarassed by the caption -- I must have been iun a silly mood when I wrote it, but they must have liked it! :D :p

It says:
"Mystique" a colored pencil portrait of my former foster cat Minette. Minette is a mystery, and those green eyes mesmerize anyone who meets her.

Sevaede
06-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Wow! Congratulations! :D I will definitely be buying that issue! :D

Also, you did that drawing, correct? You are a wonderful artist! :eek:

jazzcat
06-19-2006, 10:25 PM
That is awesome Kim! Congrats!!!!

RobLynn
06-20-2006, 02:17 AM
For anyone who gets Cat Fancy magazine, please turn to page 10 of the August issue.

I had NO idea until my rescue friend emailed me about it. OMG OMG OMG, I am BEYOND excited here!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/AugustCatFancy.jpg

Hmmmm... now that I'm a famous published artist, I wonder if I can double (or triple?) my portrait prices? Just kidding, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to do so? You all can say you knew me when I just a nobody ;) :p

*squeal* what an exciting surprise for me today!

I don't know if it's your article, but the one is from Altoona, PA. That's where I live.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-20-2006, 02:45 AM
I don't know if it's your article, but the one is from Altoona, PA. That's where I live.

he he, she means the lower part of the article, which is that drawing of Mystique :D . That is DEFENITELY made by our "Catnapper"!!!

orangemm
06-20-2006, 03:51 AM
Wow, I am impressed!! What an achievement for you!!! I will have to go get one of these issues for sure.

Congratulations!!!

Sonia59
06-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Congratulations!!! You should be so proud :)

We don't have this magazine here.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-20-2006, 05:24 AM
WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Your life is full of wonderful surprises right now!!! :D

I'll take an autographed copy too please... ;)

CultureJunky
06-20-2006, 05:35 AM
Yay! Congratualtions on getting printed, I was so excited when I got printed in Your Cat in Britain last month.
It makes you feel silly and excited doesn't it!
I think your drawing is amazing, is there anywhere else we can see more of your drawings?

jenluckenbach
06-20-2006, 05:54 AM
WOO HOO~~~~~

That is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

catlover4ever
06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
WOW Kim that's awesome!!!!! :) :) :)

Beauty17
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Congratulations! And it is a lovely portrait - from one artist to another. (My illustrations have been published, too - but only in my husband's books and in the joint book we did together - so I didn't get paid for that.) Your drawing is beautiful, and your cat looks pretty, too.

lv4dogs
06-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow, thats wonderful! Congrats!!! Looks like I'll have to go out & get myself a copy.

catmandu
06-20-2006, 09:49 AM
A Huge Concatulations From All Your Friends At The Found Cat Hotel.
I Will Keep My Eyes Out For That At The Library When The New Magazines Come In.
Again Concatulations!!!

Donnaj4962
06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
WOW WEE Catnapper! How very cool is that???? I am so impressed, not only by your talent, but also that you have been published!

CONGRATULATIONS!

rg_girlca
06-20-2006, 10:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KIM!!!!!!!!

I remember when you were doing that sketch of Minette and I just love how it turned out. :D

shais_mom
06-20-2006, 11:40 PM
I have it if you would like me to mail it to you.
I showed a picture to a girl at work and she was amazed that it was a drawing and not a photo! :)

Laura's Babies
06-21-2006, 11:39 AM
***Deep sighs***.... and to think folks, we knew her "when....."

That drawing is worthy of printing for all to see but I don't blame your excitement one bit! CAT FANCY! WOW! That is something to be proud of!!

sirrahbed
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
How EXCITING!!! :D I am just thrilled and so proud of you, Kim!!! My issue came in the mail just today.

Wow - CAT FANCY!!!! :D

heehee - yup we knew her "when". Oh and Kim, please don't raise portrait prices until you do a drawing of our Aneka Joy when she arrives in October.

What a happy, happy month for you.

chrangharris
06-21-2006, 11:59 AM
YEAH!! How exciting! Congratulations!

lizbud
06-21-2006, 12:03 PM
I told ya. :) Whenever you've shown us some of the portraits you
have done, I believed you had a lot of talent & it showed in your work.

Big congrats to you. :)

K & L
06-22-2006, 07:50 AM
I just got my issue and saw this. Congratulations!!! Got to get off here since I'm at work! :eek:

elizabethann
06-22-2006, 08:53 AM
How cool is that. I was reading my Cat Fancy the other day and came across that picture and thought "what a great picture." Now to know it was from somebody on PT? Awesome!

Congratulations.

prechrswife
06-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Congratulations! :D

Catsnclay
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Congratulations Kim!

Haven't gotten my issue yet, but now I can't wait, think I'm goinig to sikp to yours first before I read anything else!!

Logan
06-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Congratulations, Kim!!!! :) This is a huge thing and I'm so proud of you!

Logan

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Congrats Kim!

I used to subscribe, but the overseas postage got too expensive :(

Would someone with Paypal please PM me - I'd love someone to mail a copy of this VERY special issue to my NY postal address, from where it will be forwarded to me. I can reimburse the magazine cost and postage via Paypal.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-22-2006, 08:19 PM
How cool!!!! Congratulations, Kim! Hopefully this will be a nice boost for your portrait business. :D

CalliesMom
06-22-2006, 08:30 PM
That is awesome. I'm sure it is nice to have your work noticed by others..on a HUGE scale!! Congratulations and the picture is absolutely beautiful.

Catsnclay
06-23-2006, 12:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just got my issue, and turned right to the page, and Kim, if I didn't know that was a pencil portrait, I could swear that it was a (film) photo!

What an excellent job! Will you sign my copy, now that your famous??! :cool:

Tora Oni
06-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I just got that issue yesterday. I will have to look (but only at that page or I might read the whole thing too early). Congragulation!

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Congrats Kim!!!:) I haven't received my August edition yet but I''ll be sure to look for page 10.:)

kitimom
06-24-2006, 01:08 AM
I got my issue day before yesterday and went straight to the page and it is incedible!!! I showed to the hubby and he thought it was a photograph until i corrected him. He was quite amazed!!!
You really have a fantastic talent there!!!
BTW....Minette is gorgeous!!