PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for My Father.

Kfamr
05-13-2002, 05:13 PM
My father, Ken, just went to the doctors today. He has been throwing up all of his meals for atleast a month now. Today the doctor said he has Alsurs (spelling?) He cannot eat anything except liquids for three days, and then from there its only rice and noodles and stuff like that. Between this and his back problems (he has deteriorating disc disease) his life is miserable. Please pray everything will be ok for my father. This makes me, my family, as well as Simba sad to see my dad in pain.:(

Thank You,
KayAnn, Simba, and the Knapp family.

cavialova
05-13-2002, 05:17 PM
my toughts are with you!! my dad had an operation for that when he was around 20....he told me it was painful! wich is why i may understand you........

good luck!! is he getting operated??

Karen
05-13-2002, 05:18 PM
It's spelled Ulcers, kiddo. We will keep your whole family in our prayers, ulcers can be controlled, but all that bland food isn't exactly a fun diet! Buy him his favorite okay-to-eat treat - is pudding okay?

tatsxxx11
05-13-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm so sorry KayAnn!:( Thankfully ulcers are treated with great success these days. He must have been so miserable not being able to keep down his food. Now, with the right medication and diet, he should start feeling better very soon. Of course I will be praying for a complete and speedy recovery. Your Dad has had a rough time of it lately:( Your whole family needs a HUGE cyerhug!! {{{HUGS}}} for KayAnn, her Dad and family!!

CountryWolf07
05-13-2002, 05:19 PM
Oh my gosh :( I'm sorry, I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers! Hope things will work out.. - Rachel

gini
05-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Bless your heart - of course, you have my prayers and I know everyone else's on Pet Talk when they read this thread.

Happily today, ulcers can be controlled with medication and I think you can look forward to improvement in your Dad if he follows that awful diet. Very boring diet, but he may be able to keep his food down.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-13-2002, 05:51 PM
KayAnn, prayers are on the way for your Father and whole family. Give Simba a hug from me too, please?

AmberLee
05-13-2002, 05:52 PM
{{{Dad and family}}},

My Dad had back surgery a few years ago and ulcers, also. Fortunately he didn't have them at the same time. So sorry that you are having to see your dad suffer like this. Will hold all your family in my thoughts and prayers.

**cyberhugs**
A.L.

Sam's My Baby
05-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Im so sorry to hear this.:( I know how you feel, my dad was once in the hospital too. I wish you and your family luck and hope for a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-13-2002, 07:14 PM
I will be praying for your father as well as your family too Kayann.! **hugs to you and your family and Simba too**

moosmom
05-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Kayann,

I hope your Dad makes out okay. I understand back pain as I worked as a paramedic on an ambulance for over 20 years. It's not fun.

Hang in there. We're all here for you.

Donna

*LabLoverKEB*
05-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Oh, kayAnn, I'm soooo sorry, to hear about your poor father.:( :( I'll keep you, your dad, and all of your family, in my thoughts and prayers!:)

shais_mom
05-13-2002, 11:45 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers also.
{{hugs to you}}

Former User
05-14-2002, 01:54 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this KayAnn, keeping your father and whole family in our thoughts! I hope Simba will be a comfort for you all now! He's such an adorable and good boy!

Ann
05-14-2002, 04:30 AM
Make him eat bandaids!

...Ok, Ok, that was a very bad joke on my side >_< See, here in Sweden ulcers is called "stomach-wound" and it's and old joke that you are supposed to eat bandaids and it will be better and uhmm...

Sowwy!! >_<

Will keep your dad in my thoughts

lynnestankard
05-14-2002, 04:57 AM
KayAnn - how hard it must be for you watching a much loved Dad suffer. As everyone else has mentioned docs., can do such good work with diet - boring yes :( - but it works :) .

I'm sending hugs from me and the cats {{{{{{{{xxx}}}}}} all the way over to the USA just for you and your family. Be a brave girl 'cos it's time like these that Mums and Dads need lots of love from their daughters xxxxx

Lynne

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-14-2002, 06:38 AM
KayAnn, I am sorry that your father is going through some tough times. I am certain that it must be very difficult on you and the members of your family. The family's TLC will ease his pain.

Please know that he is my thoughts. Update us on his progress!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p1564caa3719ae631624880bfb0773d03/fdbd1538.jpg

Gio
05-14-2002, 09:28 AM
Your dad and your family will be in my prayers too!

Albea
05-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Kay Ann:
Your dad, you and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts. Ulcers can be treated very well these days. With medication and diet, have faith that. he'll be well soon

jennifert
05-14-2002, 12:34 PM
KayAnn, so sorry to hear about your father's ills. I have ulcers too although not as severe as your father's. My brother, who is a doctor, said that Pepto-Bismol actually will neutralize the bacteria that cause the ulcer and may provide temporary relief when the pain is really bad. Needless to say, I take a bottle with me everywhere I go. I'm sure the doctors your father is seeing will give him loads of info on treatment and diet.
I hope he gets well soon.. Tell him we're all thnking of him, maybe show him some of the funnier posts here to cheer him up! We can be a funny crew at times....Or better yet, have Simba spend some time with him....:D

sammi
05-15-2002, 10:40 AM
So sorry to hear your dad is sick in the hospital. Good thought's and prayers are going your way for you and your family.

Cynthia
05-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Dear KayAnn,
I'm sorry your dad's going through all of this stuff. Hang in there, and help him stick with the recommended diet. It's important! And give that beautiful dog of yours a super hug from all of us.
Much love from Cindy, Stump, and Emmett

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2002, 12:12 AM
I'm so sorry to here about your father's problems. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kfamr
05-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts. My dad is now allowed to eat things such as noodles, bananas, rice, and stuff like that... Hes doing much better... his back is still really bad and has been that way for almost a year... we may be able to make it to Michigan this summer. He said he may take some kind of injections that sooth the pain , we go on the trip, and when we get back he goes into surgery.. im not sure yet but ill keep you all updated.. Simba has helped our family through this... like my dad said... Simba brings so much joy into our family.:)

tatsxxx11
05-16-2002, 08:20 PM
I'm so glad to hear your Dad is feeling better in the ulcer dept.! I've had a bleeding ulcer myself, and I know the discomfort he is feeling. Make sure he sticks to his diet!!! And KayAnn, I think finally having the back surgery will give him a lot of relief in that dept. Of course, I'm not surprised that sweet Simba has given him comfort during this time.:) Dogs have such an amazing talent for easing our pain, emotional and physical! Prayers continue for your Dad and your family.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm so glad your Dad's feeling better too. I've not had an ulcer but can relate to his back pain. I have arthritis in my lower back and some days are really awful. I'm glad sweet Simba helps take his mind off his pain. Animals are angels in fur coats I think! Please give Simba angel a hug from me.:)