PDA

View Full Version : Wild Life needs a spot.

Argranade
06-14-2006, 06:35 PM
There should be a section on this site for people who find birds and animals that have been injured,hungrey,very young ect...

I was just thinking this because many ppl on this site im shur have stumbled across an animal or bird that may have needed help but thought messing with nature is wrong but then agian it could save many lives as I do.

There would be closed links on information about close wild life centres ,foods to give the animal/bird and how to take care of it till you get it to a centre or if you want to take care of it yourself BUT that depends on the creature like racoons,possums,racoons ect.. animals like that are a No No because they need speacail care and may carry somthing but birds on the other hand are much eiser to take care of IF! the bird is not from the countrey by nature.Birds like that would be Starlings,Pigeons,Sparrows and many more.

It was just a thought because if you dont know where to search for fast info on the animal/bird we would have good info spot on this site and Im shur many members on here could help out too.

Karen
06-14-2006, 10:44 PM
People generally post such a thing in General, which is fine.

Kfamr
06-14-2006, 11:32 PM
There is already a place for that - General.

And IMO, the best place for a young/injured wild bird to be is in a wildlife/bird rehab or sanctuary.

Argranade
06-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh well I thought it might block up general with so many questions as there is.

And IMO, the best place for a young/injured wild bird to be is in a wildlife/bird rehab or sanctuary

Well not everyone is that close to one of those and the animal may be very hungrey so they would need tips on feeding them and keeping them warm.
Some ppl dont even have a wildlife rehabe near them and if they do it could be a 1 hour drive away.

Lady's Human
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Depending on the laws where you live, it may be illegal to do anything other than calling animal control or bringing the animal to a wildlife rehab/rescue.

finn's mom
06-15-2006, 02:14 PM
It's not a bad idea, just not something that comes up enough in here to warrant an entire new section to be added to a site with many separate sections already. What you might want to do is just start making a thread in "pet rescue", with the information you are thinking of sharing. At least maybe put a thread with links to animal rehabs in the different states or something. I think it's good that you help where you can, I've known a few people who have saved lives by doing what they could with an animal until it could be taken somewhere like a animal rescue. There are many times where it is better left to nature, but, sometimes humans can do some good by stepping in. But, yeah, the pet rescue section might be a good place to post stuff. :)