PDA

View Full Version : Camera Questions

GoldenLuv
06-14-2006, 05:48 PM
ok ok i know this has been posted b4 but i am hopefully getting a new camera this weekend if i can convence hubby not to get his lap top till after we move.. Here is what i am looking for in a camera

1. Good Clear Pic's

2. Something where i can take action/fast shots.. i don't wanna wait forever in a day for the camera to load to take the next pic..

3. Something under 400.00

4. something that is not gonna piss out on me in a couple months to a year...

See i wanna be able to take pic's of gracie when she is up in the air and snap a pic of her doing that cause the camera i have now you have to wait about a 45seconds or what not till you can take the next pic's... I have a Olympus D 395 and its crap...

Does anyone have any suggestions..

Roxyluvsme13
06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Well..
Canon S2 IS I don't OWN the camera, but I've done quite a bit of research on it. You can take pics while you're shooting a movie, it has macro, and I think the time you have ot wait isn't that long.

Karen
06-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Canon Powershot S2 IS is under $400, but the newer, even faster one (3 IS) is $434.00 at Amazon.com ...

.sarah
06-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Well..
Canon S2 IS I don't OWN the camera, but I've done quite a bit of research on it. You can take pics while you're shooting a movie, it has macro, and I think the time you have ot wait isn't that long.
I'd suggest an S2 also, it fits what you want really well. I have had mine for almost a year and have taken thousands upon thousands of photos and it hasn't given out on me at all.

But the pictures it takes during a movie are crap unless if the subject is still. And if the subject was still, then why would you be shooting a movie? :p So basically that function sucks.

The best mode for action shots is TV at ISO 400 (that can be changed with the function key). They can be sort of grainy at this ISO but dogs in action don't come out well otherwise. Sometimes 200 works, it depends on how fast your dogs are ;)

Kay has this camera also, and you know she takes great pictures! Of course a lot of it is technique, but even an amature can take great photos with an S2.

BOBS DAD
06-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Nikon Si

Kfamr
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
There are many Canons that will fit your needs/wants.

As mentioned, I have the S2 IS and it has been very nice to be since buying it in August (?) of last year.

Roxyluvsme13
06-14-2006, 06:54 PM
My Kodak lets you snap like 5 pictures in 30 seconds.. but I don't recommend it since it has no macro or anything.

Glacier
06-14-2006, 07:14 PM
You can get all of your requirements if you move up in the Olypmus models. All of their "d" line are pretty much entry level, not great cameras. I use three different Olympus cameras. Lately, I've taken most of my pics with the Stylus 800. I paid close to 500 for it, but like everything else, I imagine it's much cheaper down South! It takes great pictures, lag time is almost nothing unless the flash is needed(I rarely use a flash, don't like the effect on most pictures). Even with the flash, it is just a few seconds until you can snap again. It has a pre-programmed action mode and another setting that allows you to just hold down the button and it will keep shooting continously. I use that occasionally when I'm trying to get a shot of the dogs' wrestling. I bought it because it's weather resistant. I can drop it in the snow, get it wet, bang it around on the dog sled and not hurt it.