PDA

View Full Version : Don't push, don't shove, Thursday 164 is open!!

gini
06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh just look at this place. Nobody cleaned from last week - and it's my luck to open the doors. Phew - rotten cherries and pits all over the place. Mario, get over here and do your share! No no, don't give me that "who me" look!

I am just going to sit on this bar stool and have a bit of Bailey's over ice until someone else stops by.

Humming......Thursday 164 - open the door - Thursday 164 what's it for?

Cinder & Smoke
06-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh just look at this place. :eek:
Nobody cleaned from last week -

Just like the Fire Station!
First one in always feels obligated to grab the broom and start
cleaning up the Mess the Last Gang left! :p

OR - Maybe we should Hop da Bus and ride over to Sara's Howze -
figure out WHERE The Girls are! :confused:

gini
06-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I think those gurls are havin too much PHUN!

Besides at almost nine here - I REALLY REALLY don't want to clean this place.
It will look far more disgusting in full daylight - but at least you can see what you are cleaning. :D

captain
06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Give me that broom, gini ................ I will clean up this time.

Can I sit with you, and have a Baileys too?

Corinna
06-14-2006, 11:12 PM
I'll start in the kitchen sheezzes so many glasses. I think I'll have a DLC need to stay sober may have to be substute coach in grandbabies delivery. Due date Sunday .

davidpizzica
06-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Now that I can see, WHAT HAPPEHED HERE? Let me grab a broom and a dustpan and get to work! Cherry pits EVERYWHERE! MARIO! Quit hiding the brooms.

Killearn Kitties
06-15-2006, 04:14 AM
I think I'll have a DLC need to stay sober may have to be substute coach in grandbabies delivery. Due date Sunday.
Good thinking Corinna. There was a story on the news here a couple of nights ago about an expectant mother who didn't quite make it to the hospital and ended up giving birth in the car. Unfortunately the cord was wound round the baby's neck and he/she wasn't breathing. The woman's friend, who was in the car with her, knew exactly what to do because she was a huge fan of shows like "Casualty" and "ER". So the baby was fine! Wan't that fantastic?

Can you believe, David, that people were in here last night and didn't clear up? What say we just leave it and take Phred up on his offer to drive to California? Have you got the map, Phred? Let's go!

Edwina's Secretary
06-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Are there any toothpicks in here? Help me to open my eyes.....

San Diego Zoo, Laguna Beach (let me suggest you SKIP the art museum...) San Juan Capistrano, San Diego Wildlife Park....maybe I need those toothpicks for my legs....

Okay....I'll have a hair of the dog that bit me please....

Barbara
06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
What do I hear? Dog hair?
I only saw cat hair around. Siegmar is becoming one of Eddie's friends but whether the honorable Lady E approves of the visitors is still an open question.

California is very Californian these days with more sun than we ever have seen in Munich this year, surfers on the beaches and purple jacarandas :)

Sara and Don are the best and every day is Thursday ;)

Killearn Kitties
06-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Well hello Ladies! Nice to see you could drop by. You have clearly been enjoying yourselves way too much!

gini
06-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey - there they are, Phred! It just must be the sunshine. I have to admit, that the weather is putting on one fine splashy show for Barbara. It can be obnoxiously sunny here.

Thanks to those who cleaned up the bar - Corinna - here, let me dry those glasses. David - Captain - you did wonders with that broom once you get it away from Mario who insists on riding it around the bar.

KK - I think we are just jealous - we have to work - and they are at the beach seeing the sights.

Toothpicks, Sara, I understand - here, we always have a lot of those - there are supposed to be olives at the end of them - but - well - Mario - you know!

davidpizzica
06-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey - there they are, Phred! It just must be the sunshine. I have to admit, that the weather is putting on one fine splashy show for Barbara. It can be obnoxiously sunny here.

Thanks to those who cleaned up the bar - Corinna - here, let me dry those glasses. David - Captain - you did wonders with that broom once you get it away from Mario who insists on riding it around the bar.

KK - I think we are just jealous - we have to work - and they are at the beach seeing the sights.

Toothpicks, Sara, I understand - here, we always have a lot of those - there are supposed to be olives at the end of them - but - well - Mario - you know!
I just went back and drew on my experience as a kitchen clean up person!

Lady's Human
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Well, if this was a real bar, I'd be buying a round for the house. I get to go home this weekend!

Finally leaving OK after 6 weeks in hades.

Lady, take it easy on me when I walk in, you don't want to wake up the human puppies!

RedHedd
06-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Well good morning everyone. Us California peeps in the San Francisco Bay Area woke up this morning having our coffee shaken, not stirred, by a 4.7 earthquake. I only heard about it. I was working out at the time and didn't feel the earth move while doing my 200 abdominal crunches.

A cuppa something soothing is in order. :cool:

Logan
06-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I think Connie is lost..........someone needs to go find her!! ;) I tried to give her directions. We'll see if it worked.

Come on Connie, hurry up!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Well, here you all are!!!

I looked and looked for you ! Stop moving the bar!!! :D

Guess I don't need any thing to drink today. I do have a headache so think I may need a nap. :eek:

Dr appointment AGAIN tomorrow!!! YUCKY!!! :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Whew! Glad I found you guys! I saw MOFF at the place down the street and got confuzzled there for a minute...easy to do these days. ;) :rolleyes: :D

I'll have whatever everybody else is having. It's been quite the stressful week and I need to kick back and relax a bit. I see somebody put a volleyball court up in the back yard. Too hot for me to partake, but I'll be happy to keep score. I'll sit here under my umbrella, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it. Now if we can get Orc to grab a palm frond and start fanning me with it, I'll be set for the afternoon! :D

Corinna
06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Just got home from a very wet picnic. Our annual disabled fishing trip. First time in 13 years the boats didn't go out. We had plenty of food. Just cold and wet but we all had fun any way. one of the local tv news guys came so it was fun seeing him interact with out fisherpeople. How a bout a nice hot cocoa and a tiny bit of pepermint snapps in it please.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Corinna, sorry you got rained out today. I remember your pics of past years' outings and it always looked like lots of fun. At least there was lots of food. Lots of good food always seems to be a good thing when things turn rainy. ;) :D

Sorry that was so long. I meant to come here and post a nice short reply about how cute Mario is. Just because I know ALL my posts are appreciated here. ;) :D

Anybody find Orc, I'm getting kinda sweaty here under my umbrella. If he doesn't show up soon I might just have to seek the comforts of the good ol' AC so my drink doesn't melt quite so fast. ;)

davidpizzica
06-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Debbie, I found Orc's remote buied under a huge pile of cherry pits! I'll make an expedition into the L & F to see if I can find him!

gini
06-16-2006, 12:04 AM
What???? You found Connie at the bar up the street? What was she doing in there? Hey Connie - anything better going on in there than here? Deb's
going to keep score over a game of volleyball - please join us.

Boy, I pop in first thing in the morning and it has taken me all day to find the time to get back here for a night cap.

Good for Lady's Human - I can just imagine that he is more than ready to go home. We have missed LOH too!

David, you drew on your experience as a kitchen crew person? Were you paid to do that? I'm the kitchen crew person at my house - and nobody pays me - I just do it. :D

My house has been in an uproar for so many months that even little strides make me thrilled. Today the painter patched and plastered all of the holes in the walls that the electricians made - you know - every room has electricity - what a concept - so each room got its share of holes. Brought the old 1913 house right into 2006!!!
Tomorrow they paint them all. Yippee!

I think I will just have a regular old iced tea with one teaspoon of sugar and some lemon - tall. I know - that's boring - but there are just days like this.

See you all tomorrow!

MomOf7
06-16-2006, 01:08 AM
lol what is this thread for? It looks like fun...Im just not getting it :)

RICHARD
06-16-2006, 01:25 AM
lol what is this thread for? It looks like fun...Im just not getting it :)

This is a cyber bar. ;)

It's a place where we all leave our trouble behind and just have a great time.

I think you can go back and look at some of the past threads and see what this is all about.

It's a great place filled with great people and great things happen here!

We serve a 'drink of the day' and every Thursday has a different theme...

Welcome and have a seat. :)

DONE!

=====================

Hey ya'll!

I have some wonderful news....I may just be able to keep my job!
:eek:

I'll post later on about what has transpired... :D

Corinna
06-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Good morning All just getting ready for work. hoping daughter will call so i can leave to help deliver new grand baby.
Happy birthday to furrykidsmom
Congrats on keeping job Richard. can't wait to hear about it.

Lady's Human
06-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Momof7,

the one thing Richard forgot is that the price of entry is a clean (okay, somewhat soiled passes in here as well, but nothing really raunchy) joke.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
'morning everyone!

Gini, is all this work still a result of your flood last year? :eek:

Momof7 - how do we explain? The other thing Richard forgot is all attitudes are checked at the door. Clean joke, no attitude, just a lot of silliness, fun and caring.

Now.....about breakfast. My diet's been going pretty good lately, so I think I'll stick with fruit and yogurt...made the yummy Randi way. ;) Coffee with some of Slick's Baileys would go good also.

By the way.....I'm assuming Bailey's is called Baileys because Mr. Bailey invented it and he created a company that now mass produces it. However, if Slick takes his recipe and modifies it - even just a tinge - then starts producing her own, shouldn't it be called Slicks instead of Baileys?

ok, ok, way too much thinking for being so early in the morning..... :rolleyes:

I've got 3 more interviews today, so I'll be a little scarce, again. :(

gini
06-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone! I will put on a pot of coffee - make some hot chocolate - and see if we can't get Laurie to make some crab cakes for breakfast.

Momof7 - you are one brave lass............. ;) Richard said it best - this is a cyber bar - where you try drinks you might never dream of touching in real life - and eat junk food your Dr. would groan over. But you have to tell that joke to be fully initiated. Just hang around and read the fun - and then jump in when you feel comfortable.

You are soon going to be asking who is Mario. Mario is a real monkey in real life and belongs to Tray (Willie). When we met Mario we immediately adopted him and he is our bar mascot. He gets into lots of trouble all of the time - swings from the ceiling fans - swipes our clothing and puts it up in the rafters. But the secret to Mario is simply cherries - any kind and he is your buddy for life. Why don't you bring your children over to meet him?

Slick - we are out of Baileys!!!! Where are you?

Lady's Human
06-16-2006, 09:59 AM
In Slick's absence.......(thump) Heres a case of Bailey's. That should at least get us through today.

Did someone mention Crabcakes? PLEASE! I Need some real seafood. OK is not exactly the culinary mecca of the US. (If it isn't steak of catfish, I wouldn't advise it. I went to Olive Garden and got better seafood there than at one of the local "seafood" restaurants)

Being that I'm heading out this afternoon, I'll have a bailey's or two here, I don't think real alcohol and a 1400 mile drive go together very well.

Edwina's Secretary
06-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I went to Olive Garden and got better seafood there than at one of the local "seafood" restaurants)

Reminds me of the time we were in Sioux Falls South Dakota. Ask the desk clerk if he knew of any good Italian restaurants....he thought and thought and then struggled to remember the name of a really good one that had just opened....Olive Garden! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

moosmom
06-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Gimme a double Raspberry Vodka Martini and make it quick!! Just the thought of having to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to have my left appendage squished between 2 pieces of metal makes me want to drink heavily (cyberly, of course).

lbaker
06-16-2006, 11:35 AM
*waves hands* HI EVERYONE! Sorry I'm late. Have you any idea how many crabs you have to pick to get enough crab meat for this group :eek: I'm not talking about claw meat or flake, that's OK for crab dip or stuffed shrimp but for Chesapeake Crab Cakes only jumbo lump backfin will do. That's a lot of crab ~ ennyhoo, all shaped up and setting properly. Should be ready to cook shortly :cool: How about an ice cold beer while I sit for a spell. whew.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2006, 12:00 PM
What???? You found Connie at the bar up the street? What was she doing in there? Hey Connie - anything better going on in there than here? Deb's
going to keep score over a game of volleyball - please join us.
Believe it or not, I had wondered into Mario's playhouse!!!
Do you know he has it fixed up to look just like the bar? And since he was there, well, I just thought I was here instead of there!!! :eek:

Need a tall cherry root beer here. Just got back from the doctor's office.
Next visit: two weeks from now. He was pleased with my blood pressure, never mind I'm dying from all the medicine. :p :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Believe it or not, I had wondered into Mario's playhouse!!!
Do you know he has it fixed up to look just like the bar? And since he was there, well, I just thought I was here instead of there!!! :eek:

Gosh, look at em run!!! Everyone's on the way to check out Mario's playhouse!!!! :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Wow! Mario has a playhouse? :eek: :eek: I knew it looked like a cool place (not near as cool as Thursdays mind you), but I had no idea it was Mario's place!

I'm about ready to leave work, so bring on the slushies! :D

Oh, and since I was so rudely reminded of my post count ;) - this is number 13,000. I thought it most appropriate that it be in Thursdays since I didn't have any new pics of P & CJ to post. Drinks are on me everyone! :D

RedHedd
06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Oh, and since I was so rudely reminded of my post count ;) - this is number 13,000. I thought it most appropriate that it be in Thursdays since I didn't have any new pics of P & CJ to post. Drinks are on me everyone! :D
Congratulations! I'll drink to that! Here's to at least 13,000 more! :D

lbaker
06-16-2006, 06:07 PM
You "be funny" T&P :D Post counts indeed :rolleyes: * I read it and of course, as usually, you hit the mark * NO, NOT THAT MARK!! :D This drink is on Debbie, NO MARIO... that's only an expression :eek: Watch out Catland!!

slick
06-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone. I'm sorry I've been AWOL. W-O-R-K was nothing short of nasty this week...very, very nasty. But that's all behind me now and all I want to do is sit down with some good friends and share some "phun" times.

Momof7, welcome to Thursdays. We start on one path only to divert to another and we get very silly in between. Just go with the flow and you'll be alright.

Speaking of Flo, there was a restaurant up here called Flo's and Jo's and when I was in my early twenties my friends and I spent many hours there after the pub. Nothing like filling your belly full of beer then going to get a huge cheeseburger and gobs of fries on the side. **shudders** I couldn't do that now.

Come sit beside me Mario and tell me about your day.

Corinna
06-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Cograts to Catnappers Ashley and her new arrival.
Looking like our turn will this weekend,daughters doc says this weekend due date Sunday and shes starting to dialte so I may not be around much but will let you all know they have internet at hospital. Cheers to all

gini
06-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Just popping in for a late night cap.

Yes. babies lots of them showing up around here. Corinna we will be anxious to hear your news as well.

Mario, come on over here and let me snuggle with you a little bit. Hmmm,
you look as though you have been into some trouble. Now what's this about you setting up your own bar? No wonder stuff around here has gone missing. What a fun and wonderful silly boy you are.

davidpizzica
06-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Cr e a k! I swear this door gets heavier every day. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee and get the broom going. How 'bout some pancakes to start?

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Good for Lady's Human - I can just imagine that he is more than ready to go home. We have missed LOH too!

Thanks, Gini, I've missed you guys too. :)

davidpizzica
06-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Gini, I've missed you guys too. :)
Hurry back, LH!! I can use someone else who can operate Orc's remote (and to find it!!)! You're missed at Thursdays.

RICHARD
06-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Two more weeks and I go on vacation! let's rock!

Has Dick left a message with anyone? :confused:

T&P,
Official celebration this week!