PDA

View Full Version : Dropping By .. [6]

sandragonfly
06-18-2006, 06:37 PM
hello friends. :)

I'm back in my (old) fixed apartment, crazy you say I know, it's much affordable until my lease expires by end of july. then I'll be OUT. I promise. and electricity works tonight, I thought I'd check in with updates - has been too long now. before I go on, I am just seeing these, gone for now (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=105937&page=1) & gina's ark update (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=106056) replies, and wanted to say, never enough, thank you for all of your hugs and thoughts. it amazes me that you get love thoughts from nowhere (internet) and even from some people you did not meet. it's very nice and wonderful coming back to I'm thought of. ((((THANK YOU!))))

and, karen and cybersibes, thank you very much for updating us all. more on my lost ark, EVERYONE is safe and okay now.. ah, where do I start .. this is kind of raw for me. ..um, oh, karen updated one wrong thing though, miles had a (long) glass piece left inside his left lung. thank god, not both lungs! or otherwise, I don't think he would ever make it. :( he wasn't here for three days after my home collapsed, found us with his all bloody furs on 31st, critically hospitalized and came home on 6/9.

just before I was packing my other half ark into friend's SUV for pennsylvania, we spotted shaddow on one neighbor's (LOOSY) stairs. as I walked up, reaching my arms out, the stairs collapsed, fractured my ankle but I got her hindquarters. then she went to pennsylvania with us too.

I came back two next days, picked up ocean, june 4th - he's doing okay, it was worth crutching 24 miles in desert to pick him up and back. I couldn't bear seeing miles heavily sedated.

two early mornings later, (6th) midnight was found, recognized by a cop. I didn't get to get her about a couple hours later. she's okay, just a bad pink bald (swelly) spot on her forehead - becoming white & going away now.

one evening (june 12th, the same night I got bitten by a posionious spider I think), crayola and ocean, miles and midnight sleeping in a large dog crate and I were sleeping outside on backporch, it took me a while to wake up and realize it was zephyra was pawing my nose! I was so thrilled, my heartbuddy is back, who went missing the longest (22 days) - we never went back sleep until next two days. I was in hospital for a night after that night, came back home to my semi-fixed home, no windows and electricity.

then just a few days ago, star found us, rigged the peanut butter treat can again! joy tears, last cat we've been waiting for.

some pictures to see .. the pictures are for to show my appreciation too. [[warning - last second picture, (5th) can not be seen for weak hearts]]

poor ocean, see his hind legs all curled up? wasn't able to move very much and laid like that for four days.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/186b24b0.jpg

took a picture of scar in between of changing his wraps, doing much better now!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/92330b5a.jpg

do you mind taking this off now, mom?
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/cb5bf9c9.jpg

yesterday's picture of midnight - a happy girl now!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/f3a7bc1f.jpg

and this.. my dear miles. :( he was sleeping crossed-eyes, he hardly moves lately. when he's not on medication, he kept gnawing off his white wraps so I tried my ace wrap on him, it seemed more calmer and worked best for him.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/40ed96b8.jpg
nevermind my cast, I didn't want to move him as he was in so much pain, heavily medicated.

one more close up of him after I closed his eyes. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/sigh.gif he's just doing better ...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/23df59fd.jpg

golly, I've never beem this doggone tired so I better go now, repairguys were here from morning to afternoon today then I dusted, sweeped until I see there's not a dust. now my other half ark (7 cats) are on way back here from pennsylvania. I just can't wait until I see everybody and cuddle altogether again in warm (clean) flannel bed for first time in three weeks tonight.

I have a couple more good news but this is for now and I will answer your questions later - thank you all again, ((hugs))

..gina & your furriends

chocolatepuppy
06-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh Gina, it's so good to hear from you! Thank goodness you and your ark are ok and soon to be all reunited! I hope Miles continues to improve.

carole
06-18-2006, 07:45 PM
What wonderful reading your news made, i am so happy that you have found all the cats, how sad they were so injured but so pleased that all is going well for them, and i hope it continues that way, may there be a guardian angel out there to watch over you and your ark now and forever, enough is enough, you deserve only good times from now on Gina and i hope that is exactly what comes your way from now on, take care and thank you for the update, much appreciated, HUGS.

Alysser
06-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Gina, it's great to hear from you! I'm so glad the ark is back. :D

sirrahbed
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
gina I am SOOOO happy to log on and see a thread from you!! HURRAY!!! :D

It is just amazing that you now have your missing kitties back. That is such a neat story about waking to find zephyra at your nose. How in the world did she find you after such a long time? Wonderful!!! :D

Again - I am just grinning and happy to hear from you (((((gina)))) :D

Catty1
06-18-2006, 09:04 PM
SO GREAT! - EVERYONE is back! That is amazing!

Poor little Miles - he sure has been through a lot...

Now you know that your babies will find Meowmie...what a sweet story about Zephyr!

Glad you have some good things happening to you now...I look forward to hearing about them!

Enjoy your clean flannel bed with your babies!

hugs
Catty1

Sevaede
06-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Wow, that is FANTASTIC news! Soni, Isis, and Lily all meow out of happiness that everyone is found and back together! I'm elated to see that things are looking better for you and your babes! :D

Soni, Isis, and Lily all meow out of sadness for Miles. My heart breaks for your sweet little boy. He has such a wonderful meowmie to take such good care of him.

Pembroke_Corgi
06-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you are alright and that everyone is home! I'll still be thinking fo you and hoping that Miles' condition will improve.

luvofallhorses
06-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Gina, it's so good to hear from you! :) i am glad you and your ark are doing okay and i hope miles continues to do well.

cyber-sibes
06-18-2006, 10:10 PM
:) oh Gina, (((hugs))) - I'm so glad to see your post. YOU sound much better. And such wonderful news about your kitties, and at least you have a place to stay now with all your sweeties. Poor Miles, we'll keep sending him prayers, your love is sure to speed him in his recovery. Give Crayola a BIG HUG from me, too.

trayi52
06-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Gina, so good to hear you and the ark are all doing much better. Hope you all continue to get better and better. You and your ark will remain in my prayers.

Willie :)

mrspunkysmom
06-18-2006, 11:11 PM
My word. I missed this due to end of school year activities.

You and your ark have my prayers. Hoping everyone continues to improve.

Anne

Suki Wingy
06-19-2006, 12:09 AM
It's so good to hear from you! Sending good thoughts and vibes your way! Your poor ark has been through too much :(

CultureJunky
06-19-2006, 03:24 AM
You have been through so so much and so have you cats but you still radiate such patience and fortitude. I think you're just great for going through so much and coming out the other side, you're an inspiration to us all.
I am so glad your cats are back. I really hope you can get a better place in the future and that everything is going to work out.
Remember good things come to those who wait.

Love Kate Jack & Sunny xx

G535
06-19-2006, 04:14 AM
I'm so happy to see that things are looking a lot better and glad that the cats are back. Hope you can find a better place to live though. :)

KitCat
06-19-2006, 07:46 AM
I am so happy you have your family back together. Such hardship you all have experienced, at least you have each other for comfort.

catlover4ever
06-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Oh Gina, I'm so releived that all of you ark has returned. All of you have been through so much. Continued prayers for all of you.

(((hugs))) Meg and the Fur Crew

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-19-2006, 08:15 AM
GOSH!! You are a real trooper!

I am so glad to hear that you are settling back down with (*ALL*) your furbabies...

I hope you can get some good rest... and i hope all your babies are healed up and 100% as soon as possibe.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Wow, you found them all back?? What a miracle!!
I am so sorry that some of them, like poor MIles, got hurt....!
You are one of a kind, dear Gina!!!

JenBKR
06-19-2006, 08:34 AM
YAY! I am soooo excited I don't even have the words! I have been praying like mad that you would find your missing ark - I am so relieved. ((((GINA)))) give them all lots of cuddles and kisses from me!! :D

shihtzulover850
06-19-2006, 09:37 AM
I am glad that you are doing better! How great that you found all you cats! :D I hope the spider bite wasn't to bad

Cataholic
06-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Gina,
So great to hear from you, and know that the ark is whole again!!! Now, time to focus on making sure ALL of you stay that way.

joanofark
06-19-2006, 10:06 AM
YAY!! :D The Ark is together again!!! I'm so happy for you!! Give them all gental kisses for me!! :)

sandragonfly
06-19-2006, 10:13 AM
hey, THANKS. it's so good to hear from all of you (and to be back) too! I know you all posted in previous but I wasn't here.

my WHOLE ark is here! they got here about 10:30PM last night, now my friend just left back pennsylvania. it feels sooo good to see everyone, cuddling all night-long and feed them all together this morning! I was hoping to have us all waking up in our sun window but it's POURING and thundering now.. ah well. I'll think it as god's crying joyfully, celebrating too. ;) anyway, as sitting here now, everyone is relaxing and miles is on my laps. it's sad watching his body going up .. down .. up ..breathing slowly. :( he worries me dearly. starting on his little own motorheart is lots of work for him..

zephyra, she always, always paws my nose/mouth in mornings when it's time for breakfast and gosh .. she woke me up one windy night! I've missed it for long, it'll be my best dream ever, you have no idea how thrilled my heart was. after that, she didn't wanted to leave my arms.

zephyra, midnight and star was checked by vet as well too. all are good. speaking of that, I said I had more good news - here they are!

1] home 'insurance' is covering ocean & miles' cost, and several cats' check ups also. I have two weeks to notify receipts. praise lord.. (lizzie, your question in other thread - you're only able to get IMOM's help once).

2] we found a new home for us and we'll be moving in august first! my boyfriend will be moving in with me, to help me, too. well, his finances too. as long as the apartment is under my name! I can - not - afford any more troubles. it's a cute bedroom one and it's upstairs!! now NO one will be above me or throw rocks, break my windows easily and my cats will be enjoying the sun very much. I can't wait .. I still pray the new landlord meant he would hold it for me. he knows about our siutation and seems nice..

3] I got my dean's list party invitation last week in mail! I never expected to get more than 3.5 or so but oh my word, I got 4.0!! afterall all scenarios you heard. not to brag but to share an encouragement! YAY. :) :o

4] ..aaaand ..

welcome my little gem! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/780b6d77.jpg

my new 2002 (another) dodge neon, I've not gotten her yet, the couples (who sells me) are out for their 3rd anniversary this week, I'll be getting her next week or so once all paperworks are done. :) oh, isn't it funny, three of pet talkers, (anna_66 (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=76133), ramanth (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=101834) & I) all of us got a new blue car. well, this site is blue too. :p last thing I need to do is. . .to think of a name for her! probably bores you if you get the same car (I had 2000 silver dodge neon, named bullet) but I tell ya, this is a great little car! this little car holds 37 MPG the highest, plus with ridiculous gas prices here, expensiver auto insurance in east, ranked in 2nd best collisonproof car, (out of all & 9% chance of tipping-over) and is only $1,000 more from what my insurance worthed my totalled stolen 114K(mileage) bullet! this car is only a baby still, has 30K now. I'm soo excited!!! :D

I think it's, all of this, it's because of YOUR, pet talk's prayers worked magically!! once again, I can't thank you all enough - hugs to all. I'll want to keep this shorter so I'll answer your questions through PM. off to read them! hope you all had a good weekend.

edit ~ shihtzulover850, eh..it was AWFUL!! I was feeling so nauseaous, weaker than normally, then you lost strength of muscles and your vision!! yikes. luckily my neighbor rushed me to hospital - it was SO scary.. I wish I knew which spider did, I was sleeping.. bitten just right below my elbow.

JenBKR
06-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Fantastic Gina! That's so great that insurance is paying for all of that - YAY!! And your new place sounds wonderful, I'm so glad that you are going to be ina safer place with your boyfriend there to help you. And that car is just beautiful - congrats!!

And 4.0 WOW :eek: With everything else that was going on how in the world did you do that?? Gina you are such a strong, amazing person - you are such an inspiration to us all. I am so happy for you right now I could burst!

Karen
06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Great! Glad you got a new place to move into, glad the home insurance is paying the vet bills - as it should, but I am still glad it is. And a new(ish) car, too! Things are looking up!

Zippy
06-19-2006, 12:37 PM
i am so happy you found the ark.I have read your posts and i will keep You and the ark in my prayers and i will send some special ones for Miles.(((HUGS)))

AbbyMom
06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Gina, I am just so happy to hear you have all the kitties safe again, on their way to recovery. Plus, you'll be getting out of there and moving to a safer place. But, those lost cats had bothered me so much and I knew your heart must have been breaking. But they're home now, hopefully, never to be separated again!

Congratulations on your new car and your new roommate!

Logan
06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Maybe things are turning for the better, Gina. We have certainly been praying that they would!!!! :)

Logan

Donnaj4962
06-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh Gina.... happy LES here! I am so glad that your ark is all back, and everyone is healing well! All of you have been through so much. Oh, the stories thosee furbabies could tell if they could speak hooman! ;)

And to hear that you are moving into a safer place and with your bf.... well, that is such awesome news! I am so glad that your house insurance is paying for so much! Not everyone gets renters insurance, but it is not very expensive and can pay for itself with only one accident!

Congrats on the new car! Sounds like everything is starting to look up for you again! I knew it would... the power of prayer and positive thoughts are remarkable!

Glad to see you back again! Give everyone of those furbabies a kiss and a hug from their pals in Indiana.... Donna, Tabitha, and Sasha!

catfamily
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Does this mean all the cats are accounted for?I'm sorry to get in on this so late.We finally got a new computer.Our old one was so messed up.
Carla

king2005
06-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh Gina, thats wonderful news!! You & your furbabies have been on my mind, since I read the horrid post.

pitc9
06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Thank goD the Ark is back together!!!!!
I wish you all the luck with the new apartment!!
Congrats on the new car!! I'm sure you'll come up with a great name!
(I drive a blue Chevy Blazer and his name is Babe... as in the big blue ox :o )
Again, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear you have all of your babies back!

lv4dogs
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
I am so glad to hear that things are looking up for you!!! I hope they continue getting better. If you need anything let me know! hugs

Lizzie
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I felt an enormous sense of relief when I read your post this morning, and I still can't quite believe that things turned out so (relatively) well. You must have wanted to dance with joy when Zephyra nosed you that morning after she had been gone so long. I'm glad that you have found a new apartment and someone to perhaps deflect some of the troubles that seem to find you.

Poor Miles! Is he finding it hard to breathe because his lung is healing or because of the bandage he has to keep on? Would a soft Elizabethan collar and less bandage work? How many lives does he have left?

And, congratulations on your 4.0. Now you need a super job to go with it. Will you be able to drive your "new" car when you get it next week or do you have to keep your cast on longer?

Pembroke_Corgi
06-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm so glad everything is turning around for you! Congrats on your 4.0!! :eek: Great job! :D

Flatcoatluver
06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
OH I am just over joyed!! I was praying so hard for you. ((HUGGS))

carole
06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Gina lovely to read your happy news, the car looks great, and it is so re-assuring to know you will have a new place, with the love and support of your boyfriend too, here's looking up to a wonderful new start for you and your ark. :)

G535
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM
You're happy, we're happy! :)

Karen
06-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Oooh, oooh - you hafta name the new car Thunder! Summertime deep blue clouds men thunderstorms (and relief) are coming!

Daisy and Delilah
06-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Gina, you've certainly been through enough. I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better for you and the Ark. I'll pray that things stay good for you. Kisses to all those cutie pies for me please :)

barncat
06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Again I was off for a few days... thank the Powers That Be you and your family of cats are as well as you are. I was so very worried!

zoomer
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
We don't see your crew much. I'm glad you are back. I'm glad to hear about your pets, poor Miles, I hope he heals soon.

Anita Cholaine
06-20-2006, 01:27 PM
I've just seen this thread... I'm so glad to hear about you, Gina! :D Thank God things are turning out better... (((hugs))) and tons of kisses for you and the ark ;)

sandragonfly
06-20-2006, 02:08 PM
T H A N K S! it's absolutely wonderful sharing all this joy all together. :)

catfamily, yup. no worries, glad you got your computer back, now I hope it cooperates with you!

lizzie, because lungs are healing.. I didn't want to wrap him so tight. I don't really want him to use e-collar since he likes ace wrap better, (which works better too), he wasn't able to drink water with that on! if I make it shorter, he's able to chew it off. :eek: I think my wrap is helping him to feel very comfortable and secured. I guess he didn't want to be a white (gauge) lion! ;) umm, I think he has .. 5 lives left. almost lost his life at shelter, choked, amputated & punctured. thanks for asking!

I went to doctor this morning, to have my cast rewrapped because it was annoying, wrapped incorrectly at first. now it's much comfortier! but, will be more comfortier when it's off within next about two weeks. (if everything/documents works out), that car will be officially mine next week but it will stay at their home until I'm able to drive it! probably not until next few weeks ...? I'm planning to leave back for california soon, hopefully not that long. thanks (and everyone) for the congrats. :)

hey karen, thunder is a great name! I didn't think of that because I already named my (rainbow avalanche) kitty that, well, was for a while then became his middle name. I'm more likely naming it after him then! afterall of this... sigh. I did think of naming her questa, ophelia, thelma or belle/a! wouldn't thundera be a more feminine name?? dunno yet. :p guess that would hafta wait until I hug my little gem. :D

all kisses/hugs are taken and given!

Queen of Poop
06-20-2006, 02:23 PM
It really sounds like things are going in the right direction for you now. Thank goodness. Will continue to pray that this is the absolute end of the bad stuff for you and your fur babies. So glad everyone is back together. Hugs for all of you. :D

Lizzie
06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Gina - I have to ask, who is going to take care of your ark while you are in California? And will they live in your prone-to-disaster apartment while you are away? Or do you mean you are moving back there and that's where the new apartment is?

sandragonfly
06-20-2006, 02:37 PM
no, either drive or fly, (still deciding) but, NObody will be staying in this haunty apartment, that's for sure! it was planned that way anyway, I was suppose to be in california last week.

now I'm more sticking to drive, so, if so, all will be coming with me, of course. and if I somehow ended up fly, a couple will be with me since crayola could and most will be at my friend's, who took take care of them past few weeks. (they enjoyed them! which's good.) they're great little furtravelers!

..lizzie, not sure if it was before you came here, have you saw my roadtrip threads? :)

cyber-sibes
06-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Wow, Gina, what a difference a couple of weeks can make! looks like you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, everythings falling into place! Your new place sounds terrific, your new car is cute as can be, your ark is back together - :D
Will keep praying that all is restored to you, sweetie. ;)

catmandu
06-20-2006, 06:12 PM
We Are So Pleased And Excited That The Gangs All There, And Soon You Will Have Your Ark Reunited Again.
If You Can Use Some Toys, Pm Me Your Address, And They Will Be On Thier Way Asap.
Thank God, That Things Worked Out That Well.
The Found Cats Are Meeowing For You All.

rg_girlca
06-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Gosh it is so hard to see through tears. Gina, I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. You have ALL your babies back, insurance is covering the vet bills, moving into a new and safer apartment with your boyfriend, a new car and a fantastic score of 4.0.

How I prayed that everything would work out for you and I'm glad that they were answered.

Now I will be praying that your precious Miles has a full and speedy recovery. How heatbreaking it was to see his pictures. I just want to cradle him so gently in my arms and make his pain go away.

That's it now God, I think our Gina has been through enough. What ever you were testing her for, she sure has passed the test with flying colors. Please see that she has nothing but good things happen for her and her ark from here on in.
Thank you.

((((((HUGS)))))) dear Gina.

jesse_3
06-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Oh, Gina everyone here is so glad that you are back! Splinter is sending you so many loving hisses that you won't know what to do with them when you get them!!! Jesse is also sending you and your ark her wonderful sloppy kisses, and Miles tender, and gentle ones, and Jemi' sends delightful welcoming barks! The fish blow you all some bubbles, and Selina gives you all some caring snuggles. Sammy gives you all some friendly tail wags while the kitties let you all have some wonderful purrs, and I send you all HUGE welcomes and hugs!

Congrats on your new car!!!!!!:D
Steph and the crew

RubyMutt
06-21-2006, 06:20 AM
I am so happy to read this update from you! :) I hope things continue to improve for you and your furkids. Take care!

sandragonfly
06-21-2006, 03:50 PM
oh word.. you all had me in tears. now you're really making me feel very incapablity of thanking you all! :o enough now? :p ;) ((((gentle thanks hug to each!))))

gosh steph, has been WHILE we talked! and last time you had, what? like three animals.. jesse, splinter and a betta? geesh. all of your little arkcrew made me smile! :) :)

once again, thankyou all for love thoughts and I'll keep you updated on miles, car & home!

flamepony12
06-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Wow Gina.. I can't believe this, I hadn't even seen the first thread since I never check Cat General. But I clicked on your "Lost Ark" Link and have been reading through all of your threads so far, and all I have to say is that you're one amazing person. So strong and always optimistic. I'm so glad things are getting better for you. Stay strong, Gina, and remember that we're always here for you when you need prayers and good will. :) ((((((HUGS))))))

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi Gina, sorry I haven't spoken to you in a while. Been busy with kids and stuff. LH told me to read your post and all I can say is WOW!!!! Now I know why I've been thinking about you so much lately.
First, I'm so glad that everyone is doing better now. Oh my God, I don't think I could have handled all that.
Second, I'm so glad that you will have a new place to live!
Third, I love the new(ish) car it's beautiful! I bet you can't wait to drive it.
and Last but not least, Congratulations! on your 4.0! that is awesome!

P.S. Lady says to say HI! to Crayola.