PDA

View Full Version : Buddy R.I.P

jujuboy
06-18-2006, 07:37 AM
It is with a deep sadness and a terrible loss within that i pronounce that my beautiful mate, BUDDY the Budgie passed away...very thankful that he was made Pet Of The Day on the 8th June and we both celebrated the day with much excitement and joy...He unfortunately ingested or inhaled some of the fine dust from the carpet deoderiser which must of been embedded in the rug, and even though i do make a real effort to vacuum a few times to ensure that most of it is picked up there must of been some residue remaining :(
I woke up on the 16th to find my precious boy lying very still and not responding, i had looked after him for 3 days and he was showing signs of improvement like eating/drinking the medicine (which was like a powerade drink) and flying to me and sitting close to me for warmth and a sleep..
The vet said that it was a definate case of poisoning and it might be difficult for him to pull through...i kept him warm and ensured he got his dose of liquids, but he just couldn't stave off the cold (also, right now in Ozzie we are experiencing very cold mornings) I did my best and am fighting the guilt trips of "If only i'd.." or "maybe I should of.." :mad: :( ..My friend and I buried Buddy in a small forest near the beach overlooking the ocean, we took some last photos of us hugging him goodbye and also ones of his beautiful colours that he was blest with when born...For those who remember his story published on the 8th June, I hope you enjoyed his very entertaining and wonderful story as that is how it all happened..I have been truly honoured to of had him and terribly forlorn within that he did not recover..
He is sitting on God's shoulders now bothering the Big Man and saying.."Would you like a cup of Tea??"...many thanks,
Jujuboy...Buddy's owner

anna_66
06-18-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this:( He was a beautiful bird.

Zippy
06-18-2006, 08:10 AM
So sorry.Buddy was beautiful i read his story that day.By how you talk about him he really was your best buddy.
Rest in Peace Buddy.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm so sorry your precious boy has gone to the rainbow bridge.
I so enjoyed seeing his wonderful picture.
I'm sure you are right; he is sitting on God's shoulder right now;
Probably helping run the world and keep a special eye on you!!!

Buddy, sweetie, you left way too soon. Thank you for the smiles your sweet picture brought to me when you were Pet of the Day. Someday, we will all meet and what a wonderful time that will be.