PDA

View Full Version : Daisy's Missing!! *update - FOUND*

zoey
06-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Daisy is missing! Some of us have searched the area. And I went back over there a couple of hours ago and searched again. The worst part is, she's not wearing her tag. :eek:
I've contacted the local shelters, but they are not open for business yet. Needless to say, I haven't gotten any sleep. I cried for hours. Ugh. This is the most helpless feeling, knowing that these hours can be so crucial to finding her.
I guess I just wanted to come here for support and maybe a hug. If anyone has any ideas, please any and all are welcomed. (Right now I'm going to make up a flier to print out, should the shelters not have her.) :(

Alysser
06-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way for you at this time!((HUGS))I'm so sorry. I have no suggestions but good luck.

jackie
06-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Good luck!

Daisy come home!

Anita Cholaine
06-17-2006, 09:09 AM
How heartbreaking :( Prayers on the way for Daisy... The only suggestion I have is to don't waste your time. As you said, hours (even minutes) can be crucial. For what you said, it seems like you're doing things very well...

Daisy and Delilah
06-17-2006, 09:14 AM
OMG!! I'm so sorry to hear this. Come home Daisy!! :( I'm praying for all of you.

Majestic
06-17-2006, 09:19 AM
I pray for Daisy's safety and getting home soon.

Dorothy39
06-17-2006, 09:25 AM
When and where did you last see Daisy? As, you mentioned "over there"

Oh---Please let us know when you find her.

I hope by the time you read these post, Daisy is home , safe and sound!!!!

I'm sorry you are in such horrid despair now. You'll find her, I'm sure of it.

pitc9
06-17-2006, 09:41 AM
PLEASE COME HOME DAISY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

zoomer
06-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh no! Prayers and Thoughts sent your way.

ChrisH
06-17-2006, 03:15 PM
That is awful. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Zippy
06-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Prayering that you find Daisy.(((Hugs)))

zoey
06-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks all. Daisy's back. Gah. It feels so uber fabulous to have her with me again.
I went to check shelters today. And to talk with some folks we saw yesterday. This took me up untill a couple of hours ago, when I came home to print up more pics and flyers.
A neighbor had taken her in and cared for her overnight. :) Hooray for animal lovers!!
This nice Lady, Shelby has 6 cats, 2 dogs and various other critters which she said Daisy got on v well with.
She said she was tempted to keep Daisy :eek: , but knew finding me was the right thing to do.
Maltese_Love thanks for those much needed prayers. Those are powerful things.
Jackie Yayyy! She did! Thanks for the well wishes
Anita_Cholaine Yes, heartbreaking feeling. I was really freaking! Thanks for your prayers.
Daisy and Delilah thanks for the prayers and I love the names. ;)
Majestic Thanks for the prayers for safety and expediency. The thought of Daisy getting hit by a car was terrifying. (I saw 3 killed road kills today of little animals, not dogs though. I think they were squirrels and a possum or something.) :(
Dorothy Thanks for your faith and empathy. "Horrid despair" does describe it perfectly. ~ Daisy and I had been to a backyard barbecue with some friends and other dogs. Anyway, that was the last place I'd seen her & we found out part of the fence was loose and she just bolted. :eek:
(She's really got a lot of socialization between that and Shelby's and a little bit of a pool party today where she is now DEFINATELY wearing her tag.)
pitc9-Thanks for the well wishes. it's incredible having her home again.
zoomer - thank you for the prayers and thoughts. You guys are the best!
Okay, this mom is going for a NAP. Take it easy, everybody.
PS.
I wanted to leave a link for one of the shelters I visited today. Those li'l faces were tuggin' at my heart. If anyone lives in Houston, Galveston or surrounding area, consider an adoption!
clicky (http://www.leaguecityanimalshelter.com/law.htm)
no pics on the site, but incredibly caring staff and some really beautiful animals are there!

zoey
06-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Chris Hey Yay a new post, i missed sorry. Thanks for the prayers and good vibes.
Zippy Hi sorry i, think were posting close in time.
thanks for the prayers and (((((hugs))))))). Back at ya'!
You too, Maltese_Love. :D :D ((((((hugs)))))))) to all!

Kirsten
06-17-2006, 04:44 PM
What a relief!!! I'm glad to read that your Daisy is back home!

At least she seemed to have had a good time while she was with that woman.

Kirsten

Zippy
06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Thank God.I am so happy Daisy is home safe.what i nice lady to take her in and take care of here.Thank God for animal people.

Alysser
06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
That's so great! Daisy must have been terrified to be without her mom. You must have been so relieved. :)

luvofallhorses
06-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm so glad you found her! :) Daisy don't you do that again!

GoldenLuv
06-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Daisy you lil stinker you should't run from your momma

i bet that she was happy to see you

i am glad that she was found...

Dorothy39
06-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Whew, I got a chance to get on line and check out Daisy's situation. Just looking at the picture (sig) that accompanys your post , and, knowing that she is back home with you. Made my DAY!!!

I am so glad that someone took care of her !!! And, I know you are so relieved now , you can eat again, SLEEP again. !!!! How far away from your home was she? Anyway, I have learned something new at Pet Talk again. My grand-dogs will always wear their tags!!!!!

I am so Happy for you and for Daisy!!!!Hurray!!!!!!!!!

Almita
06-17-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm glad Daisy is ok and back!

ChrisH
06-18-2006, 05:06 AM
What great news for a Sunday morning. Thanks God!! :D
Please give your Daisy girl an extra kiss and hug from me.

anna_66
06-18-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm sorry I didn't see that she was missing, but I'm glad the update is that she is home and safe with you now.
That really must have been a terrible time for you.

Lots of hugs to you both!

zoey
06-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks everybody!!!!
Reading your replies made me laugh and cry.
I truly know how much Daisy means to me now.
And I can tell you guys know *the love* the furkids give.
So I"m in good company around here. :D :D :D