PDA

View Full Version : Songs for a Baby Video

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I want to make a video of Cali (nothing fancy - just using MS Moviemaker) - basically just a montage of short video clips interspersed with slideshows of photos. This is as a surprise for my Mum and Dad, because they are going to see our family in the UK in August, and I thought it would be nice to show my cousins etc.

Anyway, I am looking for suggestions for a few nice songs to play in the background - preferably ones which reflect the subject - a beautiful little girl / love etc

Of course I already have "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder on the list - does anyone have any other ideas?

ETA - just thought of another - "For Your Babies" by Simply Red

Killearn Kitties
06-12-2006, 06:49 AM
:D :D "Isn't she lovely" was my ONLY thought. If I have another, I'll let you know!

Samantha Puppy
06-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Full songs or snippets? You could always use the beginning verse of "Butterfly Kisses" if you're talking snippets of songs. It's for little girls, not babies, but it's still sweet.

"There's two things I know for sure
She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank god for all the joy in my life

Oh, but most of all

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
In all that I've done wrong I know I must
have done something right to deserve a hug
every morning and butterfly kisses at night."

prechrswife
06-12-2006, 08:53 AM
There is a Christian song by Mark Harris called "Find Your Wings" that is great. Just have your tissues handy. It is available on iTunes. The group we will be traveling with to China is tossing around the idea of making this our "group song." I also know someone who has this on their website. I can PM you the link to that if you want. I just don't want to post it publicly since it isn't my site.

There is also a country song by Martina McBride called "In My Daughter's Eyes." Here are the lyrics:

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/martina-mcbride/in-my-daughters-eyes-531.html

Lobodeb
06-12-2006, 10:45 AM
"You Are So Beautiful to Me" I don't remember who sings it, though.
"Angel of Mine" by Monica

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Great suggestions!! Thanks!

Dusty - could you PM me the link you mentioned!

Thanks for the tissue warning - I am such a sucker for a soppy song!!

prechrswife
06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Sent you a PM. :)

Jods
06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Great Idea!! I'm gonna make one for bri for fathers day.. I like th eisn't she lovely song too! :)

wolfsoul
06-13-2006, 10:53 PM
The song, Star Sweeper, from the Lady and the Tramp soundtrack, is a very beautiful song. Baby's Got Blue Eyes is good too -- not sure if she has blue eyes lol.