PDA

View Full Version : Request for emotional support

AmberLee
05-13-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi,

I'm in the process of scheduling another in a series of out-patient operations to remove an amyloid that is growing between my eye, eyelid, and some of the facial bones. I've known this was coming for ages but 'ignored' it. ["Denial: the Art Form" could be my motto. :eek: :rolleyes: :o I did have a nasty reaction the first time, overstrained my eyes (stupidly) and I temporarily went blind. It was only a couple hours, but whew! it made me a lot more cautious about following the doctor's advice.] I expect with the paperwork and scheduling issues it will probably happen in roughly 8 weeks: mid-to-late July. I feel I will recouperate faster and with fewer bad side-effects if I lose weight and pick up on my exercising before then. I don't think huge progress can happen in this short time, but that improvement can, at least. I was hoping that some of you would be willing to serve in a 'cheerleader' function and I would report in once a week whether I've met my goals in weight-loss and exercise for the week. [I'm rather anti-exercise on my own. Committing publicly to exercise and reporting on my progress will help me a lot.] I know this isn't pet related (and I'm reluctant to carry a cat with me when I walk *grin*) but I hope this group is open to a once-a-week report. Okay?

Albea
05-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Of course we'll be here for moral support. If you don't post a weekly report we'll scold you and you don't want that, do you?;) ;) ;)

Logan
05-13-2002, 12:44 PM
You got it, Amber!!! Full support from here. In fact, if you'll give more details on what you plan to do each day for exercise, I might just fall in line with you and we can compare notes, and be each other's cheerleader. It is hard sometimes, especially when we're alone, to get in the right frame of mind.

Consider me your east coast cheerleader!! :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-13-2002, 12:46 PM
Absolutely.....

When I quit smoking almost a year and a half ago I put on some weight :mad: . I became so angry and frustrated. I heard a Jazzercise commercial one day on the radio. I had done Jazzercise for five years but quit for all sort of reasons. About a year ago I returned to doing it. I now go four times a week.

Regrettably I haven't lost all the weight I want to but I feel so much better!

It helps me alot to prepay (I hate wasting money) and going to a group setting where pride and competitiveness spur me on! A woman in my group is 77!

Anything I can do to help!

Former User
05-13-2002, 12:50 PM
You can count on me too AmberLee, anything I can do to to help, I will! You can also email me at anytime you know!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-13-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm the ultimate couch potato myself but am behind you 100%. I haven't figured out how to exercise while on Pet Talk yet.

zippy-kat
05-13-2002, 01:05 PM
My mommy an I are pullin' fer yooze Miz AmberLeez!

Luv,
Sophie

sasvermont
05-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Amber Lee, I am a real advocate of Weight Watchers. I know that it slow and steady and you may want more miracle like loss. I have lost 30 pounds in seven months and really do feel as though I eat a ton of food. It is slow going though.

Eat lots of salads - lots and lots of salads! Drink lots and lots of water too. And some exercise would help as well. Just don't over do it!!!

Good luck. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Amber, we are here for you. I hope your surgery goes smoothly and that you can acheive your target weight.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pb2709f89a447fb3d70966b143f73e966/fdbdbdcf.gif

wolflady
05-13-2002, 01:42 PM
{{{AmberLee}}}
Ya know you got a cheering section here for ya!!!!

I know how frustrating the whole weight issue can be, and I'm really fighting it now:( But, I have discovered that people are more inclined to go exercise with motivation...as in having a friend or someone go with you. I've been really out of touch with that whole thing, and am starting to go again. Once I get going and in a routine...it's great...it's just getting started that is so hard. I've felt really tired and 'down' a lot lately, and I do think some of it has to do with this extra weight I'm carrying around.
If you're interested, feel free to come with me to my gym! They have treadmills you can walk on if that is something you'd be interested in. I like the treadmills, and you can go at your own pace. Whatever is the most comfortable. I like to do cardio kickboxing, step aerobics and yoga...all of which are taught at my gym. But they also have treadmills, other exercise machines, weights, wolleyball courts...etc. A friend of mine was going and walking the treadmills while I did my step class awhile back, and I really lost a lot of weight back then! Just because I knew my friend was going and couldn't let him down by not showing up! LOL :D It really helps to have someone go with you, plus that makes it more enjoyable too! I like to try and make it 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, and Thurs).
Even going for a walk during the lunch hour is nice. We can meet up for lunch and take a stroll at the golfcourse if you're interested sometime!

In any case, we're all here for you and we all love you!!! :D :D

**hugs**

Randi
05-13-2002, 01:50 PM
Full support from me too!! You can do it!!! Within weeks you will feel more fit if you exercise, that's at least my experience. You may not loose weight in that time, but you will in the end! Of course you know that fatty food is a NO NO!!

If you could find someone to join you in a gym or something that would make it easier - or if you live in nice surroundings, you'll probably tend to go for more walks - better than nothing!

I wish you all the best of luck with your operation!!

Lets hear reports on your progress! ;)

hugs from your Scandinavian cheerleader!

Karen
05-13-2002, 01:52 PM
We'll be with you all the way - maybe we should all post our exercise accomplishments for the week with you - we'll boost each other! (Playing toreador with Miss Hoppy is no exercize for me, though it's plenty for her! I just wave the "cape" - she the one dashing about!)

lynnestankard
05-13-2002, 03:18 PM
English Cheer Section ready and reporting for duty AmberLee!!!!:D

Behind you 100% and I've got everything crossed for you. Hope the weight lose goes well. Go on girl - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

http://hstrial-rknouse.hssites.com/files/bouncen.gif

Lynne

AmberLee
05-13-2002, 03:39 PM
You guys are SO great! **group hug!** :D ;)

My plan is still a little vague.

I definately want to get in at least 100 minutes of aerobic activity each week -- ideally 5 * 20 minute walks (or swims), though if my schedule gets hectic multiples of 10 minute ones would work as well. I would like to augment this with stretching exercises and work with weights so that I have at least 20 minutes of physical activity a day.

I also definately want to drink at least 64 oz of water a day. And increase the amounts of fruits and vegetables I eat. This one sounds weird, I know, but I want to eat at least three small meals a day. When my schedule gets crazy I sometimes go 24 and 36 hours without eating and when I finally do eat it's frequently not sound nutritionally (to put it mildly!...) [:o -- Yeah, this is a VERY BAD habit, especially for a diabetic. :o]

I would also like to lose weight, but that's the lowest priority of the three for me right now. I'm also taking my measurements and plan to measure every Sunday evening/Monday morning. Sometimes, especially when I'm exercising, I lose inches but no pounds which is heartbreaking when the scale is my/your major milestone.

So I pledge to post each Monday what my total aerobic exercise was for the week in minutes, rest of my exercise total, days of success in water drinking/eating, weight differential, and inches differential. Thank you for your encouragement everybody, you are the best! :D :cool: :D

Cincy'sMom
05-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Amber Lee, I am a real advocate of Weight Watchers. I know that it slow and steady and you may want more miracle like loss. I have lost 30 pounds in seven months and really do feel as though I eat a ton of food. It is slow going though.

Eat lots of salads - lots and lots of salads! Drink lots and lots of water too. And some exercise would help as well. Just don't over do it!!!

Good luck. :)

I can't myself testify for weight watchers, but it has been wonderful for some family members.

I was reading a article in Prevention (?) magazine and in a study they did people who exercised shorter periods, a few times a day lost more weight then those who excercised all at one time. Might also be easier to fit in 3 -10 work peroids then a 1/2 hr all at once...

I too should lose some weight and would be in for a "pet talk support group" :)

tatsxxx11
05-13-2002, 04:37 PM
I'll be your biggest cheerleader, Pauline!! I was a cheerleader in high school and think I can pull out a few oldies but goodies!:D It would be great if you could have a "live" buddy to share your aerobic work with. I think it would be a great motivator! Of course, all of your Pet Talk pals are here to cheer you on every step of the way:) And it goes without saying that we will be "with you" throughout your surgery and recovery!!

05-13-2002, 04:51 PM
you have my moral support too AmberLee !!!!
Having surgery is never pleasant ...; but we will get you through it , all the way !!!!

as to loosing weight ; I am also very happy with the WeightWatchers programm !!! Works slowly , but that 's just the good thing about it !!! (and , you have time to part with to-large-clothes ....;) ;) :D )

take care AmberLee !!!!

cavialova
05-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Amber, i really hope your sugery goes all under control;)

Corinna
05-13-2002, 05:46 PM
Merlin and I both are tring to lose weight. I have to or the Dr. will put me on insulin shots. We have a grade school a block away. So we walk an hour a day . I also found that if you drink half of your body weight in Ounces in filtered water. it's incentive to get that last 10 lbs. off. Merlin has 15 lbs to go, and I have 30 . we all should keep each other informed of our progress . Pet talk weigh off.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-13-2002, 07:40 PM
We'll be cheering for you too Amber Lee!!!!

http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/kao/msroom/m-wai.gif http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/kao/msroom/m-wai.gif http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/kao/msroom/m-wai.gif

Well be praying for you that you reach your goals and that your surgery goes exceptionally well!!!:)

moosmom
05-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Sasvermont,

I am also an advocate of Weight Watchers. I've been on it since the beginning of February. I've only lost 12 pounds so far, but my cholesterol is WAY down and I'm eating better. It's the easiest diet in the world to follow. My best friend, my daughter and I are all on it. I'd rather take the weight off slowly and keep it off. I tried Jenny Craig and lost 43 pounds but put it back on pretty quickly. Plus the food got boring. On WW you can eat normal food. I feel better and have more energy than I've had in years.

AmberLee,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on your surgery.

Donna

Ann
05-14-2002, 04:34 AM
I'll most definately be here for you too! I know almost exactly what you're going through... I had a bloodclot in one of my eyes that rendered me half blind thanks to me being overweight and getting a disease called insulin resistance and I too had to loose weigh and have alot of crap done to my eye. I over-did it alot though, and was just super depressed and stop eating totally which made me loose about 7 kilos a month (thats 15 american pounds), so my advice to you is to do it the healthy way like you are planning!!

Good luck on your surgery and everything else. We'll all be here for ya :)

Logan
05-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Well, I understand that Pauline was off to a good start yesterday! She is already one day ahead of me, but she has given me the incentive I need to keep up with her today. Honey and Lilly will make sure I get plenty of exercise. :eek:

Rachel
05-14-2002, 08:21 AM
Okay, I'm throwing in with you all. I have 30 lbs to lose as well and it's really getting me down. I keep up with the exercise on a fairly consistant basis and eat right during the day but my down fall is after dinner when I crave something sweet and then I wake up in the night and eat to get back to sleep. I undo everything I've done right during the day by being night feeder. My theory is that although exercise is important for a variety of health reasons, the battle of weight fought primarily in what you eat and what you don't eat. I haven't come to terms with that aspect.

Gio
05-14-2002, 09:09 AM
Count me in! :D I have to lose some weight as well...

Randi
05-14-2002, 10:10 AM
Amber Lee! Thought I'd send you this link with lots of good stuff to eat. I better not let you have my recipe on chocolate truffles until x-mas. :D

Keep us updated on how you're doing, please! ;)

Lots of good recipees (http://allrecipes.com/directory/default.asp)

sasvermont
05-14-2002, 11:51 AM
My feeble minded theory is that if you have a good reason to drop the weight, you will. But it HAS to be a good reason that YOU elect, not someone else.

My reason is that I don't want to put myself at risk for high anything. I have about 20 more pounds to go and have joined Weight Watchers for another 6 months. So, if I am, and I will be, successful, I will have lost 50 in one year. That is about 1 pound per week. This past week I lost 1.6 pounds and I ate lots of food, including some things that one would not consider on a diet. I eat just tons of salads - and every day for lunch, I eat a Lean Cusine or SmartOne, premeasured meal. I think it is the lunch time event that was taking me up in the weight. I also switched to sherbet and gave up ice cream.

I drink lots and lots of water too.

Haven't started the exercise thing quite yet. Thought I would wait for summer time.

If I did not have to weigh in once a week, I don't think I would be sticking with the diet. I highly recommend Weight Watchers.

Good luck everyone. I need some of that conviction too though. I still have 20 more to go!

SAS:rolleyes:

sirocco
05-14-2002, 12:21 PM
... you have all my (OUR ;) ) support!!!!!

And I think you wouldn't be the only one who gets support from this site!! I just love how everyone here cares for the others - that's the best support I could ask for! It really makes my day enter PetTalk and meet you all here again!

Surely you can count on us! :D

Nita

Logan
05-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Ok, scorekeeper, Helen and I left the house with Honey and Lilly in tow at 8:30 pm. We walked in at 9:05 pm. We could have gone further, but it was DARK!!! :eek:

AmberLee
05-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Logan
...left the house ... at 8:30 pm... in at 9:05 pm. ...

:D ;) :eek: I'm very proud of you, although I do feel a bit like a slave driver. I got one walk in this morning (15 minutes, stupidly carrying Cassy (long story: cat-aerobics is not all it's cracked up to be :D)) and a short one at lunch and another after work, I hope... Yea, us!!!

I can't say I'm feeling any slimmer yet (sorer, yes). Wolflady and I are going for a walk together at lunch on Friday and will try her gym next week. Whew!!! I don't think I'm up to an aerobics class there, but have asked them to send me a class listing. Her description of the yoga class sounds good!

P.S. re. your questions elsewhere (can't find it now) on the earthquake. Yes, we felt it. I was just logging off the computer when it hit and I figured it wouldn't last very long. Can not believe how long it takes Winodws XP to close! Well, the earthquake lasted just long enough to get me nervous -- I got in a door way and tried to get the fur-babies to join me. Cass hunkered down in his hammock and Livv (in extra- fluffy mode!) scampered under the dining room table. No damage, fortunately. I compared notes with Wolflady who lives a LOT closer to the epicenter: no damage there either except to her nerves (& Marius' and Scooter's nerves too, of course). {{{hugs!}}}

P.P.S. Did the long walk make up to Lilly and Honey for the g-r-o-o-m-e-r visit earlier?

Genia
05-14-2002, 09:49 PM
This is from a person who has to get up at 6 am to workout every M-W-F. I HATE to exercise, but I can't perform my job properly with the extra weight. I gained a lot of weight due to knee problems a few months ago and what really has me back into the swing of things is that my office started a group exercise program. We meet and do stretches, sit-ups, and pushups together and then we either go to the gym for 20-30 min of cardio or a 2 mile run. It is so much easier when you have someone with you. There have been so many mornings when I just wanted to roll over and hit the snooze button for a little extra sleep, but knowing I have someone waiting on me gets me going. Good plan with the water and the small meals. I still have a hard time eating 3-5 times a day. I used to go all day and then come home and eat dinner with my daughter. I ended up going back for 2nd, sometimes 3rd helpings! I now find eating breakfast (oatmeal) lunch (grilled chicken salad) and snacks (cucumbers, carrots, and celery) during the day, I eat smaller healthier meals at dinner. Keep up the good work and I hope everything works out for you!

Logan
05-15-2002, 05:23 AM
Whew! I am sure glad you're fine from the earthquake, Wolflady too! I'm envious that you two wil be able to walk together on friday!

Do you know that after we got home last night from the walk, the "girls" went in the backyard for about 5 minutes, got a drink of water and did whatever dogs do in the backyard, then came straight inside? I fed them when they cooled down (late dinner last night), then they went to sleep and are still in the exact spot I left them in when we turned out Helen's lights last night! LOL! They were pooped!! I think we made them happy! :) And they've stayed clean (on a Tuesday night too :eek: )!!!!

sammi
05-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Good luck! Will be rooting for you. I also need to increase my water intake and. How does everyone else get all that water in???

AvaJoy
05-15-2002, 08:51 PM
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=deeppink]Where there is a will, there is a way . . . so, WAY TO GO, Amberlee!!!:D I was a cheerleader in Junior High (never made the squad in HS . . . darn) so I'm here for sis-boom-bah, rah-rah-rah support in your efforts, and hoping all goes smoothly with your surgery! :)

There is a doctor's column in my daily newspaper, and he always recommends cutting out all refined stuff like flour and sugar foods. Weight Watchers has the right idea . . . slow loss increases the chances of not regaining the pounds. These fad/crash diets may show immediate results, but in the long term they are worthless because for example: nobody can subsist on just grapefruit!

I'm a vegetarian, but do eat some dairy and fish. I either steam or grill a week's worth of veggies on the weekend, and use couscous (takes 5 minutes to prepare) as a bed and vary my sauces. So for dinner each night all I have to do is arrange my veggies with the bed (sometimes it is pasta or rice) usually add some (previously steamed) tofu for protein, and drizzle on a light sauce or salad dressing and put the plate into microwave and presto, dinner is served! Saves me time during the week, since I don't have to actually "cook" any meals.

Surely this menu is boring to most, but I love the convenience, and I make a HUGE array of veggies, so I can switch off and they keep well for the week in containers. Now that summer is here, lots of fresh vegetables are/will soon be available, so I'm in my GLORY!!!

Well, here's to much success, Amberlee . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

BTW, did you notice any unusual furkid behavior shortly before the earthquake? I've heard that cats can sense atmospheric changes, and we can be forewarned if we are atune to our kitties . . . :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm here for you too AmberLee. I try to work out four times a week. I do it at home so I have to get myself very motivated before each workout. Even if you just walk 30 minutes a day you will feel better. You just have to get into the routine. The beginning is the hardest. I also want to wish you good luck with your surgery. Just remember that we are all here for you.http://www.ublondes.net/smilies//kitties.gif

AmberLee
05-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Thank you, you guys are all so sweet. {{{hugs all around!}}}

Specific questions/issues:

Sammi

How does everyone else get all that water in???

I find drinking filtered water much more pleasant than tap, and have a checklist to tick off when I've drunk an 8-oz. serving. I also enjoy a slice of lemon or lime in it. Anybody else have water tips to suggest?

AvaJoy

did you notice any unusual furkid behavior shortly before the earthquake?

No, I didn't notice anything unusual. I had dinner (salad!) with a neighbor whose Jack Russell Terrier started reacting about 5 minutes before the quake though, so we are all watching our furkids more closely now, especially Baxter (the JRT who reacted).

KrazyAbout Kats

so I have to get myself very motivated before each workout.
Sounds good!! Any specific tips you'd like to share?

wolflady
05-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Oh how I love this place!! I think it's absolutely wonderful all the support that Pet Talkers give. Just reading these posts is getting me more motivated to eat better and really stick to exercise. I was really good about going steadily 3 times a week all the way up until August, when I went home to see my nephew. Then all this stuff at work kept me from going to the gym. So, I'm really feeling it now!! All these extra pounds really has me down:( So, hopefully I can just get back into a routine and all will be good. I've done it once, by golly I can do it again!!!

Maybe we should have a weekly Pet Talk weight watchers weigh in!! LOL LOL

Oh, my yes...the earthquake! It's by far the biggest one I've felt since I moved here. It ocurred 2 miles south of where I live 4 miles underground. It registered a 5.2. Like AmberLee said, it lasted long enough to get me to feeling nervous. I had just finished watching my TV show (OK, I admit it...I am a WB addict, and we just finished watching Angel). I was getting ready to go up to my parent's house when it hit. So, it was around 10pm. Everything was shaking back and forth and I heard stuff crashing upstairs! :eek: Talk about feeling helpless!! Back in the midwest, we had tornado drills and all of that...but I have no idea how to react in an actual earthquake! It lasted for 12 seconds, but it felt much longer than that! Marius went and hid in under the bed and wouldn't come out. Scooter...who knows...he always looks shocked anyway! :rolleyes: LOL LOL :D
This earthquake was strong enough for the cities much farther north of us to feel it! Like Amberlee and a lot of my other friends in the San Jose, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara areas. It's funny, because about 2-3 weeks ago, we had a minor earthquake down in Gilroy, registering about a 3.0. The weird thing about it, is it was just one big boom...like a cannon and that was all! Who knew that earthquakes make noise. Talk about all-powerful! But, everyone is ok:) There were only a few minor things that fell and broke.

AmberLee
05-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Wolflady,

I spoke with Dan (Dave? Don? "short D name guy" anyway) at your gym and with various specials currently going the most cost-effective solution is a 6-month membership. I'm visiting free this coming Monday to try the yoga class. I think we are going to be gym-mates soon. [Who'd've thought it?? :eek: :eek: ]

;) :cool:

wolflady
05-16-2002, 05:36 PM
That's awsome, AmberLee!!! I may just have to stay an extra hour next monday to attend the yoga class with you after my step class!:)
It will be so much better to go with a friend!:D See you tomorrow! :D

Karen
05-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Water? I live on Fruit-2-O! It's just fruit flavored sweet - but not saccarine, or Nutrasweet, another kind of non-caloric sweetener - water. It's not carbonated, and I drink it all day, pretty much! :) So much better than regular water, which I never drink unless there's nothing else! ;)

Is it available elsewhere, or just New England? Made by Veryfine, which is a Massachusetts company, so ...

AmberLee
05-16-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Karen
...I live on Fruit-2-O! ...

Karen, I haven't hear of this product. Sounds interesting. Is it in the soda area of your grocery or fruit juice area?

Did you say it is no calorie?

Cinder & Smoke
05-16-2002, 07:25 PM
We gotta ask Dad ta put sum in our water bowls :D

The Fruit 2 O and Fruit 2 O Plus drinks are bottled by
Veryfine Products; Littleton, MA.

Toll free number = 1-800-VERYFINE (1-800-837-9346)

Web Site =

http://www.veryfine.com/products.html

AmberLee
05-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
...The Fruit 2 O and Fruit 2 O Plus drinks are bottled by Veryfine Products; Littleton, MA....

Thanks!

(It IS no calorie -- can't determine if it's sold in California though. That portion of the site is giving error messages. I'll try tomorrow.)

Cinder, Smoke -- what flavors do you fur-kids like? Citus? Berry? I don't think it comes in meat flavors...

Pam
05-16-2002, 08:02 PM
AmberLee this thread has been really interesting for me. I have a neighbor who I hadn't seen in over a year. She lives down the street and we each are involved in so many different things that we had gotten out of touch. I saw her daughter in the mall and she told me her mom had lost 100 lbs. on Weight Watchers. Well last week I saw her in person. I swear if it wasn't the fact that her voice was coming out of this NEW body I wouldn't have believed it was her. If I ever do a weight loss program it will be Weight Watchers. She is now on "maintenance" which she said is actually harder. Great idea for a thread!! I have been walking Bella around the neighborhood lately and your post has inspired me to keep at it!

lizbud
05-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Wolflady,
Sorry Off topic, but I noticed you mentioned
a few cities in CA near the quake.My son(Purdue
Grad) just accepted a job transfer from Dallas
to Sunnyvale, Ca. He'll be moving in a few mos.
Please tell me quakes are not the norm for that
area.Hoosiers are accustomed to tornado warnings
and floods, but earthquakes are VERY scary...:eek:

wolflady
05-17-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Wolflady,
Sorry Off topic, but I noticed you mentioned
a few cities in CA near the quake.My son(Purdue
Grad) just accepted a job transfer from Dallas
to Sunnyvale, Ca. He'll be moving in a few mos.
Please tell me quakes are not the norm for that
area.Hoosiers are accustomed to tornado warnings
and floods, but earthquakes are VERY scary...:eek:

Wow!! Congrats to your son and his new job (transfer)!! :D :D Finding one out here isn't easy! :eek: I still have several friends who have been looking for jobs for over 10 months now! :eek: Bless their hearts!;)

Sunnyvale is a really nice city up here in the Bay Area. I've lived here for 3 years and have only experienced 3 quakes (2 of which were further south, so the cities further north, like Sunnyvale didn't feel them). So, luckily, they don't seem to be too much of a norm. Thank goodness!! It also just so happens that I don't live too far from a major faultline. There are several faultlines running through different parts of California, and I would think that the Hayword one would be the closest one to Sunnyvale (still pretty far away though). I live closer to the San Andreas :eek: All in all, I think he will be just fine in Sunnyvale. Chances are if he experiences an earthquake, it will be coming from down south where I live like this last one did!! But, hopefully that won't happen to often!!! Be sure to pass on the well wishes for his move! I hope he likes it out here! I do admit, the weather if fabulous, and being a transplant Indiana girl...it's a nice change from all the heat, humidity, freezing temps...all in all crazy weather changes that Indiana can give! LOL LOL :D I do miss Indiana, though sometimes:o
**hugs**

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2002, 11:13 AM
I'm late to this, but Amberlee and everyone else, you can count on my support too! I'm so glad things are working out for you Amberlee, and a yoga class sounds like a very good start. I've wanted to join a yoga class for awhile now, but it always seems like I'm way too busy to be tied to something 2 or 3 nights a week. I'm already going to a chiropracter twice a week after work so maybe when that's over with (soon I hope) I'll feel like I have more time. Terry and I really should exercise more, and maybe this will give me the incentive to get out and do it. Even just a 15 minute walk around the neighborhood is better than sitting on the couch or in front of this dumb/wonderful computer. ;) Maybe I can get Tubby back into going for walks too. We used to do it years and years ago when he was just young, and he really seemed to enjoy it. Of course it was more exercise for him than for me since we had to stop every 2 or 3 feet for him to sniff some new interesting sniffs, but it was fun, and the exercise can't hurt him either. :) Keep us up to date on your progress!