PDA

View Full Version : a Major breakthrough with Misty!

cali
06-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Misty has FINALLY grown up, and yesterday I started seriously working on obedience, she actually seems to really enjot it, so I would love to compete sometime. anyway I was mostly working with her in the house, but she has always had a perfect heel in the house lol so it never prooved anything. so today I took her outside to practice....and, drum roll please...... MIsty heeled PERFECTLY, and if I stoped and she sat to far to the side, I said "better" and she hopped into a perfect heel position, she matched all my paces and turned with me, had a perfect automatic sit, and a good "front" , she even did a stand for exam! for those that have not followed Misty, I have been trying for YEARS to get her to heel outside of my house, I tried every methode in the book and nothing worked, we only had small breakthroughs where the methode seemed to be working but all of then went to heck and never actually worked. tonight when Misty started to rush a head a little I stopped and she leaped into her heel position! I could not believe it, I am so proud of her! she has finally started to show some maturety :D

cali
06-13-2006, 10:46 AM
bump :(

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 10:53 AM
that is so cool I have been out over the weekend and didn't see this thread!!! :D :p Doesn't it feel good when your dog does what you telli to when you tell it to do it? :)

Chilli
06-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Good job, Misty! We're very proud of you. :D Now you can come over to my house and try to teach my boys something. ;)

cali
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
gah! obstical in my path of competing with misty. she is a pure bred unregistered BC, the Canadian KC does not recignized BCs and the only way I can get Misty a UKC LP number is with proof of spay. Misty is intact as I plan to breed her.