PDA

View Full Version : Buddy's on High Security Patrol again!

pitc9
06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
My hubby Rick is working out of town again (this time he's only 3 hours away in Wheeling, WV, not Las Vegas again!) he's going to be there until the fall.
And Buddy is once again doing his multiple nightly security sweeps of the house (walks to each door, and then over to my bed to check on me, then back to the living room, he does this all night long and does not sleep) and is barking and growling in the middle of the night again. He NEVER does this when Rick's home, only when I'm home alone.
He's such a good boy! I don't know how I could live without him!!
Sierra... eh... she's just a good foot warmer! :D
She gets mad at him when he wakes us up in the middle of the night because he's disturbing her beauty sleep! :rolleyes: Oh she's SO full of drama!! :p

joycenalex
06-13-2006, 10:20 AM
..well i'm grumpy when i'm woken up at night. glad to hear that K9 security services are at your house :)

pitc9
06-14-2006, 08:06 AM
He has made himself sick!
He is so on edge, and jumps at every little sound. He's given himself the runs!!
It just started yesterday... Oh Bud... :(

king2005
06-14-2006, 08:20 AM
He has made himself sick!
He is so on edge, and jumps at every little sound. He's given himself the runs!!
It just started yesterday... Oh Bud... :(

Silly boy.. feed him just rice for 1 day to see if it'll clear the runs up.. also try to leave the tv on louder then normal, as it'll help mask any noises outside

Ginger's Mom
06-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Aww, poor Buddy (and you). And you thought he didn't like Rick. Obviously Buddy thinks he is good for something. :) He will probably settle into a routine in a couple of days.
I am with Sierra; I need my beauty sleep. ;)

shais_mom
06-14-2006, 10:02 AM
aaawww poor Buddy!
but yet Good Buddy! ?
gentle pets to him and lots of hugs to his mom

anna_66
06-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Well it does sound as if your boy is taking good care of his house and you, too bad it made him sick:(

also try to leave the tv on louder then normal, as it'll help mask any noises outside
I do this quite a bit and it really seems to help.

lute
06-14-2006, 12:23 PM
they love and want to protect their mummy. :D i'm sure you feel extra safe!

pitc9
06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
I have been talking to a friend today and she reminded me that both Buddy and Sierra got Coccidia from the rabbit that Sierra ate last year, and once an animal has coccidia, 60% of them will always have it and high level of stress will flare up the crazy little coccidia creature.... so... I'm sure that is exactly what is happening to my baby boy right now. I'll have to scoop a poop and run to the vet after work just to make sure.
*Graphic description following*
Buddy does not just have the runs…it’s dark & watery with bloody mucus in it. :eek: :o

joycenalex
06-14-2006, 09:16 PM
so what did the vet say?

RobiLee
06-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Well, I'm glad that Buddy is making sure all is safe at home but I sure do hope that he is ok. {{HUGS FOR BUDDY}}

pitc9
06-15-2006, 07:26 AM
His poo was normal yesterday and this morning! :eek: :mad:
He ate pretty close to his normal amount of food last night and was acting better today. (yesterday morning I couldn't get him to go outside!!)
So... I'll play the waiting game with him! :rolleyes:
{twiddling thumbs.... waiting for his next poo} :p

pitc9
06-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Well... so far so good.
I've heard that adult dogs are able to beat the little beast on their own, and I think that's what Bud's done. I'm going to make sure to add plain yogurt to his food for a while.
He even slept through the night last night!!
When I woke up this morning I was laying sideways in my bed, up by my pillows and little miss Sierra was SPRAWLED out across the middle of my bed! :eek: Oh that's the princess that I know and love! ;) :p