PDA

View Full Version : We Did It!!!!

Samantha Puppy
06-18-2006, 07:49 AM
We found a house! It's exactly what we wanted, in the exact area that we wanted. It was built in 2004 and still has the new house smell! It's a rancher duplex with a two car garage, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and a basement that's been drywalled and is ready for finishing (which will DOUBLE the square footage from 1322 to 2644!!!). It's absolutely perfect and Josh and I are totally in love with it. All we have to do is secure financing and we'll be able to put a bid in on it. But I'm not thinking that's going to be a problem since it's less than what we paid for our house two years ago when we made less money!

The only thing (aside from securing financing) that could be an issue is getting this house ready to be put on the market and sold. We are in a very desirable area, but our house only has 2 bedrooms and the people who had it before us were really hard on it. It will require a LOT of painting and cleaning before we can put it on the market (unlike some of the houses we saw yesterday, I *will not* put this house on the market until it looks flawless). Not to mention packing evvvvverything up. So I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment but I'm still hoping everything pans out. We LOVE this new house. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

PT prayers PLEASE!!!!

catnapper
06-18-2006, 08:43 AM
AWESOME!!!! I think you are smart for not putting the house up for sale until its perfect -- you'll get way more money just for a few weeks worth of elbow greese and a few cans of paint. Good Luck!!!!

Samantha Puppy
06-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks, catnapper.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
;) Sorry, I must've missed this thread... that's AWESOME! Can't wait to see pics!

Kfamr
06-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I was celebrating Father's Day today, so I hadn't seen this thead until now.

How freaking exciting! Sending positive thoughts your way.

By the way do you need anyone to come steal Aidan and Samantha.. er.. I mean help watch them while you all paint? :p ;)

Samantha Puppy
06-19-2006, 05:08 AM
By the way do you need anyone to come steal Aidan and Samantha.. er.. I mean help watch them while you all paint? :p ;)
YES! We do! If you hadn't just gone to Ohio, I would *so* seriously ask if you wanted to come up and help me out with them. I have no idea how I'm going to help Josh get the house ready paint/cleaning-wise and pack everything up in time. :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-19-2006, 05:42 AM
YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Finding a house you *love* is sooo hard!! You guys did good!!!

good luck getting everything packed up and painted and all!! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Brilliant news!

Pam
06-19-2006, 05:45 AM
AWESOME!!!! I think you are smart for not putting the house up for sale until its perfect -- you'll get way more money just for a few weeks worth of elbow greese and a few cans of paint. Good Luck!!!!

Great advice from Catnapper! I watch a program on HGTV called Designed to Sell. I absolutely LOVE that program because they take a house and have a real estate evaluator come through and point out areas that will hinder getting "top dollar." Then, on a budget of $2,000, they make some awesome changes. At the end of the show they usually tell you that the couple/s got so many offers that they upped their asking price and I mean for some of them it is $10,000+!!! Lots of luck to you. You will be surprised how much you can accomplish getting your home ready to sell once you start. You will be running on adrenalin and with dollars signs ($$) in front of your eyes! :D

Cataholic
06-19-2006, 09:28 AM

OMG. Kay, you could be a summer mother's helper! I could use you here in Ohio, too!!!

shihtzulover850
06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Yay for you!! :D

Samantha Puppy
06-19-2006, 09:45 AM
OMG. Kay, you could be a summer mother's helper! I could use you here in Ohio, too!!!
I'd hire her in a heartbeat. I'm already freaking out about how to handle everything that needs to be done and juggle it with Aidan and Samantha and the kitties.

Cataholic
06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
I'd hire her in a heartbeat. I'm already freaking out about how to handle everything that needs to be done and juggle it with Aidan and Samantha and the kitties.

One step at a time. I am moving out, completely, from my house, for one week. So, I am doing one room at a time, and will move the cats to two separate residences. I will keep Jonah with me, of course. He he he. It is overwhelming, especially as I am doing it alone, but, if you break it down to one step/room, it is doable! Throw in a trial, and planning for a vacation? Well, that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, eh?

Samantha Puppy
06-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeesh! Good luck to you!