lizbud
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Which do you prefer?

Riptide
06-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Showers for sure ^^

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Showers. My hair is down to my waist, it would be hard to wash in the tub. ;)

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I take more showers. I think most stand up showers are more aesthetically pleasing than actual bath tubs with shower heads...unless it's an old fashioned stand alone bath tub with the feet! I love the way those look! And, I love garden tubs, without shower attachments. I do love a good, relaxing bubble bath, though, on rare occassions. Overall, though, I like showers. This makes me wanna take a nice bath, though! ;)

Chilli
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Showers for sure... I feel like I get cleaner in the shower than in a bath. :D

Zippy
06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Hate baths.Showers are faster and i feel more clean

Sirrahsim
06-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Showers to get clean, baths to relax :)

Flatcoatluver
06-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I hate showers for some reason
Bath's got my vote

Kfamr
06-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I can't remember the last time I've taken a bath... However, I JUST got out of the shower. I've been known to shower 2-3 times a day. ;)

Baths make me feel icky... showers make me feel soooo much better! :)

sirrahbed
06-12-2006, 06:25 PM
I am with Kay - that baths feel yuck. Showers just feel so good and I feel cleaner. I take lots during the summer especially.

As for baths - unless it is for relaxing or for achy muscle soaking - I figure I am sitting in yucky water :p

Pembroke_Corgi
06-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I guess I prefer showers, but baths are so relaxing! Our current house doesn't have a bathtub though, only showers, which is weird since our last house had a big tub but no shower! :p

critter crazy
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Showers!! Cant even remember the last time I took a bath??? Even my 6yr old prefers to take a shower!!!

luvofallhorses
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
showers. :)

jenluckenbach
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Baths. But it is probably more of habit than anything. For 13 years my husband and I lived in an appartment with no shower. (therefore, no choice) when we bought our house, the shower did not work and after the purchase and some improvements, fixing the shower was not a priority. Now that it works, I do the shower if in a hurry. Otherwise I just find it clumsy. :o

Daisy and Delilah
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Showers :)

slick
06-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I only bathe when and if necessary. :eek:

Pam
06-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Most definitely showers. I can't even remember when I had a bath last. It's been years. :p A friend of mine once said that when you take a bath you sit in your own dirt. I thought *you can't argue with thatl*. :p

K9karen
06-13-2006, 01:30 AM
I feel cleaner from shower washing, it's more refreshing too. I'll take a tub bath rarely, if I want to soak my muscles or back or read with candles and wine. I personally found them "dangerous" for my female body, sitting in still, stagnant water.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Showers!!!
Well,I used to like baths too, but since I had the bad experience I couldn't get out of the tub, I never took a bath since. This happened 2 years ago, I was so scared!!

sasvermont
06-13-2006, 07:21 AM
I may take a bath once every five years, but shower nearly every day. Some weekends, I will let a day go by without showering...... This may be TOO MUCH INFORMATION. :p

dontchakit
06-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Well I shower everyday...but I LOVE my baths! I just bought rose petals and believe you me...RELAXING!!! :)

king2005
06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Showers as I don't like bathing in dirty water ewwww.. also I only have a shower stall lol :D

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I take more showers than baths as I feel cleaner & it's faster.
I do love me a nice bath sometimes though, and actually like the feel of a bath better, more relaxing but like I said I don't think I get as clean & it takes too long as I love to just sit there in a nice hot bath.

Logan
06-13-2006, 09:28 AM
These days, I always shower because I can't stand the bathtub we have! But before we bought this house, I had the most wonderful bathtub and every night, I took a bath and read before I crawled into bed. Now I just shower twice a day.

Logan

k9krazee
06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Showers! I can't remember the last time I took a bath! I used to love bubble baths though to relax, but now we have a hot tub for that!

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 10:38 AM
showers a bath would be nice sometimes though :p ;) :)

davidpizzica
06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
There's nothing like coming off a tiring day at the golf course especially when it's cold to draw a nice HOT bath tub and I just lay there! It feels SO good.

moosmom
06-13-2006, 11:41 AM
I've lived in apartments where there's been only a stall shower (sucks when you feel like a soak in the "tubby") and with both. I'd rather have a CHOICE of either.

lizbud
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I do prefer a shower over a bath & it looks like most people do too. I used
to love to soak in a perfumed bath oil or bubbles, but now that they have
the shower gels, I still get the great smell of my favorite fragrence. :)

pitc9
06-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Showers.... I'm always running late! Never have time for a relaxing bath.
In and out in a blink of an eye! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Long relaxing bubble baths for me. However, my arthritis is getting so bad, it's hard to get up out of a tub so I'm doing more showers. :)

Randi
06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Showers, for two reasons .... it's quicker and I don't have a bathtub. Occasionally, I would like to get in a tub, but I do that when I visit people with a bathtub. ;) :D

Queen of Poop
06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Showers, only and ever and very short showers. I hate water, I can't swim so just the thought of sitting in a tub of water is enough to make me squirm.

Jessika
06-13-2006, 02:10 PM
showwersssss can't stand baths, its like... wallowing in your own filth... ughhhh! lol

Suki Wingy
06-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Showers. How else am I supposed to thoroughly wash my hair? It's so thick and long even though I keep getting it cut :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
I prefer showers. I've tried taking bubble baths, but I always get bored after 5 minutes so I've decided it's just a huge waste of water!

Kfamr
06-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I already voted/posted, however have more to add.

I used to love taking warm baths to relax, however now I take a shower with the water all the way to the hot side. It is one of the most relaxing things. I usually just stand there with my eyes closed for a few minutes before even begin washing.

I ALWAYS take one of these long showers after work. The warm water feels so good on my young (but, feeling old) bones!

Uabassoon
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I
I used to love taking warm baths to relax, however now I take a shower with the water all the way to the hot side. It is one of the most relaxing things. I usually just stand there with my eyes closed for a few minutes before even begin washing.

Kay I do that sometimes too, but I sit down and just let the water hit me. That feels great after a rugby game or a tough day at work.

Anita Cholaine
06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Showers for me! I don't have time to take a long tub bath everyday, and I actually find showers really relaxing, anyways!

cali
06-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Baths. But it is probably more of habit than anything. For 13 years my husband and I lived in an appartment with no shower. (therefore, no choice) when we bought our house, the shower did not work and after the purchase and some improvements, fixing the shower was not a priority. Now that it works, I do the shower if in a hurry. Otherwise I just find it clumsy

same here. I only shower when I am in a hurry, otherwise I take a bath, but its a habit. my old house had a claw foot bath, the only way we could shower was with the shower head that had this attachment that clipped on and off the faucet, so we had to sit in the tub and sprya water at ourselves. it was sort of a half bath half shower lol then for years when I lived in this house I only showered, but when the shower broke and was broken for many many many months it was take a bath or stay dirty lol when the shower was finally fixed, I was so used to baths that showers felt weird, so I continued with baths. even now when I shower, I tend to sit down lol

Glacier
06-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Both! Now that I have running water whenever I want, I take showers every day, sometimes twice a day, and bubble baths at night a couple times a week.

Miss Z
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM

Ditto! Nothing like a cool shower on a hot day, and nothing like a warm bath after a bad day;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-13-2006, 04:02 PM
showwersssss can't stand baths, its like... wallowing in your own filth... ughhhh! lol
HaHa :D
You would really freak out if you were in the old days. I remember days before indoor plumbing.

For baths, my grandmother would put a big washtub in front of the coal furnace in the kitchen and the kids would get bathed in it. She heated the water on her cook stove. The water wasn't changed between kids, we were just popped in then the water passed down to the next kid with more hot water added as needed.

It was gross but we lived through it. We had too!!! :D

Logan
06-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Connie, I was just thinking about having to take a bath after my sister in the same water she used. YUCK! But I survived, too!

Logan

dogzr#1
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Both! They both feel nice. I couldn't care less.

anna_66
06-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I almost always took baths as a child (we also passed down the water:p), but now I find I almost always take a shower. In the winter is when I take most of my baths. I soak in them to get warm!

gini
06-13-2006, 08:28 PM
A friend used to say that taking a bath was like dying an egg - except you are the egg.

Showers for me - unless I am feeling really crummy and need to relax in the hot water.

jazzcat
06-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Showers only for me. There is something about a bath that just doesn't seem clean to me. My hang up.

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I hate baths, I shower daily. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I bathed. Baths just seems gross to me...lol

lute
06-14-2006, 12:05 AM
showers. i hate wading in my own "lexie soup"

Cataholic
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I may take a bath once every five years, but shower nearly every day. Some weekends, I will let a day go by without showering...... This may be TOO MUCH INFORMATION. :p

Nah....that way, on Sunday night or Monday morning I feel like I am getting my money's worth from the experience!!! I HATE to take showers. I like to be clean, so, I do, but, I hate doing so. :D

shais_mom
06-14-2006, 10:06 AM
same here -
I grew up on baths. Rarely took showeres b/c we only had one bathroom that had a stand alone shower and one that had a tub. I bought my own house I don't like my tub as well as my parent's old one so I take showers daily and baths to relax. After I moved out my parents redid their bathroom including the tub and it isn't as nice to lay in either so they now take showers too!
I also grew up taking a bath before bed never in the morning. Now I take one before work and since I work 2nd shift I am taking a shower anywhere from 11am to 1pm! Actually getting ready to get in the shower right now. :D

shais_mom
06-14-2006, 10:16 AM
The house that my grandparents lived in for 50 years had NO bathroom other then a sink and toilet. There was a shower head with a shower curtain in the basement which you had to go OUTSIDE to get to. And my grandma had 2 hip replacements so she couldn't comfortably go up and down steps. My grandparents 'sponge bathed' every day. I asked my dad once how he got clean when living there (from the time he was a sophomore in HS until him and my mom got married when they were 22) and he said he spongebathed and was probably more clean then a lot of the kids he went to school with! When they moved into the trailer behind my parents house there was a HUGE tub and a separate shower - but my dad put a large piece of plywood over the tub and they put a dresser up there for more space. Neither one of them could get in and out of the tub anyway. I don't know if my grandpa ever used the shower or not (change was hard for him! ;)) but my grandma certainly enjoyed using the shower when she had one.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Showers, hands down. :D

mruffruff
06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Showers. Can't remember the last time I took a bath.

When I was a kid, we didn't have running water so a bath was a big deal on Saturday night. We'd haul the big galvanized tub into the kitchen, fill it with water from the well, add hot water and take turns--in the same water. Maybe that's why I LOVE a shower.

CalliesMom
06-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I take daily showers but will take a bath 2-3 times a week to relax. Put some bubble bath in and read a good book. ;)