PDA

View Full Version : how often do you...

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 04:53 PM
...wash your sheets?

Random question, I know, but, I'm washing the sheets from our bed, and, wondered how often is "normal?" I wash mine every Monday. But, if I had more than one set of sheets, I'd probably wash them twice a week. ;) How often do you guys wash your bed linens?

Suki Wingy
06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
like twice a month usually.

Karen
06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
A couple times a week.

Pembroke_Corgi
06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Geez, not once or twice a week, that's for sure... :o I'll admit I'm a rather poor housekeeper so I'd rather not say- there's too many other (more fun) things to do besides clean on my free time! :D

Chilli
06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I... don't know. I don't know how to wash anything except towels. :D I know, I know, its pitiful when I don't do my own laundy at my age. Though, I assume my sheets get washed once a week or so... maybe once every other week?

Zippy
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I don' sleep on sheets i sleep on a blanket because i hate the feeling of sheets

Flatcoatluver
06-12-2006, 05:48 PM
I try to do it every week, but I forget easily, so atleast once or twise a month.

Argranade
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Only when they smell or have poop since I almost always have a bird sleeping with me lol they all do poop alot at night. :p

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Cool, I said it was a random question. ;) Yeah, I usually do it once a week, like I said. I'm just grossed out by sleeping on dirty sheets, so, I probably should wash them more often. When I did start cleaning my sheets once a week, I noticed that my skin improved, and, it's an easy chore. Rip 'em off, throw 'em in, put 'em back on. ;) It's the only one that I really don't mind, because I hate folding laundry, blech.

My Peanuts
06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I do mine about once a week unless they need it more often for some reason. My reasons include dogs chewing pig hooves, ears etc., dogs throwing up on then (Sylvia's favorite place), and other dog related things. Dirty sheets are a small price to pay to have them sleep with me. I even considered getting a bigger bed for them! I still live at home and I have twin bed. Twin bed + me +4 dogs= no room to move! :)

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I still live at home and I have twin bed. Twin bed + me +4 dogs= no room to move! :)

Yeah, my bed back at home with my parents is smaller than a twin. :eek: And, with a nearly 90 pound two foot tall dog, it's not very roomy. ;) David has a king sized bed, though, so the five us can sleep comfortable. hahahaha. Two people and three dogs. It's fun, though! But, yeah, sometimes I think I should wash the sheets on Thursdays, too!

lizbud
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I change them once a week. The dog hair on the pillow gets to me after
about a week. :D

sirrahbed
06-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Usually every other week but more if I feel like it ;) I usually notice they get wrinkly rather than not clean. I have extra pillow cases though - and change them every few days. Sheets don't really get very dirty do they? We shower before climbing in bed and the kitties sleep on top of the quilt.

Clean sheets sure feel good though!!

buckner
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
:o Once or twice a year, maybe? Seriously. :o

It's not as easy for me to change mine - it's SOOO much trouble putting them back on. And I don't think mine get that dirty. The animals don't sleep with me - Daisy can't get up on my bed, Jessie sleeps under my bed, Jake sleeps on my parents' bed, and the rest are in various places other than my bed. The only time I wash my sheets are when my mom says "that's gross" and rips them off. I don't think they need it, though... they're just comfy as ever! I'm the weirdo who sleeps on flannel sheets in the middle of the summer because they're too comfy.

But yeh, sorry if I grossed anyone out. Funny thing is, my mom washes her sheets just as often as me.. she just washes hers hours before mine, giving her room to call my sheets dirty. :P

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Sheets don't really get very dirty do they?

I think if you're showering before you get into bed, you should be fine. ;) I usually wait til morning to shower, unless I've worked out or been outdoors or on the lake...or out somewhere smoky (like a concert or a bar or club). Then I shower just after getting home, usually right before bed. But, if you do anything else in bed **ahem**, they are very dirty! ;) hahahaha, sorry if that's too much to say. :)

But yeh, sorry if I grossed anyone out

You're funny, nah, it doesn't gross me out. it's not **my** bed. ;) I'm not a total germaphobe, but, I definitely wash my sheets often. but, hey, this is why i asked the question, i figured it'd be interesting to hear other's thoughts...

Jadapit
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I wash my sheets at least once a week because the fur kids are on my bed a lot. I hang my sheets on the line to dry, they smell so good when you do that. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't know, maybe once every two to three weeks. They're never dirty though, they always look the same and they never smell bad, I just wash them because I feel like it. Tango sleeps on top of her own blanket at the foot of my bed and she's also a very clean dog (well, she does shed but I do't mind) so I don't worry about her getting my sheets or anything dirty..

Shelteez2
06-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I love clean sheet day. That being said... I can't remember when I washed my sheets last. But before you get grossed out know that I house sit a lot so I haven't actually been home and lying in my own sheets. lol

My boyfriend cleans his sheets every other Sunday and that works for me. lol

buckner
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
You're funny, nah, it doesn't gross me out. it's not **my** bed. ;) I'm not a total germaphobe, but, I definitely wash my sheets often. but, hey, this is why i asked the question, i figured it'd be interesting to hear other's thoughts... I'm a germaphobe about certain things and get grossed out about certain things. But my sheets? They don't gross me out. :P My sheets *ARE* clean, because I shower at night. If I shower in the morning, if just because I want to wake up quickly. If I don't shower at night, it's because I've been in my jammies all day. :P And, I don't do anything **wink wink, nudge nudge** in my bed, so they're clean in those terms too. ;) So no "special" things, no animals, and showering makes for clean sheets! LOL

Sevaede
06-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Once a week, at least. I think they start to smell funny, otherwise. All five of us sleep together as well. Two hoomans and three cats. :D :o

Grace
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I change the sheets once a week. We use flannel in the winter and knit in the summer. I have several sets of both types, so it's no big deal.

prechrswife
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Once a week for us, too.

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I like clean sheet day. :) And, someone told me today that even when you shower, your skin's oils are in the sheets over night. I don't know, though, like I said, I'm not really afraid of germs too much. I know sheets are dirty even when they don't smell, but, I used to not care. ;)

sammy101
06-12-2006, 10:25 PM
once a week. :)

dogzr#1
06-12-2006, 11:06 PM
You guys make me feel like a pig! I was mine about once every couple of months :o Only because my mom makes me. Astra and/or Molly sleep with me and even then I don't mind having dirty sheets. They feel softer that way. I don't really like how 'new' sheets feel. To me they feel all paper-y. I don't know, I'm just weird like that.

MariaM
06-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Lol... wellllllllll don't feel bad anyone, I'm the worst.

I didn't even know what the PURPOSE of sheets were until recently and didn't really use them because I didn't like them lol. :o

shais_mom
06-13-2006, 12:36 AM
usually religiously once a week b/c I love the feel of clean sheets - I spray a little of linen spray or fabric refresher like Febreeze or ALL and sprinkle baby powder over them.
Clean sheet day rocks.

catnapper
06-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Usually every week. Sometimes more based on the amount of shedding in the room, sometimes less. I think the last set took two weeks before I changed them -- out of pure laziness!

PS: Guess what's in the washer right now? Sheets! I had to laugh when I saw you ask this just as I was washing them.

sirrahbed
06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
...I love the feel of clean sheets - I spray a little of linen spray or fabric refresher like Febreeze...
same here Staci - I love the linen spray (BBW vanilla lavender or clean linen here) and have to take a fresh shower right before I get in to really enjoy those clean sheets. Clean sheet day is definetely the best - one of life's simple pleasures! :D

Logan
06-13-2006, 08:59 AM
I have multiple sets of sheets, but use the same ones, over and over on our bed. I wash them every week, sometimes more often. We always shower before going to bed, but still, I love clean sheets!!!

Logan

lv4dogs
06-13-2006, 09:05 AM
I try to wash them at least once a week but sometimes I slack. They never go any longer than 3 weeks without a wash.

Kaige, Raustyk & Indy will sometimes jump up to say hi or sleep on the bed during the day but they don't really sleep with us at night. So the sheets don't really get dirty or hairy.
Mako will sleep with me at night though but she only takes up a small amount of space & always sleeps in the same spot.

pitc9
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
You guys make me feel like a pig!

Me too!!!

I guess I wash mine... every other month, except during mud season, then I wash them everytime Sierra gets her muddy paws on them (because I don't always make my bed :o) Now my blankets.... they get washed more often because Sierra dries herself off on my bed all the time! :p

jackie
06-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Every saturday.

Do you know how many dust motes and such grow in your bed? :eek:

Uabassoon
06-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I try to wash my sheets every other week, but it doesn't always work out that way :D

Karen
06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
We wash them frequently because, among other things, I have a huge dust mite allergy. Massive. Causes allergy professionals to gape. Dust mites feed off human skin cells, which are sloughed off your body onto your bedding when you are asleep.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
It depends!
Top sheets: every month
Bottom sheets: every 2 weeks
Pillow cases: every week

pitc9
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Do you know how many dust mites and such grow in your bed? :eek:

But do you know how many lazy mites I have in my body!! :p :D

I think after reading everyone's replies I'm going to start washing sheets every Sunday!!

finn's mom
06-13-2006, 01:55 PM
But do you know how many lazy mites I have in my body!! :p :D

I think after reading everyone's replies I'm going to start washing sheets every Sunday!!

hahaha, that made me laugh, thanks! and, the thing is, it's seriously an easy, easy chore. especially if you wash the sheets and put them straight back onto the bed. if you have multiple sets and are folding clean ones, that's a different story. ;) i despise folding sheets. but, pulling them off, throwing them in, putting them back on...it's a cinch. ;) but, yeah, thanks again for the laugh. i have lots of lazy mites, too!

Suki Wingy
06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
:o Once or twice a year, maybe? Seriously. :o
That used to be me and then one day I was like, "Ew, I think I can feel my hair greese on my pillow case!" lol

Suki Wingy
06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
We wash them frequently because, among other things, I have a huge dust mite allergy. Massive. Causes allergy professionals to gape. Dust mites feed off human skin cells, which are sloughed off your body onto your bedding when you are asleep.
Hey, I'm allergic too, that's another reason why I started washing them more often.

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 02:28 PM
once a week!!!! every saturday whether we want to or not we clean the house top to bottom!! seriously! it takes all day so normally we don't do anything on saturdays except clean.

Glacier
06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Generally once a week, sometimes more often. More often usually means cat puke or Boots left me a mouse on the bed! Such a sweet kitty! :rolleyes:

Rachel
06-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Dirty sheets are a small price to pay to have them sleep with me.

Once a week washed here and since one of my dogs likes to sleep under the covers, there can be a bit of grass,etc. which gets brushed out when the bed is made each day

molucass
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
We wash ours about twice a month.... We have a few sets, and when one gets dirty, we put a new set on there, and wash the one thats dirty...

mruffruff
06-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Weekly. I used to wash the spread twice a week, but Samson doesn't sleep on the bed much any more so it stays fairly clean.

I always wondered about this subject too. Glad I'm fairly normal.