PDA

View Full Version : Please, good lucks needed from all around! **UPDATED**

Sevaede
06-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Today, my mom is having corrective surgery to fix the hianal (sp?) hernia that's causing nerve damage to her stomach. She's also getting gastic bypass surgery (yes, corrective as well). Both of those combined should help fix the problem of her throwing up all the time. This has been a problem for over three years.

The problem was, she was constantly puking and it has sent her to the ER numerous times. There was no pattern in any of it(Broccoli was fine one day and the next it sent her to the ER) and no medicine that would fix the problem.

She should be getting out of surgery relatively soon. I am expecting an update from my dad. I will update as soon I get more info!

Updated: Mom got out of surgery after going in an hour late and staying an hour longer than originally thought. In any case, she is doing well. She's kind of loopy and can't hold the phone for very long. She should be out of the hospital on Saturday and Sunday. The pooches and ferret should be uber glad to see her.

UPDATED again: Mom should be coming home tomorrow. She is still a bit loopy but nothing like she was the other day. It's a four hour drive from the Portland to Pendleton but said she doesn't know if she'll be able to sit up that long and they may have to stop in The Dalles (halfway) for the night. Willy, Trix, and Little Dog will be going home from the vet clinic on Monday. Hoorah! Oh, and she had some orange jell-o which she was extremely excited about for some reason. o_O

Karen
06-16-2006, 08:03 PM
How's she doing? All a success? When does she get to come home?

dionne
06-16-2006, 08:12 PM
tell "mom" i wish her EXTREMELY well, and i hope all went great in her surgery. also tell her to have fun with all the pain meds :p tho i know her, and i know she'll pull thru just fine. i can't wait to see her (AND YOU!!) in july!
:D
(you know who i am)

Karen
06-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh, good, glad it went well! I'm sure she'll be happy to be home, and to no longer be throwing up. Some of my food allergies make me throw up, this is a very recent development (one new that does this is sucralose) and I otherwise hadn't thrown up in years. Now I remember how much I dislike it!

Sevaede
06-16-2006, 08:18 PM
How's she doing? All a success? When does she get to come home?

Yep. She's doing quite well! She got to have some jell-o and diluted apple juice today. They offered her some chicken brother but she didn't want it because it was too hot and would, in turn, make her too hot.

She is on some pretty good pain killers, I guess. She has to have some Benadryl shots to counter act the itchiness that the painkillers give her.

I talked to her for a few minutes. I couldn't understand what a lot of what she said was due to the loopiness. :D

Sevaede
06-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh, good, glad it went well! I'm sure she'll be happy to be home, and to no longer be throwing up. Some of my food allergies make me throw up, this is a very recent development (one new that does this is sucralose) and I otherwise hadn't thrown up in years. Now I remember how much I dislike it!

Thank you very much! :)

Oh, poo! =/ I'm sorry that you're having to go something that is so thoroughly unpleasant. Are you allergies quite extensive?

They tested her for something like 200 allergies as she did have *some*. She said she was going to kick herself if she was allergic to her companions. Wouldn't you know it, the only things she showed a reaction to were the dog and cat samples! She's also allergic to her ferret. We both agreed we'd rather suffer through allergies (even though they're not that bad) than not have our companions! We are all so very glad that this puking is over with.

Sevaede
06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
tell "mom" i wish her EXTREMELY well, and i hope all went great in her surgery. also tell her to have fun with all the pain meds :p tho i know her, and i know she'll pull thru just fine. i can't wait to see her (AND YOU!!) in july!
:D
(you know who i am)

Hot w00tage! :D I'll be sending her this link so she can see the well wishes. Thank you. :D

We're excited to see you too! :D:D