PDA

View Full Version : What this all about??

catnapper
06-18-2006, 09:12 AM
I was laying in bed this morning, rubbing Nicki's belly and basically trying to avoid getting out of bed. Every muscle in my body is screaming at me for the past few days (in case you missed the thread in general, my daughter had her baby thursday night!)

So there I was, happily lazing in bed with my dog. Pouncer came along and sat next to me. Wow, that surprised me because he NEVER sits ANYWHERE near me (I guess he's afraid I'll pick him up and kiss him -- which usually has a high risk of happening LOL) I reached out and gently gave him a chin scritchie. He steped up onto my belly and licked my fingers (gnawed a bit too :rolleyes: ) Then he did the most amazing thing: he laid down!!!! :eek: And even more amazing was that he laid down facing me instead of turning and giving me his tail in my face LOL. We laid like that for a good half hour - me scritching, him gnawing on my fingers.

What happened to my little boy? Did someone replace him in the middle of the night with a different brown tabby?

Or does he know that the baby will be home tonight and is telling me he'll be nice?

Don't listen to this crazy lady - I did not willing sit with her and I certainly did not enjoy my chin scritchies!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/GrumpyBoy.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Ash is coming home tonight already?? :eek: . Wow, that is fast, especially after caesarian...!
Get some extra rest while you still can, grandma :)

jenluckenbach
06-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Are you certain that it was not one of the OTHER brown tabbies???

Are you certain he did not do something NAW-TEE that you have not found yet??

Are you certain that you were not dreaming????? :p

jazzcat
06-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow, they really do sense change I think.

moosmom
06-18-2006, 11:59 AM
:eek: Ashley had a caesararian??? Boy, talk about being outta the loop.

momcat
06-18-2006, 01:03 PM
First off and most important CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!!!!!It's funny how receptive cats are to any kind of major change going on. Maybe your fur family was trying to tell you they're anxious to meet your newest family member and will do their part in taking care of the baby.

catmandu
06-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Cogatulations Grandma, and we are hoping to see some Baby Photos with Your Cats soon.
I bet Your Cats and Grandchild get along famously.

CalliesMom
06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Again, Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I think that Nawtee, errr Pounter, realizes something is up and he needing the security of a good lap pet. :) I'm sure he is going to be ecstatic when the baby gets here. LOL Keep us updated with PLENTY OF PICTURES!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-19-2006, 06:06 AM
*lol* at the picture and caption!!

WAY TO GO POUNCER!!.. I wonder sometimes what goes through those little kitty minds...

I wonder how all the furry ones are gonna react to the new baby!!!

Im so excited for you! :D

catnapper
06-19-2006, 07:32 AM
I woke this morning to the same thing! wow! If I wasn't already laying down, I'd have fallen over! I also had Flutter on my left this morning. She's never in bed!

Years ago, before Harry, Abby, and Flutter, I wold wake each morning with him on my stomach and making happy feet on my chest. He used to be so sweet and affectionate. Has he finally forgiven me for bringing in those 3? :eek:

Sara, as for the baby and kitties: Actually I was going to start a thread about that. They are completely ignoring little Cameron Nicholas. Harry sniffed the carrier, but nobody's done anything else. I guess having all the baby stuff for the past few months got them over the excitement of sniffing new stuff? I went to the trouble of stealing a blanket the hospital wrapped him in.... and they have the audacity to not care about this new alien creature that came into their home? :eek:

Truthfully, the cats are more amazed at the "Its a Boy" balloon we hung outside the front door. The wind keeps blowing it in front of the windows and they keep trying to stalk its shadow! LOLOLOLOL

Sonia59
06-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Congratulations!!!!

It's cute from Pouncer to start preparing himself to welcome the baby :D

catfamily
06-19-2006, 10:49 AM
That must of made you so very happy :)

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Time to change this then eh?

http://bd.lilypie.com/7njEm4/.png

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Sara, as for the baby and kitties: Actually I was going to start a thread about that. They are completely ignoring little Cameron Nicholas. Harry sniffed the carrier, but nobody's done anything else. I guess having all the baby stuff for the past few months got them over the excitement of sniffing new stuff? I went to the trouble of stealing a blanket the hospital wrapped him in.... and they have the audacity to not care about this new alien creature that came into their home? :eek:

Truthfully, the cats are more amazed at the "Its a Boy" balloon we hung outside the front door. The wind keeps blowing it in front of the windows and they keep trying to stalk its shadow! LOLOLOLOL

awww

i was curious! silly kitties.. im sure you're so glad to have your grandbaby home.... and it is probably going to be fun watching Cameron grow up and try to catch and play with the kitties!