PDA

View Full Version : Does your dogs do anything that annoys you?

ashleycat
06-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Charlie always seems to bark soon after I get my daughter to her nap lol.

Ok so he's not barking cus she's napping. But still. lol
eta.. She ends up waking up from it.

I'm a light sleeper. So when he wakes up, I wake up. I know he's awake cus I hear him yawning. It's usually 8am on the dot every time lol. Sine I got him in crate at night, he no longer jumps on me and barks to play. He now waits patiently in crate till I get up :) Good boy!! So now I can sleep till 9.

He HAS to eat in same room as us. If I leave the room, he stops eating and follows. It's hard to get him to eat when he is supposed to.

shihtzulover850
06-14-2006, 02:42 PM
ummmm anytime she sees somebody strange she barks her head off. that is about it..... i think

LeahMM
06-14-2006, 02:44 PM
I think my list would be shorter if you asked what my dogs dont do to annoy me. :rolleyes:

ashleycat
06-14-2006, 02:44 PM
I think my list would be shorter if you asked what my dogs dont do to annoy me. :rolleyes:
lol :p

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
The worst thing Finn does is when he stretches, he pushes his scratchy paw pads or his nails into your side or face or legs or arms or whatever gets in the way of his long, strong legs. If he's just laying there, and, you go to scratch his side, he'll fling his nearly 90 pound frame around so that you can scratch wherever it is that he feels needs it. That usually means paws hit you in the face or his head busts into yours or something else painful. He isn't trying to hurt, but, he's just so happy all the time. About everything. ;) I still love him, though, even though I have bruises from head to toe, from his love bumps and love scratches. :rolleyes:

Freckles barks a lot, and, I'm trying to break her of it, at least some. She's at least not barking for treats when I put her into a sit. So, that's a start!

Dudley is annoying because he never learns. He's apparently gotten his arse kicked all up and down the gulf coast by several large dogs within David's family and he just never stops trying to mount bigger male dogs. Finn hasn't really shown any aggressiveness, yet, but, I keep my eyes on them, because they get rough sometimes. But, even if Finn did beat him up, David says it won't stop Dudley from trying again. Nerd.

Other than those things, and, very small other ones, the three of them are joys to be around. All of them are very sweet in their own ways.

lv4dogs
06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Nanook doesn't & never has done anything that bothers me. Sure he has some "old man glitches" now but they don't really bother me.

Raustyk does 2 things that bother me:
-She barks a lot, at neighbors 5 doors down and things I can not hear nor see :rolleyes:
-She doesn't know she weighs almost 100lbs & Nanook is fragile

Kaige, he's the same as Nanook, doesn't do anything that bothers me.

Of course sometimes, only for a short couple seconds Nanook & Kaige will get on my nerves when they bark at each other while playing sometimes but not enough to really bother me. All I have to do is think about the worse things in life & the tiny bit of annoyance that I do have goes right away. :D

critter crazy
06-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Lets see.......

Duke is constantly underfoot!
Duke will not eat if no one is in the room
Jake will Bark if Duke does not eat
Duke chasses the chickens!
Jake barks at th horses!
Jake barks at the cat!!
Duke and Jake play so hard they shove my recliner around(with me in it!!)
Duke Slimes everything!
:D :D :D

lisahumphreys882
06-14-2006, 03:04 PM
I guess i'm lucky...my dog will sleep in my room until sometimes 12:00pm! Well that's on weekends. He does the eating thing too...I have to sneak away so he doesn't follow me because I try to get him to continue eating but as soon as he sees me leaving he follows. The only other thing he does that annoys me is just that I can't let him off the leash because he would not listen to me. But besides that he is a good dog. :)

Riptide
06-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh my gosh. Pixie.

Whenever I'm sleeping on the couch, she'll either put her big wet nose RIGHT in my ear, or she'll bar as loud as she can to wake me up :rolleyes:

She's such a brat :p

lute
06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Gracie- other than her prey drive she's a great dog.

Beanie- top 10 reasons Beanie annoys me:
1. he YAPS!
2. he's got a bad temper
3. he's pushy
4. he's in the way
5. he's picky about what he eats
6. he does everything on Beanie's terms
7. he starts a lot of fights with rescues.
8. he he has selective hearing
9. he has to dominate EVERYONE
10. he's protective of his toys

i love Beanie to death, but he's not my favorite dog. i refer to him as "my mom's dog."

Glacier
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Founder is very pushy. He will knock other dogs out of the way to get to me. Firmly believes he is the only dog I should ever pet. We're working on that!

Deuce jumps up, again we're working on it. That is one habit that drives me nuts!

Sleet will only drink from one water bowl. If it's empty she will knock it around and make as much noise as possible until I fill it for her, particularly annoying at 3am!

Ozzy barks incessantly whenever someone he doesn't know is around. Handy in that no one can sneak into our yard(Ozzy's pen is in the front), but annoying after a couple hours!

Mac bites my butt when I'm walking through the yard. Sundin does that occasionally too, but Mac is a serial offender!

Chum is very talkative. Generally doesn't bother me, but he sometimes carries on excessively. Gets the other dogs worked up and Chum ends up getting picked on. The other dogs just want him to shut up too sometimes!

When I get annoyed with them, I try to remind myself that someday(frighteningly soon for some of them), I will miss their little quirks and habits.

dogzr#1
06-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Molly-
(1)barks to come in five seconds after you let her out. :rolleyes: literally!
(2)when you are at the table, she will come and bump your arm to either let her out or scratch her. Sometimes she does it when your drinking, and the drink will get all over you, or you'll start choking on it!
(3)When she goes to sleep on our bed, and doesn't want to get off when you need to get the bed ready. It's hard to pull a 70lb sleeping, dog off the bed.

Astra-
(1)When she stretches on you. She'll put her front paws on your chest and her claws will scratch you.
(2)She ALWAYS wants to go outside and never wants to come inside when you call her.
(3)She HAS to sleep on some soft surface like a sofa or bed. She doesn't like to sleep on the tile.

Prince-
(1)He is such a baby! He'll yelp if you pick him up wrong. Sometimes he hurts himself(somehow), and he'll cry if you touch any part of his body. But when we take him to the vet, he is completely fine!
(2)He sleeps on anything and everything that falls on the floor. If your blanket falls on the floor, he'll claim it as his new bed.
(3)He barks at anyone who passes in front of the house. He also barks at my step-dad, for no reason. :rolleyes: He's weird like that

wolfsoul
06-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Visa follows me everywhere, and is always in the way. She barks alot when someone she doesn't know comes over. She isn't handler focused, she's obstacle focused, so she's very difficult to run in agility. She drools after she drinks water lol. She's a very rough player and often hurts other dogs by accident. At work, she will jump on the desk and knock everything off of it. If you try to correct her when she's in drive, she will SCREAM like you are killing her.

k9krazee
06-14-2006, 08:06 PM
DO your dogs do anything... :o

Shadow - She's so LAZY! She would stay on the couch in the basement all day if I let her! And she'll start barking for absolutley no reason (never moving her butt from the couch!), the other 4 will charge up the stairs barking frantically and she'll just sit on the couch and laugh :rolleyes:

Micki - He will bark at anything and everything, hes recently decided he has to mark EVERYTHING, this includes the corner of my bed, car tires, SHADOW, basketballs, plants...EVERYTHING.

Mini - You can't get close to her without getting smothered with kisses, lol

Kyra - If she wants to play and you aren't paying attention to her she'll grab your pant legs and you end up dragging her around the house.

Jack - Hes too darn dominate and pushy with other dogs :(

But you gotta love 'em http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/heart.gif

Pembroke_Corgi
06-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Marta- She can be annoying sometimes when she is being stubborn and refuses to "hear" you, like when you are calling for her to come in, or walking her and she decides she doesn't want to go home she will plant her feet and it's hard to move her! She also steals food from children when they aren't looking. :rolleyes:

Adele- She drives me INSANE sometimes in the car. I have to put her in doggy seat belt to keep myself from getting in a car wreck. Back and forth back and forth back and forth she runs in the back seat. That, and she always gets a HUGE mouthful of water before she decides to come lick you all over.

Vallis- He barks at everything, real or imagined, and he has no concept of how close he is to your ear. :rolleyes: Also, he jumps over our baby gates and steals our cat's food.

Whew! All that being said, I love my pups and wouldn't trade them for anything. :)

cyber-sibes
06-14-2006, 08:31 PM
No, mine are both angels :rolleyes:
well, for the most part!
But my RB Rosie had numerous annoying habits like...barking ALL night long to the other dogs. I got to learn many constellations sitting on the back deck with her at 1:30 am saying "Shh, no bark" month after month.
And she had no idea how big & strong she was.- She'd be out running and SLAM into my legs - I thought my kneecaps would break many times! Lastly, she chewed everything up, and was an incessent licker. Non-stop licking gets old after a while! But I miss her and would gladly put up with many many more years of her annoying habits, if I could bring her back!

K9karen
06-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Yes, but I just kissed a sleeping Loga-beans goodnight, she opened her lovely big brown eyes, put her paw on my face..so now i can't remember ...

anna_66
06-15-2006, 10:01 AM
There really isn't anything that Roxey does that's annoying except when she wants a treat then turns her nose up at it :rolleyes:

Huney is a good girl. The only thing she does is lay at the door and cry if we don't let her in when she wants in.

I think Bon has to be the "most annoying" although most of it isn't his fault...it's just he's so darn big and has huge hanging jowls. I think he'll never learn he's a big dog!

He wants out, but hates to go out alone so usually he'll just stand there and look at you :rolleyes:
He drinks and immediately turns his head and slings water all over you.
He drinks/eats and wants to come and put his big head in your lap to give you some lovin'.
He can't just stand there and eat, he has to make trips around the house...in the process loosing food that was stuck in his jowls :o
He's such a velcro dog. He just "HAS" to be with me wherever I am. If I'm cleaning in the house I have to put him outside or he'll never get settled and lay down.

But through all that I Love that BIG BOY more than anything:D

WarahGirl1995
06-15-2006, 10:22 AM
when they pull out the plug to our labtop........ but that is about it

zoomer
06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
LOL, YES! When I'm watching TV Alaska will start 'talking' to me or someone else in the house, and he still won't shut up when I tell him to shut up, LOL.

When I'm on the computer either Buddy or Georgia will lift my hand from the computer to make me pet them.

When Buddy wants to be petted and I'm walking around, he'll bite my hand.

When someone walks in the door, Buddy will bite their ankles to get them to pet him. :rolleyes:

dab_20
06-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Molli barks at every little noise she hears in the house. And Sam barks at the weirdest things, like when we were by the river there was a big boulder in the water and Sam kept barking at it. :rolleyes:

sabies
06-15-2006, 05:46 PM
I love all Sadie's weird mannerismsbut there is one thing . . . she won't eat. She is so picky about what she likes and is so anxious all the time about who is nearby or where her food is or whatever else bothers her. It used to not matter so much but now she has kidney disease and I can't let her not eat!

gemini9961
06-15-2006, 06:38 PM
When they don't listen to me. :rolleyes:

.sarah
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Mandy - when she gets aggressive with the other dogs.

Nova - Her constant need to be with food. Can't find Nova? Why, she's in the kitchen staring at the counters hoping food will magically drop from them. Or if you left food out, she's sitting beside it (if it's not within her reach) groaning. If it's within reach, you can bet it's gone by now.

Luka - The way she greets you. She jumps up in your face (literally all four feet jump off the ground, maybe she thinks she's a Jack Russell or something) and gives you a big smile. It is funny when it's done once, but usually she does it four or five or six times, to the point where she's just in the way. And it was funny when we first brought her home, and it makes you happy on a bad day, or laugh on a good day, but sometimes she just does it too many times :o Also her obsession with squirrels is over the top. She has torn up our blinds because she looks through them even when they're closed and then slams her face against the window :rolleyes:

Buck - Normal puppy things, like peeing in the house even though you just took him out. He is mostly potty trained, but gets a little excited when we let him play inside and starts to pee multiple times, so for the most part he only plays outside. Also I put him in his crate when we eat and he cries, a very soft cry, but still annoying. He's good in the crate except when food is around.

DogLover9501
06-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Jasper sounds like Bon ;) He will eat, then always rub his lips on me.

He also barks at nothing/nobody. Sometimes it's funny, because it seems as if he doesn't know why he is barking, but keeps doing so incase there is a reason. It's not as funny when he suddenly barks during a horror movie!

Piddle just cries/whines for everything he wants. This crying is mostly about: toys, either stuck in the toy box, or too big for him to drag out, or he wants the toy(s) Jasper is playing with. He also cries if he wants treats, or thinks Jasper has different/better treats.

Wiggles never does anything to annoy anyone.

buttercup132
06-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Rockee
-she has to follow my mom EVERYWHERE like my mom will be in my sisters room and my mom will move to the other side of the room and she will follow:rolleyes:
-she will be told to leave the kichen when we are eating and will leave turn around come back and take a bite of ONE kibble or have one lick of water to pretend she is eating or drinking
-she wil fart near people THEN walk away.:rolleyes:
-she makes a mess when she drinks making the floor all wet so I end up stepping in drooly water or slip and fall

Thunder
-wakes me up everyday when I'm supposed to get up for school and if I dont wake up he will whine and claw so I dont get to sleep in on weekends.
He's pretty much perfect though