PDA

View Full Version : Dane Haven's first rescues!

lute
06-15-2006, 03:57 PM
the dane puppy that was going to be a "Prize" for a raffle on molucass's thread "This makes me mad." (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=106901) will be comming to Indiana with his sister to find forever homes. both pups are only 8 weeks old and were from a litter the lady had. she couldn't find homes for them and is going to give them both to Dane Haven.

i didn't think my first rescues would come this soon and would be PUPPIES! :D i'm still talking to the lady and don't know much about the pups.

PTers! these pups need volunteers to get them from Texas to southern Indiana! i havn't doen the transport yet, but if you are between TX and IN let me know if you'd like to help!

molucass deserves a specail thank you for posting about this raffle! if she hadn't started the thread who knows what would have happend to these pups!

Roxyluvsme13
06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
w00t!!! I wish I could help on Trans, but thank god you rescued them! :D

.sarah
06-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow, I missed that thread! Good for you Lexie for taking them!

For a transport, try the Petfinder message boards. There is also a Yahoo group called rescuetransport that obviously specializes in transports. I joined last week, it's really active so I think they could help you out!

I'd help if I were any where near where those pups are and have to go :p

dab_20
06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Yay! I'm sooo glad they won't be a 'prize'. They'll be tons better off with you... I'm sure you'll find them wonderful homes!

lute
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
For a transport, try the Petfinder message boards. There is also a Yahoo group called rescuetransport that obviously specializes in transports. I joined last week, it's really active so I think they could help you out!

those are normally the two sites i hit. that group is REALLY helpful!

Corinna
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Way to go Lexi !! wish I could help , don't forget Muggsy as a resource .

lute
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
oh yeah! mugsy! i'll have to try and get a hold of her.

buttercup132
06-15-2006, 04:28 PM
omg that make sme so mad, and another thingt that makes me mad is the fact that this would be a perfect way to get my Dane!!! GRRRRR my parents are meanies I wish I could have my Dane now!

Husky_mom
06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
i didn't think my first rescues would come this soon and would be PUPPIES! :D!

and besides all that.........DANES!!! is that a sign or what??!!

i wish i could help, hope you get a way to ge them to you soon........

Anita Cholaine
06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
These are great news, Lexi! :D It's awesome that you will be able to help those pups... What a great start for your rescue!

lute
06-15-2006, 04:53 PM
thanks everyone! i was saying i couldn't keep Cornfield because i couldn't handle two pups...it looks like i may have three pups are a while! :eek: hopefully the dane pups are healthy and can be adopted out quick. if not i may have to find a beagle rescue or other rescue to take Cornfield. i wouldn't be able to handle the vet bills of three pups with health problems.

Alysser
06-15-2006, 05:07 PM
OMG! That's awesome Lexie. Congratulations! That's just so cool that you were able to rescue them. :)

Riptide
06-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Good job in rescuing them!!

zoomer
06-15-2006, 08:36 PM
OMG that is AWWESOME!!!!!! YAYYYY! :D

Karen
06-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Where in Texas are they? That will make a big difference in setting up a transport, as Texas is a huuuuuge place!

WarahGirl1995
06-15-2006, 08:57 PM
wow first you get the job
then you rescue danes
that are puppies
WoW

lute
06-15-2006, 08:58 PM
this isn't my first rescue by any means!LOL it's the first rescue for my great dane rescue. :)

Karen,i'm still waiting on a reply on where exactly she is located, but i know she's in the south east part of the state.

Sevaede
06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Hooray! Good job! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
That is awesome news! When are you going to get the puppies? I am going to Houston, but not until the end of July, which might be too late?? Let me know. Good luck with everything!

lute
06-15-2006, 09:27 PM
That is awesome news! When are you going to get the puppies? I am going to Houston, but not until the end of July, which might be too late?? Let me know. Good luck with everything!
not sure exactly when i'm getting them, but hopefully sooner than later. i'm still waiting on a reply.