PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Donna!

catnapper
06-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh my goodness! Donna knitted a baby blanket for Ashley and its simply gorgeous! The shower thread is long buried so I thought this needed to have a thread of its own.

Of course its being modeled by one of the babies big furry brothers :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/BlanetBoy.jpg

Hey Donna, good job -- the baby will love it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/TooSexyAllen.jpg

I would take a photo of the blanket all spread out, but Allen is still on it, sound asleep and well, I know Donna would appreciate a furry friend taking a nap on it.

She also sent along a lot of necessities like nail clippers, bibs, teething rings, a boo boo ice pack, a digital thermometer, and a snot snuffer (I'm sure it has a real name :p)

THANK YOU SO MUCH DONNA! We just love the yard you used - very pretty and oh-so-soft!

moosmom
06-13-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm SO glad it finally arrived. Like I said, it ain't nothing like what my Nanny used to knit, as I'm a novice. But I kept on knitting till it hit my feet (sort of like a "throw") then finished.

The more cats on it, the better for the baby, allergy wise. Of course I don't mind. I'll tell ya a little secret...Maya Linn would curl up on it before I could find a box for it, so that's probably why your cats find it so fascinating.

Okay kid, TIME TO COME OUT NOW!!!! Gee Kim, your living room sure looks like it could use some re-arranging. Ya think Ashley'd help??? My MIL (good ole f.f) told me (she was an LPN - alcoholic of course) to move furniture if I wanted to go into labor early.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2006, 12:16 PM
That is a lovely blanket!! Hey Donna, do you mind sharing what stitch you used?

prechrswife
06-13-2006, 12:51 PM
That blanket is beautiful! And Allen is the perfect blanket inspector. ;)

moosmom
06-13-2006, 03:02 PM
M&M,

Just a plain old "knit" stitch. Don't know any other ones. :rolleyes:

flutter
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Donna thank you so much!!! I love the colors you used. Everytime we turn around another cat is sleeping on it. Kim and I got home an Abby was on it sleeping. The baby's will have to fight the cats just to use its own blanket. :D Again thank you so much for everything.

sirrahbed
06-13-2006, 04:37 PM
That is just beautiful. The colors are oh so soft and pretty - great gift :)

Logan
06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Donna, that is gorgeous! I wish i was having a baby so you would send me one, too! LOL!! Can I just say I'm going to have a baby??? Because my baby days are over! LOL!!!

Amberlee made me a beautiful afghan when Scott and I got married. My daughter, Helen, "stole" it because it matches her room, perfectly!!!!

Logan