PDA

View Full Version : Bossy Katie, Playful Katie...A couple of videos.

RobiLee
06-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Felt like posting a couple of videos that I thought were cute. Katie is usually a very quiet girl, especially when she and Tori are playing. In the first video Katie is being very bossy and she is making sure that Tori leaves her toy alone. All the dog noises are made by Katie. This is rare because usually Tori is making all her husky noises.

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/110205/20060611/133406.jpg (http://www.dropshots.com/videolink.php?userid=110205&cdate=20060611&ctime=133406&showVideo=1)

In the next video Katie is being very playful and puppyish. She actually initiated the play. Tori was sleeping and Katie went over and started pawing at her, then she flops down and lets Tori pounce and chew all over her. All dog noises in this video are made by Tori.

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/110205/20060611/133704.jpg (http://www.dropshots.com/videolink.php?userid=110205&cdate=20060611&ctime=133704&showVideo=1)

I love watching these two dogs play and am always amazed at how well they get along.

P.S...Just ignore hubby in the background. He had just woke up and is not looking his best ;).

4 Dog Mother
06-15-2006, 08:26 AM
What cute videos! Katie you can be one noisy puppy, can't you? Tori and you are sure having a good time playing in the second one!

Isn't it great when your dogs get along and play well together?

finn's mom
06-15-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm not downloading anything on David's computer, yet, as he's already having some problems...so, I can't view the videos, but, they certainly sound fun! ;)

anna_66
06-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Robin you know I always enjoying watching your girls play:D

It looks to me as if Katie says "We'll play, but only WHEN and IF I want to";):D

Loved the videos!

shais_mom
06-15-2006, 11:12 AM
very cute! :)
I love it when Katie's personality shines thru.

caseysmom
06-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Your girls look like they were having a lot of fun. Love to watch those pretty girls.

Jadapit
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Sounds like my house, very vocal. ;) Those were great videos, those two really are the best of friends aren't they? Have they ever gotten into a fight?

Ginger's Mom
06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
I just love your Katie. She is a very pretty girl, with the sweetest face, and is soooo good to her sister, Tori. Yeah, I love watching your two play. :D I was pretty amused too, to see that everytime Katie barked Tori hit the floor. They are such good sisters.

gemini9961
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Have they ever gotten into a fight?

That was my question as well. Females can get a little nasty sometimes, just wondering if they have ever really gotten into it?

Great videos, it is very nice to seem them playing. Goodness, wouldn't want to get in the way of them playing, they might knock you over. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
06-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Very cute! They are so big, I bet they take up most of your living room! :D Both me and the dogs enjoyed these- especially the first one. Marta was outside, but she barked to come inside and trotted in looking for the new dog in her house when she heard Katie talking. :p

pitc9
06-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Robin, it's so funny... watching the 2nd video was like watching my own pups!
They chomp on each others necks... legs... pin each other down JUST like your girls! Don't you just love watching them play and having fun? Always brings a smile to the face!!!

Please give the girls a smooch on the noses from me!

Kfamr
06-17-2006, 11:22 AM
I can't believe I've missed this thread!

I love those two girls of your's, Robin! They are so much fun to watch. :D

RobiLee
06-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey, thanks everyone! I appreciate the replies.

Katie and Tori are indeed the best of buddies. It amazes me how well they get along. They have never gotten into a fight. They are two peas in a pod and seem to know each other little quirks pretty well. If Katie says NO Tori knows she means it..lol..and yes, she usually lays on the ground when she is warned. Sometimes I think the rough playing can go to far and I always holler out a "HEY" and they stop. Alden says they aren't fighting but I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into that. There has never been any fighting over food or treats either. Tori is even known to take the treats away from Katie, of course if Katie really wants it she gets it right back. When Tori was a puppy they ate out of the same bowl for a short time, but then Katie started guarding the food and Tori wouldn't eat unless Katie let her. No growling or barking or anything like that. Katie would just stand there and Tori was smart enough not to try I guess. Tori got her own bowl and that was solved. They drink together out of the same water bowl all the time though. My two girls amaze me and I love watching them together.

Thanks again, everyone!
:) :D :)

wolf_Q
06-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Aw there's two of my favorite girls!! I love the videos, the last one reminded me of Sydney and Nebo playing.

cyber-sibes
06-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Robin, your girls are so cute! Katie is so good with Tori, I love all the little high-pitch yips she did over her toy. Watching Katie & Tori play reminds me of how Star used to play with Rosie. Your video put a big smile :D on my face! Give your girls a hug from me!

dukedogsmom
06-17-2006, 09:59 PM
All I could do is watch them, which was still great! Sound on my computer at work isn't working :( It was good seeing them and I'll have to check these out at home so I can enjoy Katie's "talking". I love that Husky talk.