PDA

View Full Version : This makes me mad.

molucass
06-14-2006, 08:20 PM
I was browsing the local on-line classifieds like I always do, and someone is offering puppies up as the "prize" for a raffle. From the way I have seen a lot of people take care of their animals in this area, I would never do something like that..
What if the person that wins is completely imcompetent to even own an animal??

Great danes are not a dog you just want to get on a whim.... The poor thing will probably be taken to the shelter once the person gets "tired" of it.

I just couldn't believe I was actually reading it right when I saw that what they were offering as the "prize".

Here is the ad.
ad (http://southeasttexas.com/classifieds/detail.cfm?id=113065&classified_code=dogs&zipcode=&distance=0)

animal_rescue
06-14-2006, 08:38 PM
I e-mailed them. That really angers me! :mad:

lute
06-14-2006, 09:37 PM
i e-mailed them too! this is rediculous! :mad: i can't believe anyone would do such a thing! like they are an "item"! i'm so fricken pissed! maybe if enough of us send them e-mails they will stop the raffle.

*murmers under breath*i'd like to give these people a piece of my mind. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sevaede
06-14-2006, 10:05 PM
I've emailed them, as well. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-14-2006, 11:01 PM
That's terrible :(. I dunno what to say in an email, and when I get mad my feelings sometimes get out of hand.

lute
06-15-2006, 12:34 AM
just write what you think should be said! we need as many e-mails as possible!

molucass
06-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Did anyone get a response to their email yet?

dab_20
06-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I emailed them also. How stupid of some people! :mad: :mad:

shihtzulover850
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM
uh that is so dumb!!! i wish i could win the dachsund!!! :mad: :eek: At least I could give it a better home than some of them will. :mad: :eek:

zoomer
06-15-2006, 10:47 AM
How dumb and idiotic those people are! UGH! :mad: I think I will email them too, but what should I say?

Dorothy39
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
uh that is so dumb!!! i wish i could win the dachsund!!! :mad: :eek: At least I could give it a better home than some of them will. :mad: :eek:
Yeah, ditto me me.

Take a time out to consider the positive side on this.

Yes, I know I might be in fantasy land , but, maybe this Ad was placed to attract people who genuinely want a Great Dane, or , a Dash-Hound. People who want one or the other, but, can't afford the luxury.

Hopefully, the area is not full of people who might want to make an extra buck , like, selling the dog if they win it. :( .

Now, if this Ad were posted in my area, I would definately buy a ticket.

I sure do hope those dogs are going to get a good home. I sense your concerns.

Dorothy39
06-15-2006, 11:54 AM
How dumb and idiotic those people are! UGH! :mad: I think I will email them too, but what should I say?
If I were to take the time to respond to this Ad in Question, I might ask this Organization what they did in terms of a Survey in that area.

A Dog raffle is something quite new to me. Crazy!!!!

However,

I tend to keep an open mind at all times, so, with that being said, if such an Ad irritated me, I might respond with an e-mail questioning their integrity.

a Great Dane , especially, requires an owner who understands the breed.

ditto for the Dash hound.

I hope they conducted a survey before they decided to go ahead with this "raffle", that's all I can say about that. They, ( those who placed the Ad) must be held accountable for the dogs' welfare.

I do feel this Ad is below the belt in that respect. I understand your concern for these two dogs. It is the principle involved. It is raffling off a life!!!! :(

Alysser
06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I want to e-mail them to but will they be able to track my IP address or anything?

pitc9
06-15-2006, 12:10 PM
I want to e-mail them to but will they be able to track my IP address or anything?

Yeah, they'll be able to see your e-mail address. If you don't want to hear what they have to say just block them from your e-mail.

I sent my e-mail and sent the link to all of my friends to send e-mails too.

Dorothy39
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm certain of it. Everything posted on this site can be traced.

Take time out and think of what you will say. Keep calm when sending an e-mail when you are irritated. , confused, concerned.

You might be wondering, Is this raffle in the same catagory with "Pit Bull" dog fights? :mad: Get where I am coming from?

Find out, from this organization, what their objective really is. Money? Attracting people who love Great Danes and Dash-Hounds, ?? What is the pay off for THEM??? and for the dogs!!!! If they don't respond, :eek:
Does this Organization stand on sound principles. ?
What a mysterious Ad indeed.

lute
06-15-2006, 01:33 PM
i got a reply from the person doing the raffle. this is what they said...

"thanks for the attention that you have brought me i never relized that when i deccided to make this raffle . but people like u have brought this to my attention and i have deleted this raffle and will not hold it . i never thought i all the things that people have told me and there right, so this raffle is no long beigh held thanks again."

YAY! thanks to everyone that contacted this person! we made a difference in 2 dogs' lives! :D

pitc9
06-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Yep, that's the exact e-mail my friend got too!

thanks for the attention that you have brought me i never relized that when i deccided to make this raffle . but people like u have brought this to my attention and i have deleted this raffle and will not hold it . i never thought i all the things that people have told me and there right, so this raffle is no long beigh held thanks again.

Along with the same spelling mistakes also..... copy and paste huh?? :D

molucass
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
They posted a new ad now.

new ad (http://southeasttexas.com/classifieds/detail.cfm?id=113375&classified_code=dogs&zipcode=&distance=0)

lute
06-15-2006, 01:46 PM
They posted a new ad now.

new ad (http://southeasttexas.com/classifieds/detail.cfm?id=113375&classified_code=dogs&zipcode=&distance=0)

i'm glad they actually stopped the raffle and didn't just say they did.

Sevaede
06-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I've gotten the same email back from them. :)

thanks for the attention that you have brought me i never relized that when i deccided to make this raffle . but people like u have brought this to my attention and i have deleted this raffle and will not hold it . i never thought i all the things that people have told me and there right, so this raffle is no long beigh held thanks again.

Um, what's a Dash-hound? ;)

lute
06-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Um, what's a Dash-hound? ;)

it's actually Dachshund. it's a weiner dog.LOL

molucass
06-17-2006, 12:53 AM
ad (http://southeasttexas.com/classifieds/detail.cfm?id=113370&classified_code=dogs&zipcode=&distance=0)

The person re-posted the raffle. She did add at the bottom that a background check, and suitable living facilities was required...

But I honestly still don't think this raffle should be allowed to be held.. :(