PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Bengalz
06-18-2006, 07:52 AM
My name is Betty and I live in B.C. with my husband and a very sweet little two year old bengal (mix) kitty named Eve.

Eve has recently adopted us, although her story is somewhat unusual. She was rescued by another and chose to live with us. She has been with us for about 2 months and as of today has her forever home. Her previous owners came by last night to let us know they felt it better for Eve to be where she is happiest. They are wonderful people with 2 dogs and another cat. Their kitty is actually Eve's daughter. (The cats were adopted together.)

I am thrilled to be a cat mommy again. Our RB kitties have been gone for several years and it feels wonderful to have a new furbaby to cuddle and care for.

I am not "new" to pet Talk as I have been browsing this forum since it's inception and have enjoyed getting to "know" so many of you and your adorable babies. Now I have a little kitty to share with you and look forward to your comments.

Although I have many wonderful photos of our little girl, it will take me a while to get the hang of posting them for all to see.

Thanks for listening.

Zippy
06-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Welcome!

Bengalz
06-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Thank you Zippy,

I have managed to post a few photos of Eve in Cat General if you are interested in seeing her. Have a great day!

Zippy
06-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Thank you Zippy,

I have managed to post a few photos of Eve in Cat General if you are interested in seeing her. Have a great day!

I will go see her now. :)

Ginger's Mom
06-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi Betty, welcome to Pet Talk. Hmm...you seem to have the advantage here, in that you know many of us. I am off now to Cat General to try and catch up. :D Glad you decided to become a contributing member.

ETA: She is a very pretty girl. :)

Randi
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Welcome to PT, Bengalz! :) How wonderful that you're once again a catmom - I'm looking forward to hear more, and see pictures. Off to Cat General ....

Bengalz
06-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Thank you Ginger's Mom and Randi for your warm replies.

I have loved both cats and dogs all my life and have been graced with their friendship for many years, except for the last few.

My childhood cat was a huge orange tabby/persian (Sam) who lived with my family for 22 years. I knew him from the day he was born and he taught me how to love cats! Randi - I have a soft spot for Fister - you can only imagine why.

We also had an Old English Sheepdog (Bobtail) - Toba. She was the most loving soul on four paws and I will always miss her. Her life was shortened by cancer at the young age of nine and losing her was one of the painful experiences in my memory. Toba was Sam's best buddy; a lot furry butts in our household lol.

My husband and I had the pleasure of raising two more kitties: August, a beautiful black tabby and Roxy, a gorgeous little maine coon. They grew up together as kittens and were inseparable. What a lot of fun it was to have these two "kids" - always into something and always entertaining. Roxy passed at the age of nine (Kidney disease) leaving August very sad. (I learned just how deeply kitties grieve for their loved ones with this experience.) August passed at the age of sixteen and we were devastated. So much so that it has taken this long and a chance of faith to have another kitty in our lives.

Perhaps our RB kids thought it was time and sent us this little girl - I hope that is the case.

By the way, Eve is in my lap 'helping' me send this message. How sweet it is to have a little lap warmer again.

Randi
06-18-2006, 01:31 PM
It must have been wonderful to have cats during your childhood. :) I was not allowed one, as I lived in a small flat on the top floor, but I have loved cats as long as I remember. Recently, while I was clearing up in my cellar, I found an old plate with cats on, I used it as a little girl. :)

I'm sure your RB kitties thought it was time to get Eve. I hope you'll have her for many many years and she'll stay healthy. :) Also, it seems that Eve thought it was about time you joined PT. ;)

Bengalz
06-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Randi,

You are too right - I suspect Eve is a little "diva in training" and wouldn't miss a chance in the limelight.

So sorry you could not have a kitty in childhood - it is a special time and animals contribute so much to our overall values as we become adults. You have made up for lost time and are giving Fister and his outdoor pals a quality life. He knows that and loves you dearly for it, I'm sure.

Betty

shihtzulover850
06-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Welcome to pet talk! Lots of cat lovers here! Enjoy pet talk!

wolfsoul
07-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Betty, Welcome to PT! What city do you live in? :) I live in Kelowna.

Bengalz
07-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Betty, Welcome to PT! What city do you live in? :) I live in Kelowna.

Thank you for the welcome. I live in Vancouver on the north shore and work downtown.

Your doggies are so beautiful - I always enjoy seeing your photos and hearing about them.

Betty