PDA

View Full Version : Numb toe?

slleipnir
06-18-2006, 09:29 PM
My baby/pinky toe is numb, and has been for atleast 2-3 days. It's kinda worrying me, but I don't want to go to the doctor for something dumb like a numb toe. Any ideas why my toe could be numb? It's only the one toe on my right foot. It's numb from the tip all the way down to the joint and past that a little.

I got stepped on twice by a horse last week, but it didn't get numb till a few days ago, I think...I don't have a problem moving it, it just has no feeling what so ever

Dorothy39
06-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Okay, I am not a doctor, but if a horse stepped on your foot, especially on the one with the numb pinky, I'd say that you have some nerve damage that might clear up on its own in time.

I am going to check back on your thread for other replys.

Perhaps you have a broken toe. Was there any pain or swelling prior to the numb sensation? Also, keep in mind what kind of shoes you wear. Foot wear that allows the toes on your feet remain in their appointed position is crucial. Trust me here, women's foot wear is ridiculous, for the back as well as for the toes.

If I had a numb pinky toe, I would soak it in Epsom Salts daily , for 20 minutes each time. I know there has to be nerve damage somewhere , either in your foot , or, in the toe itself. You have probably figured that out already.

I responded to your post because I have experienced numbness in my toes from time to time. Especially the toes on my left foot. Believe it or not, a back injury can be the source of foot and toe numbness.

I 'll be back.

Samantha Puppy
06-19-2006, 05:15 AM
My entire right foot/back of my right leg is numb. It's because of a tumor in the base of my spine pressing against my sciatic nerve. Yours could be the beginning of something similar. (The tumor is benign.) Might want to have it checked out. It could be something as simple as that or as urgent as a blood clot.

slleipnir
06-19-2006, 06:27 AM
My heel is tingly today. My toe is still numb, but now my heel is also got something wrong with it. I guess it has nothing to do with the horse. I do get back pain sometimes. Especially if I'm sleeping on something uncomfortable or lifting heaving things. It always goes down my right leg. Sometimes it's so bad I can't even lift my right leg. However, I can usually fix it if I lay down flat on a hard surface. There is a little "pop" and whatever goes back into place I guess, cause it stops hurting....maybe they are related....*sigh* I hate the doctor, and it takes 3-4 weeks just to get in to SEE the doctor..

Samantha Puppy
06-19-2006, 07:49 AM
It takes 3-4 weeks to see the doctor? What happens if you have bronchitis or something? It shouldn't take that long to see a frickin' doctor.

If it's spreading, CALL AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. It might be nothing, but it might be something and if you catch it early enough it could be easily fixed.

slleipnir
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Welcome to Canada's wonderful medical system ;) There just isn't enough doctors. No one has to pay, so it's like that's all we do, is go to the doctor. If it's really important, we go to out patients and wait in a 4-5 hour line. If it's serious enough...well, they have to get you in quicker

I'll make an appointment today. I just feel dumb going over a numb toe

Cataholic
06-19-2006, 09:20 AM
I would go see a doctor (course, I tend to be more medically proactive than most, he he he...not hypocondriactal, just, proactive). Make the appointment. Maybe by the time you get in to see him/her, it will have resolved.

Dorothy39
06-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Just me checking back on your thread.

Sorry you have to go to the Doctor, but, your symtoms sound like Sciatica .

Again, I am not a Doctor, but, I have had Sciatica since 1881 :eek: that will return if I do not do proper exercises, stretching before and after.

It does sound like you have imflammation somewhere in your lumbar region from an injury. I let such symtoms go, and wow, I developed a herniated disc that blew the wind right out of my sails!!! Don't let that happen to you!!!

You have caught this before it gets worse. No more heavy lifting, promise ?

Keep your abdominal muscles pulled in, (hee hee hee) . Oh, one procedure helped me with the pain in my lower back. I would lay on the floor and rest my calves on our coffee table for 20 minutes. I still had the numbness in my outer toes and along the side of my foot, but the pain ceased for quite a while.I don't like taking medication for pain, I am scared of that stuff.

I'll check back . You were smart in posting the thread titled"Numb Toe". You will come out ahead , trust me.