PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Earle

Glacier
06-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Our last puppy turns 7 today! Earle is one of only two dogs that we've owned since puppyhood. He was about nine weeks old when he arrived.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Old%20stuff/earlepuppy.jpg
Such a little sweetie! The first time he met Muskwa, he got flipped on his back and growled at. That pretty much set the tone for Earle's life--he is the boss of no one and quite happy that way. He's never met a dog he didn't like, rarely met a person he didn't like. When a new dog arrives here, they always meet Earle first. He goes on playdates with our neighbor's dog, Ally. Ally is mourning the loss of her lifelong canine companion and seeing Earle cheers her up. My life would be so much simplier with a yard full of dogs just like Earle. He's just easy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/earle7.jpg
Lounging on the weekend. He's had some health problems recently, but I think they are under control again. The weight from his thryoid problems is slowing coming off and his happy, silly personality has returned.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/Hoodoothelovely2.jpg
My bridge kid, Hoodoo, would have been 7 today too. He was Earle's littermate. I'm sure he's found someone at the bridge to feed him extra treats today!

Happy Birthday boys!

Almita
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Aww how adorable the pictures and Happy Birthday big guy!

BCollie_Kelly
06-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Happy Birthday! Boy is he handsome! :D

caseysmom
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Happy Birthday Earle. You sound like such a good boy and don't cause your Mom any trouble. I hope you get something special to eat for your birthday.

Husky_mom
06-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Happy Birthday Earle!!! we wuv you!! and happy bday at the bridge to Hoodoo too!!

even we havent met any of yur pooches we love them dearly.........kisses to the birthday boy and husky vibes to the rb boy.........

luvofallhorses
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
what a cutie he was and such a handsome boy now! :D

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY, HANDSOME EARLE!!!!!!! :) :D :) :D

lv4dogs
06-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Earle, happy birthday to you!!!

Vela
06-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Happy birthday to Earle and Hoodoo! Hope you both had a great day and I'm sure Hoodoo found someone at the RB to get extra treats from, with a face like that it would be impossible to turn him down!

Riptide
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Happy Birthday, Earle!

finn's mom
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Happy Birthday, Earle! I know you miss your brother, I do, too! Happy Birthday to beautiful Hoodoo, as well!

Queen of Poop
06-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Happy Birthday Boys. Hoodoo, my grandpa is up there somewhere, he was always good at sharing his fudgesicle with puppies, might want to check that out. Earle, glad you're with us, your sweet dog face hasn't changed a bit since you were a puppy, keep being a good boy for your mommie, I know she appreciates it.

K9soul
06-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Happy Birthday sweet handsome Earle! And to you too dear beautiful Hoodoo. Sending my love up to the Rainbow Bridge.

k9krazee
06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Happy 7th Birthday Earle!! And to you too handsome Hoodoo :)

Ginger's Mom
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARLE!!! You sure were a precious puppy, and you are one good looking boy now. Have a great birthday sweetie, with lots of love and treats from all your friends two and four-legged.
Enjoy your party at the bridge Hoodoo.

Glacier, you said you have only had two from puppyhood were you referring to Earle and Hoodoo, or Earle and one of your other dogs? (Earle is Muskwa's son, right?)

Glacier
06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Glacier, you said you have only had two from puppyhood were you referring to Earle and Hoodoo, or Earle and one of your other dogs? (Earle is Muskwa's son, right?)

Earle and Muskwa. I didn't meet Muskwa until he was 7 months old, but Stuart got him when he was 11 weeks from a breeder. Muskwa went back to his breeder when he was a couple years old and produced Earle's litter. (it was part of the purchase contract). Stuart let me pick a puppy as my wedding gift. Earle picked me. He crawled away from his littermates and starting nursing on my fingers when he was a couple weeks old.

We knew the people who had adopted Hoodoo and when it became clear that they were not taking care of him, we took him. He was almost a year old.

cyber-sibes
06-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Happy Birthday Handsome Earle! Hope you got tons of treats today, sweetie!
{And Happy Birthday to you, too, Hoodoo)

wolf_Q
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Happy birthday to handsome Earle and RB sweetheart Hoodoo!!

Flatcoatluver
06-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Happy Birthday Earle, you are so hansome!!

RobiLee
06-19-2006, 11:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EARLE!!

I hope you had a wonderul day and that mommy gave you a little bit of extra lovin' today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOODOO!!

I'm sending lots of hugs up to Rainbow Bridge just for you sweetie. I know you are there romping around with my girl Chloe and many other PT bridge babies.

Daisy and Delilah
06-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Happy Birthday Earle and Hoodoo !!

We hope you had a great birthday Earle and we know Hoodoo is celebrating at the bridge, in unison, with all our buddies up there :)

pitc9
06-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Happy Birthday Earle! I'd love to burry my face in your fluffy fur and give you a big birthday hug and smooch!!

And Happy Birthday to you too Hoodoo. Your mommy misses you very much, please let her know you are near her today.