PDA

View Full Version : Whaling

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2006, 06:59 AM
How can this be allowed?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5093350.stm

Argranade
06-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Thats horrible those idiots do they not know whales are great cretures of this earth and should not be hunted just for blubber or whatever they use them for.

They talk about whales like a new cellphone like it has no feelings. :(

Ohh what I would say to those people thats so crewl.

Miss Z
06-19-2006, 11:22 AM
This morning, I was eating my weetabix when that came on the news.

I nearly threw the bowl at the television!

How on EARTH can they even speak about considering to whale again??? How someone can slaughter an animal as beautiful as a whale makes me sick to the stomach, all for the Japanese economy. Lets just hope Greenpeace manage to stir this up a bit.:mad:

king2005
06-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Who cares how pretty or large the animal is. If the animal is in danger of extinction then it shouldn't be hunted end of story!!! until the numbers are too great to support it, then hunting to maintain the population can begin & I do support that (as long as the animal will be used & not just killed & left to rot)

Corinna
06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
I deplore the hunting of these beautiful creatures and beleive in population sustainablity. The problem isn't remided by the culling of the herds, just as with the bison in Yellowstone. The pollution of our oceans killing off the small food sources these creatures eat , over fishing (humans caused) and polluting the waters cause them to go to places they would not normally go.We need a whole nurturing plan just as you do a garden ,after all isn't the earth just a large garden? The IWC need to spend time in the ocean under it and see all the facts not just what is "allowed" to be seen, remember the info given is approved by the lawyers for both sides.
While I don't agree with Greenpeace any more than I do PETA They make the noise needed to be held in the public eye. I hope they both get this more noticed so the scientists get the reashearch out in the public eye before it's too late.

Minnie, Patches, and Jesse
06-30-2006, 04:43 PM
You know, I really dont get it! :mad: Why would someone want to kill something so beautiful and natural! What did the whales ever do to u but be endangered and that wasnt hurtin us!!! The only reason to do that anymore is if u were an native american in the 1800s, but now we have super markets. :mad: I feel really bad!!!!! :( I totally agree with u, Corinna :D

FIGHT THE POWER!!!! LOL :D