PDA

View Full Version : Lion attacks zookeeper.

Kfamr
05-13-2002, 04:08 PM
A lion at Busch Gardens "attacked" a zookeeper... On the news here they said the zookeeer may have provoked the Lion. She was trying to get out of her chair, wrapped a finger around a bar of the cage and the lion attacked. They said they have no intentions of putting the animal to sleep... Thanks to Rachel... heres a link. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/13/lion-folo.htm

Former User
05-14-2002, 01:58 AM
Ugh, if this girl did put her hand in the cage, she can only blame herself then! How stupid! She of all people should know what will happen, since she's working there...
I sure do hope they're not going to put this lion down, he was just being a lion!

05-14-2002, 02:12 AM
:mad:
that zoo-keeper must have been mad or at least very thoughtless !!!:rolleyes: !! Even children know they are not supposed to put anything between the bars ...:(

hope she learned her lessen and also that this lion will not be punished !!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-14-2002, 02:36 AM
I read in the newspaper that the lion will not be put down and that the hospital was unsucsessful (?!?!?!!?!?!? spelling ?!?!?!) at reataching (?!?!!? spelling, I am up toooo late!!!) the girls arm here is the article....http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/news/0502/14lion.html

isn't he a beeeeutiful lion!!!!!

purrley
05-14-2002, 07:04 AM
Stupid Girl, BEAUTIFUL LION. Thank god they didn't put the lion down for just being a lion!!!!

lizbud
05-14-2002, 02:14 PM
" Male lions have to be in cages by themselves or they will fight to the death. This may apply to other male cats."

Spencer, you'll have to agree that lions(male or female) are
not in their natural habitat. Free roaming males may tangle
over a female, but rarely fight "to the death".(In a cage, there
is no escape for either animal). Male kitty cats will fight over
mates also, but almost never "to the death".There is no need
to kill to prove superiority in the cat world. I know that you
are aware of this, but your description of male lions sounded
like they are heartless killers. :( Liz.

lizbud
05-14-2002, 07:10 PM
Spencer,

Sorry if I seemed to come on a little strong with my
comments. Just can't stand the "spiel" guides often
give the public about animals in cages. :(

lynnestankard
05-15-2002, 04:08 AM
Gorgeous lion - rather stupid zookeeper. :(

Lynne

Kfamr
05-15-2002, 08:46 PM
I swear if tey do put this animal to sleep. I will do all i can to make their lives miserable.... and i can complain very well! ask my parents :)

Fuzzy317
05-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
... She decided to stick her arm thru the bars. I'm sure the zoo warns against this.

The article said she only put her hand around the bar to help her stand perhaps

She was standing behind a safety fence, but apparently wrapped a finger around one of the bars — an encroachment zookeepers are taught to avoid.