PDA

View Full Version : New camera (again :()

shais_mom
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I bought a Fuji E550 back in Jan of 2005 - it worked fabulous up until December. Then I started having trouble with it - taking green pics, sucking the batteries, not advancing pics etc. I sent it away to Fuji and they fixed it free of charge changing the LCD screen and a few other things and once since then it did the battery thing, gave me a card read error. I took it with me this weekend to the Bachlorette party for Kimmy (ramanth) thinking that it was going to be the final test - if it screwed up I was getting a new one. I had had my eye on the Canon S2 talking with Cincy's Mom, Robilee, Anna_66 and knowing that Kay also had it. Well, it was fine until I took pics at Cincy's mom's house and when I took a pic it wouldn't advance and it got 'stuck' wouldn't turn off it was just ON not doing anything so I had to take the batteries out of it. So on the way home I stopped and priced them at Best Buy and Walmart and Best Buy had the better deal so I got the S2 and a one Gig card. I will probably send the Fuji to the company again to have them look at it and either keep it or sell it suuupppeer cheap.
I told the girl at Best Buy what one I had and that I hadn't seen it anywhere since I bought it so I wondered if the reason I had been having problems with it was why. She said maybe. She said the Canon S2 was her favorite camera. I told her that all my friends LOVED theirs and it got really high reviews and I wasn't a review reader! :)
I read most of the book before really taking pics - so these are a menegerie of pics. Most are of Keegan, a couple a Kylie, couple of the Moon (love the detail - I've never had a camera do that!) and a couple of neighbors flowers.
I am happy thus far tho I have only had it 3 days! lol Kloe's photo shoot will be at a later time! :p
I need a reliable camera for the BBQ next month and was afraid if I sent it off it wouldn't get back in time - and the other camera I had doesn't really do a great job just 'ok'. So I know can send the E550 off to get 'fixed' and am giving the A345 to my parents b/c my is notorious for taking her FINGER in the pics.

onto the link.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105317623&code=22627685&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
That stinks about your camera messing up so often. :/ But, great pictures you took with your new one! I can't wait to get a camera that can take photos of the moon like that. I'm jealous! ;) Congrats on the new purchase. Your big fluffy cat reminds me of my RB boy, Justin. He looked a lot like that!

k9krazee
06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I love this picture!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid208/p7d87344fcebe3091a88c86634a1b9e94/ee83d03b.jpg
She looks just like my boy, Jasper!!

4 Dog Mother
06-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Congrats on the new camera! I love Amy's camera and wouldn't mind having one of my own. Ah, but the price. Maybe someday! Great pictures of Keegan, Kylie and the moon, oh yeah the flowers too. Keegan is such a goofy pup and there she is with her tennis balls again. Kylie is such a pretty cat. Love that white hair of hers (but glad it isn't in MY house! lol)

shais_mom
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks!
I also found it on the www.dell.com
site for a bit cheaper but I didn't to buy off the inet again - that's what I did with my Fuji and look where it got me. I wanted to hold it etc.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0479486

anna_66
06-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Staci I just got done looking at the pics and WOW! great pictures! Of course now I wish I had the s2 instead of my s1 :p
I do love the fact that the s2 is SD and my s1 is compact flash. I like the nice small cards!

Looks like your going to get some great pictures at the bbq with this camera:D

Uabassoon
06-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Great pictures Staci! Keegan looks like she's having a blast playing outside :)

RedHedd
06-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Very nice! I love this one:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid208/pbb1420f9d0929e9076b8e30150d47a32/ee83cff3.jpg