PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your pet?

.sarah
06-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Just wondering what the percentage of raw vs. kibble vs. homemade is here. :)

I feed raw, prey model style, to my dogs. :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
06-13-2006, 02:10 AM
I also feed raw, prey model style. My cats get Felidae :D

The Cat Factory
06-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Chester gets raw, and the cats get Felidae. I tried giving them some raw, but they wouldn't eat it...

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 09:11 AM
My dogs get raw (prey model) in the evenings and kibble in the am.

They don't eat much kibble though and as soon as I get a chest freezer they will get raw all the time.

The cats get kibble most of the time but do get raw at least a few times a week.

The ferrets are free fed kibble with raw at least once a day.

lute
06-13-2006, 09:13 AM
dogs/cats: kibble and soemtimes canned food
bettas: betta food and sometimes little shrimp
rabbit: rabbit food and fresh veggies

Zippy
06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Zippy and Pumpkin are feed Iams hairball contral/weight contral indoor cat.Sweet P.gets Zupreem pellets(cockatiel),nutri-berries(cockatiel),and dried veggies/fresh veggies sometimes some pasta or wheat bread.The cats get iams pouchs of wet food sometimes.Treats are greenies and all diff.brands of cat treats
Lucky Luck eats betta pellets Hikari betta bio-gold

critter crazy
06-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Dogs-Kibble(hubby dosent like the Idea of Raw:( )
cats-Kibble
fish-fish food
Turtles-turtle food, Live raw fish:)
Horses-Grain, hay, Carrots, apples
Rabbit-Rabbit food, fresh veggies, fruits
chickens-Chicken feed, Fresh veggies, fruits

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
kibble. it isn't snuggles favorite thing to have either :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sammy101
06-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Kibble and Canned food.

IRescue452
06-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Autumn is getting kibble until I graduate college next spring. My mother will not feed raw. During the summer I give her as much meat and other foods as possible though. I plan to be off of kibble for good once I move out. I do plan to have her on a balanced diet with meat, eggs, dairy, veggies, oils and cranberries- not just raw meat.

PinkSunshine
06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
All 3 of my dogs are on a raw diet and my cat is fed kitty kibble

Suki Wingy
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
rabbit: rabbit food and fresh veggies
What brand? Stuff you buy at a feed store is actually cheaper and better for them and Oslo likes it a lot better.

Niņo gets Iams and a bit of Bil-Jac but we're looking into different ones (authority, Nutro)
Oslo gets as of now Farmer's Co-op feed, dried berries, and i'm going to give him a salt wheele and see if he likes it. He was loving and doing wonderful on Heinold 15/20 fortified show formula (Like all show rabbits) but we ran out and the closest feed show is 45 minutes away and only open when we're buissy. We got him the co-op stuff in virginia when we passed the store.
Tigger gets live crickets and sometimes fruits and veggies.

finn's mom
06-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I feed raw, prey model...with fruits and veggies and eggs as snacks throughout the week...

cali
06-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Dogs: Raw, our own Model. we base loosly on Billinghursts original Raw diet(which is NOTHING like what he does now)

Gerbil: commercial gerbil food, no particular brand, just whatevers cheap. he is going on 6 years old this year.

Rabbit: pellets from the local feed store and hay, and fresh veggies

Guinea Pigs: Pellets from the local feed store and fresh veggies and hay.

Budgie: budgie seed, but he eats the Teils food most of the time lol

Cockatiel: Kaytee cockatiel food, but he likes to eats the budgie seed

Betta: slow sinking pellets is all he will eat, he is a picky one that fish lol

sword tails: trpoical fish flakes.

k9krazee
06-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Dogs and Cats - kibble

Guinea pigs - pellets and fresh veggies, and Timothy hay

Gecko - Crickets and Pinkies

SalemWitchChild
06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Kota eats Flint River Ranch Lamb Millet and Rice formula.

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-13-2006, 06:18 PM
My dogs eat kibble (Nutro, because Winston gets sick on everything else). My parents will probably always feed Nutro only because it seems to be the only food they've ever had any luck on and they like the price. I'd like to feed Tango raw, and if that isn't possible, a higher quality kibble.

Forgot to add the other pets:

My bettas are fed pellets or frozen blood worms. The other fish are fed blood worms, flakes and something else I think, not sure though as my mom feeds them most often. The toads are fed live crickets.

zoe08
06-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Zoe gets kibble

dab_20
06-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Dogs and Cats: Kibble
Rabbits: Pellets, veggies, Timothy hay
Horse: horse feed pellets, pasture grass
Poultry: cracked corn and grit
Peacocks and pheasants: game bird feed, fresh fruit, fruit juice
goats: some horse feed and grass
chicks (chickens, peacocks, pheasants): chick starter, chick grower

dogzr#1
06-15-2006, 06:00 PM
My dogs are currently getting kibble with some canned food.

poodlesrule
06-16-2006, 10:51 AM
The poodles eat raw food and the cat eats canned.

king2005
06-16-2006, 12:10 PM
My fish get a high quality stick food.. They cannot eat live fish often (once a month) as they are not fish eaters & therefore cannot digest too many fish bones at once.

My Turtle gets live & frozen mice/rats/hamsters/birds/fish.. I also feed him chicken & hamburger (but he likes the chicken better right now). He use to eat banana, but isn't interested in his fruits or veggies anymore.

The rats get store feed (the kind with the dried fruits, grains & 50 other ingredients), cat kibble, dog kibble, frozen veggies, hotdog (trying to fatten them up, as they are under weight), pasta & 12 grain bread.

My feeder goldfish get goldfish pellets & they eat eachother :rolleyes:

Miss Z
06-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Tia has Reggie rat mix as her main diet, but I always spoil her rotten with what she gets on the side, vintage Lancashire cheddar cheese, honey-dipped banana slices, finest Hereford strawberries and lemongrass chicken are some of the things she's dined on this week!

Zsa-Zsa usually likes a variety, one week she'll have Felix, the next Whiskas, and then perhaps some Sheba. She gets crabsticks every once in a while, and she usually gets whats left of the Sunday roast for her Sunday evening meal and Monday breakfast.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Sadie & Rita both get Nutro Natural Choice, and they seem to be doing very well on the food. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Going to switch the dogs to Raw soon. Skye's on kibble, and the hamster and bettas are all on hamster food and betta food pellets.

Argranade
06-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Seeds,seeds,seeds and did I mention seeds lol. :D

Oh ya and some betta food but I also feed my bird some vege's and fruites.

Glacier
06-16-2006, 02:18 PM
The dogs eat Acana Performance formula kibble plus moose, caribou, bison and fish. (Every musher I know mixes meat and kibble). Paxil eats the kibble topped with Beneful Stew. She has health issues that frequently involve her not eating at all for days on end. She almost never turns down that combination so that's what she gets!

The cats eat a combination of Royal Canin Urinary SO formula and Medi-Cal reduced protien kibble. I have a couple with urinary tract issues and one with early stage kidney failure. They also get canned food every morning. Prescription for those that need it and whatever other brand I happened to buy for the others.

Sevaede
06-17-2006, 03:08 AM
The kitties get free fed kibble, canned food, and cooked chicken breast because they refuse to eat raw. :( They get Royal Canin but I would like to do a little more research and switch them.

The gerbils get free fed some commercial gerbil food (seeds, dried fruit, etc).

The fish get fed twice a day. Feesh gets his betta pellets at night and Squeesh gets his algae wafer and a couple of flakes. We are in the middle of trying to get live food for them.

binka_nugget
06-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Dogs: Raw

Birds: Mainly Zupreem pellets with some seeds here and there. I'm trying to introduce them to fresh food but they won't take it. :\

Bettas: Frozen bloodworms, grindal worms, frozen brineshrimp, pellets

When I get my bengal, s/he will be fed raw too.

RobiLee
06-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Katie and Tori eat kibble and can food (Eagle Pack).

Alysser
06-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Sassy: She usually gets commercial type dog foods(kibble,canned,ect.). On special occasions she gets raw food.
Star: Fresh foods. Sometimes I make her homemade meals of fruit and other stuff.

wolfsoul
06-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Visa: Raw food
Rats: Raw food
Mice: Homemade mixture of grains and veggies
Fish: Betta food

dionne
06-18-2006, 06:30 PM
my cats catch elephants and eat them :p

bckrazy
06-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Gonzo gets 100% Raw, and Fozzie gets half Raw, half California Natural Puppy kibble. They get dairy, veggies, fruits, & supplements along with raw meat & bones.

My Bettas get "Raw", too! =P They eat frozen Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, live Daphnia, & Grindal Worms. They are incredibly healthy! I've never had a disease with the 100+ Bettas I've raised & kept. Some of my kiddos are well past 2 years, vigorous, colorful & healthy, and I attribute that to diet and clean water.

luvofallhorses
06-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Dogs - kibble and sometimes canned food with their kibble

cats - canned and kibble

Kfamr
06-18-2006, 09:43 PM
My three eat TimberWolf Organics for breakfast and RAW for dinner. :)

shawsdanes
06-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I feed all my furkids Eaglepack. I am really happy with it and so are they.