PDA

View Full Version : Help trying to save a picture

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 08:19 AM
My SIL emailed me a few pictures of my nieces rabbit for me to show one of my friends who might be giving her a new home. (long story short, nieces landlord changed rules when lease re-newed & she has to get rid of one of her pet rabbits, she has homes for all her other animals, mostly at my brothers house or at her grandmothers house just no one to take this one).

My SIL was unable to send them to any yahoo email so she sent them to my frontiernet addy. I can veiw them & it even says at the bottom of the page "How to save a picture
Simply right click on it and select "save image as."
But it does not save the picture.

I tried fowarding the email but it won't send to a yahoo addy for me either. It keeps saying:
"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Fw: Pictures for you', Account: 'Frontier email', Server: 'smtp.frontiernet.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <208-186-60-135.nrp3feld.roc.ny.frontiernet.net[208.186.60.135]>: Client host rejected: Access denied. See http://postmaster.frontiernet.net', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"
My SIL says that that seems like the same message she was getting too.

I tried sending a regular email to my yahoo addy & as long as there were no pics in it I was able to do so.

Does anyone know how I would be able to save these pics?

Husky_mom
06-13-2006, 11:30 AM
you can try sending them to me at [email protected] and let me see if i can save it for you adn then send it to a yahoo mail...........

that is realy weird......

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks but it won't let me send them to you either. Gah, what the heck is up?

Karen
06-13-2006, 12:23 PM
If you can SEE them on your machine, one last-ditch way is to do a screen capture with that window open. I'm on a Mac, so cannot walk you through that if you're on a PC, but it is an option.

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
If you can SEE them on your machine, one last-ditch way is to do a screen capture with that window open. I'm on a Mac, so cannot walk you through that if you're on a PC, but it is an option.

Oh yes I can see them. I do not know what a screen capture is nor do I know how to do one. lol Yes I am on a PC.

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 12:47 PM
More detail:

When I right click & save picture as, it saves it in "my pictures" (where I put it) BUT it does not show the pic, just some box looking thing that I've never seen before.

Or if I save it to my Kodak pictures the box shows the kodak symbol, not the actual pic.

When I try to load that onto photobucket, photobucket says "files are not an allowed image type"
BUT in the email they are listed as jpg and/or gif, which are both an allowed image type.

I can not save these pics to anywhere.

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Ok I finally got at least the file names to be saved, is there any hope now?

All the pics have the same file name:
!cid_10D5FE44FA5A11DABEF990D33495ED01@snj-us-pcwp-703

Husky_mom
06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
you can click on the "print screen" button on your right side right above the arrows (i think) and the paste that to any photoshop kind of program then cut stuff out and save with another name.......

hope i made myself clear.........have you tried sending to hotmail?? isa_g78

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
you can click on the "print screen" button on your right side right above the arrows (i think) and the paste that to any photoshop kind of program then cut stuff out and save with another name.......

hope i made myself clear.........have you tried sending to hotmail?? isa_g78

Tried that, all my photo programs say it is an invalid file format

Tried to send it to hotmail, seems so far that it can only be sent to frontiernet addys.

Husky_mom
06-13-2006, 01:24 PM
i tried frontiernet but it seems i have to pay for something. :rolleyes: ........
i tried to get an account there so yu can send it to me and see what i could do to help you out...........

maybe you can tell SIL to resend it in another format or to another mail account.......

if you copy the screen and paste it even on paint in would be able to paste and then get resized/cropped/whatever then save it as any format you want...

BOBS DAD
06-13-2006, 01:37 PM
It may be that your SIL needs to send them as attachments and not as pasted images. By that I mean, some people do a "cut" of an image, type some verbage and then "Paste" the image - right into their Emails. Unfortuneately these are often viewable by the receiver but not available to save in a recognizable format (because the formay has been changed/altered by pasting into an Email.

In any event, if you want to have your SIL send them to me [email protected], I will be able to retrieve for you as either an attachment or a screen capture. Go ahead and send me them if you want and I can attach them as a managed file right in a psot that you can then download!

Dan

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks Dan, I know she's more computer illiterate than me and I know it took her a day to even send them to me this way.

I thought that even if they were copied & pasted by her that there would be some way I could save the pics. It's not looking that way though.

If I can get her to send them to me as attatchments than I will see if she can at least send them to you the same way she sent them to me.

I appreciate it.

Jessika
06-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Make sure in the "save file as" box you're selecting a .jpg. If that doesn't work, is there any way to go to file > save as (or are the images embedded?).

To do a screen shot, while the images are viewed on your monitor hit your Prt Scr button on your keyboard, located above the 'home' and 'insert' keys and next to the F12 key. Then open up a graphics program and paste the image. You may need to crop everything else out, but this DOES work.

http://www.ibiblio.org/virtualcell/Tutor1/TandR/keybrd.jpg

Thats where the butotn is lol

EDIT: And that's odd your programs say its an invalid format... that should have nothing to do with the attachments themselves, just taking a "picture" of everything that is currently viewable on your monitor at any given point in time. Have you tried pasting it in MSPaint just to see?

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Thank you for your help everyone. After dealing with this since 8 this morning I finally talked my brother (SIL was useless) through the proper way to send pics.

I have them now, and can use them. But in case this ever happens again I'll try Jessikas way. :D