PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd Introduction...

jesse_3
06-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Okay, tonight I went to Wal-Mart to get a plant for Xambi, because he really didn't like the ones in his cage, and I saw this adorable little, white femal betta being picked on by the other fish in the tank. She looks kinda like this (Sorry, the pics are bad):
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p27de1981b298169d40846fe9b2610a30/ee87bb0a.jpg
Anyways, I just fell in love with her, but told myself that I can't have another fish...but then again, there is another fish tank at home I could use. Then I thought...no no, my mom doesn't want more fish. Okay, in the end I got her, and two Otocinclus's (sp?) and well, one is completely missing an eye. I don't know when or how, but its just an open socket. His name is Minnow, then my other one is named Shark, cause thats what they look like, kind of.

Well, PT'ers, I need a name for my betta girl. I am out, and I can not think anymore. Please, names would be great!!
Also, her back tail fin is basically in threads:( What can I put in the tank to help her heal?

Thanks in advance!
Steph, Minnow, Shark, and nameless

jesse_3
06-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Here are some two CLEAR pics of her! Her fins do have the blue tint on them too, it looks like it's coming from the rocks, but it is not.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p2d8d9c5c3cd8fc4a2be0194c60abb115/ee8798e1.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p4d105c269095ddcf86263e32ffe000cc/ee879b71.jpg

Sevaede
06-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Wow, she is a beauty! :)

IRescue452
06-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Cutie. With good water and nobody to pick on her she should heal up just fine on her own. You should have seen the tails on my two smaller females after they were first introduced. But it only took a week or so for them to have grown back in full.

Zippy
06-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Wow she is beautiful.No names come to mind sorry.

Chilli
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Aww!! Congratulations on her! She reminds me so much of my late female, Kabuki. (but then again, every female betta I see lately reminds me of her... maybe its some subliminal sign that I need to get a female sorority tank soon.)
Anyway she is gorgeous! Though no names come to mind.
And as for her fins, basically what was stated before. My SD male had his tail chewed up pretty badly, and its healing well with me keeping his water sparkly clear and adding a very tiny pinch of aquarium salt in there.

jesse_3
06-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments:)
Okay, I will be sure to keep her tank clean, and I will just watch as her tail fin comes back!

I was thinking of names last night, and well, I want all of your opinions...She is a very shy girl, and is curious of Xambi when her tank was by his (I didn't think that she could see him.) He was flaring at her, and she would swim away, then back to look at him. It was quite interesting actually, I giggled a little bit! Anyways, a gentle name that I thought would maybe suit her is:

Lomasi (pretty flower in a Native American language) and;
Oxana (a shy feral child found in I believe Russia)

Well, I need to go to feed my sisters...and buy my betta girl a plant that she will like, but no more fish.

Steph and nameless