PDA

View Full Version : This was so sad.

Argranade
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I thought I would share somthing that happened with some feral pigeons the other day.

Well I was walking by a church when I noticed a pigeon was dancing on the ground I found it strange since pigeons usualy stay on the roof to dance.I came closer to see a dead female pigeon with her mate right by her side.The male pigeon was still dancing for her and cooing sadly even laying down beside her and started cleaning her face.It was so sad it nearly brought me to tears to see just how gentle and caring pigeons can realy be that goes for all wild birds.

Well seeing that cars came around the church parking lot I did not wan't to leave that pigeon and his dead wife there because the male pigeon could get hurt staying beside his wife so closley.So I got a bag and picked up the dead pigeon and put her away the male on the roof just looked at me and cooed so softly I felt so bad for him but at least with the body gone he could move on with his life.

Well just thought I would tell this little sad story and show how caring some birds can realy be even street pigeons. :)

Also I was thinking there should be a wildlife section on this site for members who find injured,Hungry,baby animals and birds and some closed links on how to feed and care for it also getting it to the nearest wildlife centre.
Just a thought.

king2005
06-14-2006, 02:41 PM
awww such a sad story :(

I like your idea though.. PM karen & run it by her