PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I just hurt Lily :(

Kirsten
06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I have dislocated my back very badly and my moves are uncoordinated, I think this is the reason why this could happen.

Anyway, I picked up Lily and held her in my arms, as I often do; like a baby, you know...

But this time, I think I squeezed her too much, and I think I sort of squeezed her ribs. She cried terribly, I sat her down, and she licked her side. When I checked her ribs, I felt a dent, and I was horrified and ready to call the vet, but she made some movements, and when I tested again, the dent has disappeared.

I watched her closely, and she's acting and breathing normal. She's running, she's jumping, and she's using her scratching post, so I hope she's alright.

But what a bad meowmie I am!! I'm sure Lily is thinking the same now. Of course I apologized to her at least a dozen times... :( My poor girl!!! I never heard her screaming like this before! :(

Kirsten

moosmom
06-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Kirsten,

You're not a bad meowmie. You probably just squeezed a little too hard. Don't fee bad. I've stepped on my cats paws, tails, bellies, tripped over MooShoo COUNTLESS times as he decides to stretch while we're going down the stairs.

As long as she's running and playing, I think she'll be fine. Just give her some loving and treats. Cats are VERY forgiving.

Kirsten
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks! :)

Yes, she seems to do fine; right now, she's eating her dinner. :)

Of course I will still have an eye on her, just in case her pleura has been damaged, but I don't think so.

Kirsten

catmandu
06-16-2006, 03:23 PM
I Think Taht You Would Have To Be Very Strong To Squeeze A Cat,and Truly Hurt Them.
You Probably Made Lily Pull A Muscle, But Shes Fine Now.
She Forgives You, After All You Are Her Meowmie!!!

jazzcat
06-16-2006, 04:24 PM
It was an accident Kirsten, you are not a bad meowmie! I'm bet she will be just fine and forget all about it.

I'm sorry to hear you've hurt your back so badly. Get well soon!

rg_girlca
06-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh Kirsten, you are far from being a bad meowmie. Accidents happen my dear. Sometimes I have a tendacy to squeeze my babies a little too hard also and they cry out, but I don't think it is because I hurt them, I think it's because they are more annoyed by it. Maybe this is what happened with Lily also. I know how guilty you feel about it, as I land up apologizing to them too.

I am so sorry to hear that you have dislocated your back. Having back problems myself, I feel your pain. I pray that you feel better real soon.

Kirsten
06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone for cheering me up! :)

Lily is doing fine, and she's sweet and cuddly as usual, so she's not upset with me! :)

Regarding my back: This is the first time after my surgery (two years ago) that I have dislocated my back so bad. Hope this doesn't mean anything serious. :(

Kirsten

momcat
06-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh Kirsten, I understand how bad you feel about Lily. That's how I feel when I accidently step on Groucho. When it comes to being a Meowmie, you're world class! Lily knows how much you love her and that you'd never intentionally do anything to hurt her in any way. Since she still comes to you for snuggles and affection it's clear to see that all is forgiven. How terrible that you hurt your back again. My prayers are being prayed that you feel much better very soon and the problem is nothing serious. Please let us kow if there's anything we can do for you.

Kirsten
06-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks! :)

Well, my back is still bad, and I guess I need to see a doctor. If this is another disc hernia, I'm sure it will cost me my job.

Kirsten

catfamily
06-21-2006, 07:04 AM
We've all hurt our babies by accident.It happens.Glad she's fine.I'm sorry about your back.I've had 2 spinal fusions done on my lower back.One through the back(they cut) and one through the front(They cut).The one through the front worked(fused)but they cut all my organs up by mistake.I've had several surgeries since then to fix the bowels they messed up(cut through) and hernias they caused.Everything is A-Ok now.I was very scared for a while.
I hope your back gets better.Thank Goodness you don't need a fusion.(That's a brighter way of looking at it).I guess.
Back problems are the worst.It's your whole being.

ramanth
06-21-2006, 08:29 AM
I accidently kicked Logan in the head this morning. He shook it off and gave me this "WTF Mom!?!?" look. I felt bad but couldn't help but smile at his indignant attitude.

I was rushing around for work and he sauntered into my path.

You're not a bad meowmie at all! Hugs to you and Lily!

Catty1
06-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Kirsten - I hope your back checks out ok.

In the worst case - is there an income available for people who can't work or have to switch to another job?

HUGS

Catty1

Pawsitive Thinking
06-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Lily knows you would never hurt her on purpose silly Meowmie! Hope your back feels better soon