PDA

View Full Version : Does miz Ritzy need a diet?

tuxluvr
05-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Then :she was 6 months old
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2001/May/08.jpgnow:2yrshttp://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6974/images/th_PN-ypMCoBQIAAC8P3ms_6974_35.jpg

But seriously, her diet is quite restricted.....I think she just might be "extra furry" in the second picture. Vet says she is ok (but he might say anything to get little miss crabby face out of his office) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-13-2002, 04:05 PM
You think she's crabby now, Just try putting her on a DIET!!! I know of which I speak having finally given up on diets years ago. I always gained the weight back plus some. I would listen to the vet. She looks great to me.:)

Edwina's Secretary
05-13-2002, 04:23 PM
Regrettably, if you put a photo of me in Young Adulthood next to a photo of me today in Full Adulthood it would be the same results -- a bit fuller in the middle, less "come hither" in the eyes but a more direct, frank gaze and a calmer demeanor.

You look fabulous Miss Ritzy!!!

05-13-2002, 04:34 PM
oh Tuxluvr ; your Ritzy looks just fine !!!!
your vet is right !!! look at the thread on Cat General ; you will get the picture ;) (thread is called : introducing Sydney)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-13-2002, 08:34 PM
OH HOW I LUV RITZY!!!!!

I personally think Mz. Ritzy is perfect!!!! JUST CUDDLY LUVVABLY SQUEEZABLY PURRRRFECT!!!!!!!! I just love a thick kitty that I can wrap up in my arms and LOVE!!!!!:D :D :D

Logan
05-13-2002, 09:10 PM
My vet is very frank with me about these things and my pets.....if they need a diet, he very gently tells me so! I think if your vet is comfortable with Ritzy's weight, you should leave it alone. She looks wonderful. :)

AmberLee
05-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Logan
...if your vet is comfortable with Ritzy's weight, you should leave it alone. She looks wonderful. ...

Amen! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2002, 11:49 PM
I think Miz Ritzy looks very beautiful. I wouldn't put her on a diet. As long as she's healthy and happy and the vet isn't concerned about her weight, then I would just let things remain as they are.http://www.ublondes.net/smilies//kitty%20smile.gif

Former User
05-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I think if your vet is comfortable with Ritzy's weight, you should leave it alone. She looks wonderful. :)

Well said Logan, my thoughts exactly!

tuxluvr
05-14-2002, 06:35 AM
I agree with all, of course - I've always had a fondness for "full faced" kitties and have always thought Ritz was perfect. She weighs about 13lbs, and Amberlee, I agree, love to cuddle the big furry kitties. Right after her spay surgery she was eating quite a bit (she got to be over 15lbs) and the vet suggested slightly cutting back food intake and not just keeping the dish completely full all the time. That worked well, and she also exercises and is very, very active.

She's only crabby at the vets - very, very nice kitty at home. :D And I'm teasing somewhat about the vet - he is a very nice man who chuckles at Ritzy's antics, but thinks she is a very lovely cat....he has been our vet for years and I know people who have moved away to other cities and still bring their pets back to him for care.

Spencer, the caviar made me laugh - I wouldn't dare get her started, I'd never hear the end of it if I had to stop :D

What made me think of it was that silly advertisement for some kind of cat food that shows the cat growing back in "leaner" form...and I think the cat before looked pretty good to me, and in fact looked a bit like Ritz. Honestly, the ad kind of creeps me out because it reminds me of one of the scenes from the new Mummy movies (the first one where they show the shadow of the guy being depleted by the Mummy....uugggh)

Edwina's Secretary AMEN to that - I just hide all my "younger day" pictures....:D and ditto to Mommofuzzyfaces- diets are torture - I've been a lot happier myself not trying to turn me into an impossible ideal and learn to love the important stuff inside me.

So, the pet talk vote is unanimous, Ritzy is purrrfect "as is" :D

tuxluvr
05-14-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by lut
oh Tuxluvr ; your Ritzy looks just fine !!!!
your vet is right !!! look at the thread on Cat General ; you will get the picture ;) (thread is called : introducing Sydney)

Ooooh, Sydney is handsome! Looks somewhat like a more mature version of Casper...or perhaps Tubby of Tubby n Peanut fame.

I LOVE the one of him in the burlap bag....a substantial kitty, indeed! The best kind

lynnestankard
05-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Ritzy is purrrfect "as is" quoted by tuxluvr

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

Lynne

Randi
05-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Ritzy! You look just right!! You're a beauty! Don't let your mum starve you!! ;)