PDA

View Full Version : :rolleyes: some people!

shihtzulover850
06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
We were at petsupermarket today getting dog food when a kid came in and started petting the hamsters and ferrets. I saw the ferrets who were just adorable. Now there is a sign that says please do not touch the animals. We don't mean to but we may bite. well obviously the kid can't read cause here he is petting away. he asks his mom as he is petting the hamsters "do hamsters bite? Is he gonna bite me?" his mom says well yes they bite and the next thing you know the kid is like OOOOWWWWW!! He jerks his hand out of the case and gets a paper towel. That thing bit him so hard he was bleeding! dangerous! I was thinking as we left that is why you don't pet the animals! no matter how cute furry and cuddly they may be! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I was also wondering how many here have ferrets and what do you think of them?

Miss Z
06-14-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL, what a foolish little kid :rolleyes:

lute
06-14-2006, 01:06 PM
yeah. a lot of people don't pay attention to what signs say. :rolleyes:

i don't have a ferret. they are very agile and fun. sorry, i don't know much about them.

shihtzulover850
06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
that is okay. they are so cute!! at least his mom didn't start complaining. she seemed like oh well you did it yourself! :p :rolleyes:

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Well, especially with young kids, the threat actually has to happen before it's understood and the lesson is learned. Just having a sign there, if the child can even read it, isn't always enough.

Queen of Poop
06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
That child's parent needs to provide much better supervision. I have had 4 ferrets, currently only have one left. They are wonderful pets, and wonderfully expensive. It is also hard to find a vet that actually knows anything about ferrets.

zoomer
06-14-2006, 02:17 PM
He sure learned his lesson! And I bet he deserved it too :rolleyes:

Argranade
06-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Well its realy the mothers fault it she let him touch them ONLY if the kid could not read but if he could then he got his lesson on listening to the rules of a pet shop. :rolleyes:

shihtzulover850
06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
he looked old enough to read but.... oh well he wasn't crying his head off at least! I know what you mean about them being expensive. There they costed $110 dollars!!

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 02:42 PM
he looked old enough to read but.... oh well he was crying his head off at least!

Yeah, and, you never know...his parent might have just thought it'd be a lesson learned if he actually got bit once. I know a lot of parents who feel that way. I mean, nothing life threatening, not like going up to a strange dog to learn that strange dogs might bite. But, a hamster bite usually doesn't end up permanently damaging. I don't know, though, whatever the thought process, hopefully he learned not to pet the animals in the cages.

lv4dogs
06-14-2006, 03:15 PM
They put the signs up for a reason. lol

I currently have ferrets. A little difficult to keep as a pet (they require quite a bit of care & expensive food) but once you have the knowledge down they are great pets. Very very very funny creatures.

cali
06-15-2006, 03:29 AM
why the heck were the animals even petable to begin with? petland is the one and only store in my entire area that does not keep the animals where people can pet them, if they are not kept in cages that have glass fronts(with the backs barred but in staff only areas) or they are in open cages that are in locked rooms, they require this to keep the animals safe, sick people walk into stores all the time, so they dont allow general public to so much as breath on the animals. Petland however has all the animals, even birds in open pens for everyone to pet and play with from what I hear, I wont set foot in that store. is this glassed in thing only normal over here? the concept of the hamsters even being within the kids reach seems foriegn to me.

Zippy
06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
They shouldn't have animals so people can pet them with out asking the people that work there to get them so they can pet them.They could pet a hamster and give it a sickness form there hamster or ferret ect...The kid should have been polite and asked the workers there

dab_20
06-15-2006, 11:28 AM
I bet he'll think twice the next time he wants to pet an animal in the petstore. First of all, the petstore shouldn't have cages that let people put their hands inside. I don't have a ferret, but they sure look like fun little animals!

shihtzulover850
06-15-2006, 11:42 AM
well they keep them in a tall glass box like thing. thick glass. he was just tall enough to reach in and pet them. but hey. he did it to himself. ferrets do sound like interesting creatures. they are so cute. but they have some sharp teeth. a couple were playing around with each other and they looked like little puppies wrestling. it was so cute!!!

Alysser
06-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Don't blame the kid as much as the parent. If the sign says something and she can read she should have been the one to tell him not to pet the hamsters. I hate it when people take advantage of these rules and signs. It's very abnoxious and it often results in them getting hurt or injured.

shihtzulover850
06-15-2006, 11:50 AM
it does now that i think of it seem like the mom was trying to teach the kid a lesson.