PDA

View Full Version : What is the best brush for a cat?

Sevaede
06-16-2006, 06:34 PM
My husband and I bought a brush for our cats a long while ago. I have never been sure if it was the right type of brush. See, Soni doesn't mind it when Troy brushes him but he HATES it when I brush him. It doesn't matter if the bristles are barely touching to top of him or if they're a little deeper than that.

ANYWAYS. The brush is a slicker brush (I think.). It's kind of curved and has hard but flexible bristles. What is (are?) the most appropriate brushes for cats? I would love to brush them but they hate it. =/

dionne
06-16-2006, 06:37 PM
i got a brush thats curved and square at the end. and a lfea brush which for some strange reaoshn they like more than the other one XD my cats loooooved to be brushed, abby will literally pick the feal come up in his mouth and bring it to me like a dog :rolleyes:

RedHedd
06-16-2006, 08:39 PM
It depends on the kind of fur the cat has. Mitzi has very deep, dense, fur - she's considered a long-hair. I use a wire brush on her and it barely gets down to the roots of what I call her "wool" - She's my little Wool-de-beast :D

Mishi has long, soft, silky Maine Coon fur and needs a different brush - I use a soft plastic brush on his fur.

Mitzi loves to be brushed, Mishi hates it. It all depends on the cat's background and if they were brushed as a kitten and got used to it. Be gentle. Make it a fun and loving thing. Some cats may never like being brushed.

Sevaede
06-16-2006, 10:11 PM
See, Soni LOVES it when Troy does it. I'm as gentle as I can without doing nothing and he still hates it. Heh. We got him when he was 4-6 weeks old (adopted off the streets). He's got thin and silky fur. Otherwise, he loves to be petted, cuddled, held, picked up, etc. Hopefully I can find a nice brush and he will learn to love his meowmie brushing on him! :D

I'll attach pictures later.

catmandu
06-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I use the slicker brush on the Found Cats, and for the most part they seem to like it.
However there are Found Cats that I cannot brush, for love or money.
Its not the brush, they are timid.