PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good food?

Sevaede
06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Nature's Variety Prairie Beef Meal & Barley . That is what my sister says that her dogs are getting (She is 13, though, so it isn't her decision about what the pooches get.). Biggles is a red mini doxie mix about six or seven years old and Yoda is a purebred standard doxie about 1 year.

Just curious. I was going to make some suggestions, otherwise. Thank you!

bckrazy
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Nature's Variety Prairie is a VERY good kibble! It is one of the best dry dog foods out there. It has lots of good meat proteins and uses oatmeal & barley as the only carb ingredients. I would prefer the chicken or lamb formulas, because the beef that kibble companies use can be a common allergen and/or poor quality.

Main Ingredients: Beef Meal, Barley, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Flaxseed Meal

I prefer their raw & freeze dried foods, but all of them are good food for any size/breed/age dog. Check out their website to see all of their products... http://www.naturesvariety.com

Kfamr
06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Nature's Variety is a VERY good food!

I would personally feed one of their chicken formulas, though, as a lot of beefs used in dog food are of poor quality.

*edit* Erica O.O
Great minds think alike, eh?

bckrazy
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
*edit* Erica O.O
Great minds think alike, eh?

LOL! Yes, definitely :)

Sevaede
06-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Wow, thank you both! :D

I had looked at their web site before posting but I prefer to ask people. :D

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 09:59 AM
there is a thread on dog food and grading it. You should go there :)