PDA

View Full Version : Uppity date on my wrist (if interested)

K9karen
06-14-2006, 11:13 PM
it'll be a summer of still wearing my attractive splints. One side looks healed (radius-thumb side) but the pinky finger side (ulna) is destroyed. Eventually I'll have all 9 pins taken out and either have a bone graft (to replace 3/4 inch missing bone), metal plates or maybe leave it be, depending on the pain (almost constant) The doc was nice enough to let me make my decision after the summer cause I'd be roasting in another huge cast. Physical therapy to strengthen my fingers prior to more surgery is going well. I can't make a fist or bend my fingers yet, but the improvement is awesome. Long road ahead. More court hearings (township-animal control) since the dogs' owner keeps asking for a continuance. Caught him off guard with my 9 witnesses. He has to be physically outside with the dogs when they go out. Shame to live in fear.

gemini9961
06-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Glad to hear you are coming along as well as can be expected. I'm sure nurse Klo is doing a fine job as long as she gets her Rrrr Rrr's, right? :D

Corinna
06-14-2006, 11:26 PM
glad to hear update sorry it's not better news . thinking of you.

Karen
06-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Document everything, every doctor's visit, therpist visit, pain, suffering, etc. That man should not be allowed to own those dogs, and should pay compensation for the very real suffering and permanent damage which has been caused you.

K9karen
06-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Glad to hear you are coming along as well as can be expected. I'm sure nurse Klo is doing a fine job as long as she gets her Rrrr Rrr's, right? :D

Absolutely! I ran out of Rrr's the other day and replaced them with "K's" (special K)...you know, for a thinner waistline! Just a temporary fix! BTW, she still LOVES her beaten up "vet"-nobody can go near it. I still wear the slippers and use my mug every day!
Sweet thing killed 2 groundhogs in one day and ripped the shreds out of something else, and dropped them at my feet in pride. She's making up for not protecting me from the attack dogs, but i'm glad she didn't get involved.

shais_mom
06-15-2006, 12:01 AM
hugs still sent to you Karen!

RobiLee
06-15-2006, 12:07 AM
I was just thinking about you this morning. I'm so glad you posted an update for us. I wish there was something I could do to help out. Sounds like such a long and painful ordeal. I always keep you in my thoughts. You hang in there! Keep up the great work with the physical therapy and don't let the legal stuff get you down. Just keep up the good fight!

Wishing you all the best!

{{{HUGS}}}

:) :) :)

jenluckenbach
06-15-2006, 05:06 AM
Glad to hear from you. I sure wish the news was better, but SOME improvement is better than no improvement. Keep upi the good work, you'll beat this.

pitc9
06-15-2006, 07:21 AM
{Hugs} to you......

finn's mom
06-15-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm glad something is being done about the owner, although I don't know that it's enough. It's more than happens to a lot of others, though. Look at you. ;) Nine witnesses, you go girl. Sounds like you have a great doctor, can't wait to hear that you're able to make a fist again! Then you can go and shake it at the guy who owns those dogs. Get better faster! ;) I'm thinking of you.

catnapper
06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
I was wondering how you were doing! It sounds awful, but I know you'll do the physical therapy and get that hand working again!

Please keep us updated on the court hearings as you get more info.

anna_66
06-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Karen thanks for the update.

I know how painful it still must be, still reminds me of my mom. But as I said before, have faith. Mom's arm and hand still gives her pain needless to say but she is able to use it, It's just not as strong as it used to be. I'm hoping the same for you.

I agree with Karen, this man should have to pay for all this pain and suffering you are going through.

Glad to hear that Klo is showing you how much she loves you:D:p

Lots of hugs to you and your sweet girl!

Pam
06-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Karen, I almost missed this and I am so glad I came back to PT for one more glance before leaving today. First of all, Bella is quite impressed and in awe of Klo's groundhog hunting skills. :cool: You are right! Better that she didn't get involved when the dogs were attacking. :eek: You have a long road ahead of you I am afraid, but I hope at the end of it there will be justice for you and a complete healing of your hand/wrist. You are always in my thoughts friend! Please keep everyone here updated as you have been doing. :)

ramanth
06-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Always thinking of you!! I wish you lots of love and luck with the surgerys and physical therapy.

*HUGS*

Rachel
06-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Document everything, every doctor's visit, therpist visit, pain, suffering, etc. That man should not be allowed to own those dogs, and should pay compensation for the very real suffering and permanent damage which has been caused you.

Karen, Ms. Karen's advice is critical. I can't emphasize this enough. WRITE IT DOWN! Everything and don't wait because you surely will forget over time and don't forget to take pictures too. This isn't something you can just rely on your lawyer to handle. Consider yourself his partner in this matter.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Of course we're interested - you're family after all!

Cataholic
06-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Karen, Ms. Karen's advice is critical. I can't emphasize this enough. WRITE IT DOWN! Everything and don't wait because you surely will forget over time and don't forget to take pictures too. This isn't something you can just rely on your lawyer to handle. Consider yourself his partner in this matter.

Quite good advice. I have clients that take photographs of the injury at the time the injury took place, which is great. BUT, the slow process, still wearing the splint, you at functions with it on, THAT is telling, also. I would take weekly photos...just in case they are needed. BUT, I also wonder what sort of insurance the guy has, too. Was he the owner? Was he renting? I am sure your attorney is thinking all these thoughts as well. ;)

lizbud
06-15-2006, 09:17 AM
It's good to hear from you again Karen. I'm glad you are seeing some progress in the healing process, although it is slow.It will just take time.
You've gotten some good advice here & all I can say is to just hang in
there with the legal process.Sounds like they want to drag this on & on
to wear you down.Prayers for a complete recovery. :)

Jadapit
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
I cant begin to imagine how traumatizing that must have been for you! I read in another thread that you were having nightmares about the attack. Are those getting any better? I'm so glad things are improving for you. How is the little pittie doing that you saved? You are such a HERO in my eyes for saving that pup. You are a wonderful, brave woman that’s for sure. :D

gini
06-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Karen, it is good to get an update on how you are doing.

You are getting great advice from Karen - document everything. Sounds as though they are hoping that with time you will forget your pain and suffering.
I would shove a scrapebook full of pictures at them - with dates for every day of suffering you have endured.

The book (not your scrapbook) needs to be thrown at this guy - and no legal wrangling should cloud all the real suffering that you have had.

It amazes me how some people just don't get it - and a good clunk on their head and a whollop at their wallet ought to set them straight.

K9karen
06-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I cant begin to imagine how traumatizing that must have been for you! I read in another thread that you were having nightmares about the attack. Are those getting any better? I'm so glad things are improving for you. How is the little pittie doing that you saved? You are such a HERO in my eyes for saving that pup. You are a wonderful, brave woman that’s for sure. :D

The little pittie is getting big! He's happy and healthy and his heine bite healed quickly. His owners are still training him and he does great until I come over and then he screams in delight, doesn't obey a single command, flops over on his back for my rubs, licks me thoroughly, humps me already, tries to jump on my lap. His blue eyes are irrisistable. Boots comes over and plays with Logan. He's powerful and clutzy. But Klo has told him his boundaries.
Still have occassional nighmares, always being chased or cornered.
Yes, I have every record from the hospital, doctors etc. I even signed papers to have the surgeon's office send me immediate copies of each visit. I have to pay up front. any outstanding/uncovered medical bill and pray I recover it.
My lawyer is already litigating with his insurance company, but I still can wind up with zilch. Which, in my eyes, makes me a victim twice. I'm an optimist but I know my damaged body and I seriously doubt I will ever be able to have full hand/wrist function again.Plus I reinjured my back where the hip was grafted (doc said a contusion which will heal in time and not to body slam doors anymore :rolleyes: )
I'm such a wreck I had to get fitted for a mouth guard due to TMJ agony and I will submit the bill to the lawyer,as well as my 1st time houekeeper bill. My mom will have died one year June 18 and honestly, I was just improving emotionally. If she was still alive, this accident would have killed her. so I'm grateful she only sees me from above.
I love you guys, Sorry to ramble. I just had an off day in general.

shais_mom
06-16-2006, 01:11 AM
still sending lots of love and hugs and prayers your way Karen!

captain
06-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Karen,
You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope everything goes YOUR way .....

{{{hugs}}}}
Michelle

Daisy and Delilah
06-16-2006, 06:08 AM
You're such a brave lady. Your story gives us all courage to be stronger. My heart still breaks for you when I hear what a long hard battle this has been for you. I hope and pray that this all turns out the way it should and justice is served all the way around. Have you considered writing a book about this compelling series of events? Take care. (((HUGS)))

joycenalex
06-16-2006, 06:35 AM
karen, i'm glad you posted this. i'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry you've had to endure this whole horror. :(

It sounds like things are moving along, however slowly. I love your description of the little guy you saved, how he's usually well behaved until you show up. That is just too sweet. :D

{{{hugs}}} to you, and hang in there. :)

BOBS DAD
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
WOW! I didn't know about all of this... sounds like you are going through a real ordeal. Good luck.

Reminds me of that case a few years back in CA or OR where the dog mauls and kills an apartment dweller (neighbor). The owners looked crazy (or at least our press depicted them that way)... like they didn't even care. Or they didn't even feel sorry for the family or her partner... maybe just the way it was presented in the news. ANYONE REMEMBER THAT CASE???

Jadapit
06-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Boots, sounds like your typical pittie, a big old loveable goofball. Ebony does that woooo wooooo scream when people come to our house. She is something else. ;) I truly am sorry for all you've had to endure you will be in my thoughts and prayers daily....

Bob, I think you are talking about the mauling that happened in CA. The couple owned two Presa's. I saw a show about the whole thing on the Discovery channel. Those dogs had been trained to be super, aggressive the couple had NO businnes owning them. It was a sad story that's for sure. :(