PDA

View Full Version : No no no no no no no!

L-A.
05-11-2002, 10:47 PM
:(

BOTH Ashes & Shubunkin just died.. WHY WHY WHY???

Just now, right in my arms!! I can't cope with this!

All I have left is Sassy!!

No no no no no no, I can't deal with this! First Smudgie, now Ashes AND Shuby??

Fuzzy317
05-11-2002, 11:12 PM
I am very, very sorry. I know loosing a pet is very hard, no matter how they are lost. I can only imagine how you must feel to loose them in your arms, but they went out held by a person they love, and that loves them in return. You were there for them in their last moments, so their final thoughts were of being loved.

zippy-kat
05-12-2002, 12:11 AM
I am soooo sorry for your losses!!

Sending you {{hugs}} and prayers!!

Lachesis
05-12-2002, 03:35 AM
Im so sorry to read this :(

Efrat
05-12-2002, 05:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I only now read what you went through with Smudgie, as I missed that post before, and now this... I have tears in my eyes and I feel your pain. Be strong! I know I would die if my babies go... But that's something we can't stop...:(

yorkster
05-12-2002, 05:33 AM
Both your Kitties? That would be so difficult, and I am so sorry to hear this. We will be praying for you. Take care and know that your babies are in Heaven now.

Ann
05-12-2002, 06:13 AM
What the...?!

I'm so sorry to hear this!! What happened? God, I'm so sorry... I don't know what happened, but atleast they got to be in your arms when the passed away...

So sorry :(

Pam
05-12-2002, 06:17 AM
What an unspeakable sorrow! Do you know what happened? Did Smudge have something contagious? I know you mentioned seeing blood in the litterbox. :( We will understand if you don't reply for a while. What a horrible time you must be having. I really think I would stop functioning under the circumstances.

05-12-2002, 07:57 AM
I know LA this must be horrible to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But do you at least know what caused their sudden dead ???? Let a vet do some post-mortum exams , so you will know you're not to blame and you will know if the mothercat was ill or so !! take care !!!!!!!!!!

L-A.
05-12-2002, 11:26 AM
.. a friend's dog.

I never go over to her house because it's filthy. The litter box is overflowing. Baby, a 13-year old cat, is incontinent and her bowels are giving out as well.. She is allowed to go to the bathroom where ever she wants.. Tammy figures since she's not in any OBVIOUS pain, she's not suffering.

Everytime Tammy came and left, there were accidents everywhere... Flexx has never been to the vet, so he could be carrying something contagious that is killing off my cats... The vet is doing a post-mortem tomorrow, and I've called the local air quality people... They're coming tomorrow to see if I need a 'sweep' done. It is VERY expensive (donations are accepted j/k :) ), but it will do is kill any airborne virus in the house and is residual for up to 2 weeks. Myself, my husband, Sassy and Cookie the mouse have to stay at my Mum's for 48 hours. There are no harmful pesticides or smells that would/could cause any damage to us or Sassy...

Needless to say, she is not my friend anymore...

I am just... beside myself..

cavialova
05-12-2002, 11:37 AM
so sorry to read about this:(

Ann
05-12-2002, 02:03 PM
God, that's awful... I wish there was something I could do :( Sorry...

Randi
05-12-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by L-A.
I never go over to her house because it's filthy. The litter box is overflowing. Baby, a 13-year old cat, is incontinent and her bowels are giving out as well.. She is allowed to go to the bathroom where ever she wants.. Tammy figures since she's not in any OBVIOUS pain, she's not suffering.

Everytime Tammy came and left, there were accidents everywhere... Flexx has never been to the vet, so he could be carrying something contagious that is killing off my cats... It is VERY expensive (donations are accepted j/k :) ),

What on earth is going on here??? I really feel sorry for these cats!!! It sounds like at least one of them was suffering from bladder stones. That is something which needs attention immediately!!! In this case, a cat can die within 24 hours if not taken to the vet!!

If you have any animals left, you MUST read about animal diseases and learn what to do!! Good luck in the future!!

Horrible!! :(

Heather Wallace
05-12-2002, 02:16 PM
Yes it must be a horible thing to go through and we all feel sorry for you that so much seems to be going wrong. Don't despair to much as it will all sort itself out soon. We are always here to listen, Im sure you know that already.

Please keep us updated on any progress.

Best Wishes to you!

lynnestankard
05-12-2002, 02:59 PM
LA my heart just aches for you. Sorry is such a little word - it's all I can say. I feel so sad for you {{{{{L.A}}}}} xxxx

Lynne

Logan
05-12-2002, 03:36 PM
I have 1000 questions, but I'll bite my tongue for now because I know you must be grieving terribly. I just don't understand how your cats caught something from your friend's house. :confused: I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss this week. I'm so glad you are having the autopsies done. It will help you to understand what has happened, so there won't be any reoccurence. In the meantime, can Sassy go ahead to your mother's house? Just in case there is a problem in your home?

Please know that you are in our prayers, L-A. :(

gini
05-12-2002, 04:09 PM
There simply are not enough words available to express my deep sorrow for the latest loss you have experienced.

Please, please keep us all up to date on this situation. I feel strongly that there is something here that we can all learn from.

In the meantime, my heart goes out to you and your family.

L-A.
05-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Flexx was abused by his previous owner and has NEVER seen a vet...

I read that virii and stuff can be transported from animal to animal by saliva, and me, being the stupid one, forgot to give fresh water in the cat's water bowl after Flexx took a drink from it.

The size difference between Flexx (who's a huge Rottie) and a little kitty is grand... I told her to take Flexx to a vet, because he's next.. and if she can't afford a vet, then take him to the Humane Society because she shouldn't have a pet she can't afford to take care of..

Sassy right now is at the vets because my Mum has three cats of her own, and if Sassy has it, I don't want to kill Mum's cats, too.. Sass just had bloodwork done, so I should know within a couple hours if it's something...

I just can't wait for the air guy to come tomorrow..

Pam
05-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Oh L-A I certainly hope that Sassy's blood work will be OK. I am relieved that she is at the vet in case she should start showing any signs of illness. That way she can be treated immediately. I guess first they must determine what form of virus/bacteria is the culprit. I just can't believe you are going through this. To lose one pet is devastating but to lose two more so soon after would be more than I could bear. I pray that God will give you strength to get through this. You must be so brokenhearted.

sasvermont
05-12-2002, 04:55 PM
L.A., my heart goes out to you and your husband. I just can't imagine having that many pets pass away in such a short period of time. I hope they did not suffer. It really gives me pause. It could be any of us to have the same thing happen. Please let us know what you find out. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

SAS

tatsxxx11
05-12-2002, 05:07 PM
What an unimaginable horror. Oh, I can't express well enough to you my saddness. I can't fathom losing two of my babies so suddenly. Try to be strong and hold tight to your family. My prayers are with you. Please know that so many of us are grieving along with you. I'm so, so sorry.:(

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2002, 08:03 PM
L-A, I'm so sorry to here about your loss. I'm sitting here shedding tears for you and your family. I can't imagine losing that many pets in such a short period of time. I'd be devastated and unable to function. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Please keep us posted on the results of the autopsies. I'm so glad that you still have Sassy.

rg_girlca
05-12-2002, 11:25 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth Spencer. This is just too sad beyond words, L-A my heart goes out to you. I hope things turn out okay for Sassy.

Pam
05-13-2002, 06:12 AM
L-A, Have you heard anything regarding Sassy's blood work yet? You are on my mind so much this morning. :(

sirocco
05-13-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Pam
L-A, Have you heard anything regarding Sassy's blood work yet? You are on my mind so much this morning. :(

Dear L-A, I haven't posted here before - I just couldn't find the words... but I woke up this morning thinking of you and Sassy? How are you both doing? I wish I could do more than just asking... :(

{{{L-A}}}

Nita

Gio
05-13-2002, 07:09 AM
What devastating news. I don't have any words to express how sorry I am. I wish I I could be there with you to try to help you out on this.

purrley
05-13-2002, 08:47 AM
This is so incredibly sad, there arent words to express how sorrowful I feel:( :( My prayers are with you!!!

L-A.
05-13-2002, 09:53 AM
... Shuby and Ashes had Feline Enteric Coronavirus with Encephalitis. He said it can be passed from canine to feline orally. Mortality is low for canines but high for felines... Sassy is being treated for it.. I don't know when I'll be able to go see her because she's hooked up to an IV.. :(

The air guy is supposed to come at noon... It won't hurt to get the 'sweep' thing done...

I'm in the process of opening an auction site, I have a feeling I'm going to be opening it sooner and marketing it like crazy.. My fees are MUCH lower than eBay and I need money to pay for this... I can't bear to lose Sassafras at all... I'm bearly functioning as it is...

My family doctor had to up my meds as I have ADD (not Attention Deficit Disorder, I have Authoritative Defiance Disorder), OCD and am mentally unstable, so he's got me on straight Lithium now... (oh, the joys of being certifiable.. )

Thank you all for your well wishes..

Love & Hugs,

L-A, the ghosts of Smudgie, Ashes, and Shubunkin, and the spirit of Sassy..

lynnestankard
05-13-2002, 03:43 PM
Oh LA {{{{{{{xxxx}}}}}}}

Lynne

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-13-2002, 07:54 PM
what terrible news. I am so sorry you had such a horrible loss. **hugs to you and Sassy** :( :(

cavialova
05-13-2002, 07:58 PM
LA...........!!! be strong! i know you can get trough this.

hugs from the pigs {{{{hugs}}}}:(

momoffuzzyfaces
05-14-2002, 04:19 PM
LA, I can not imagine what you are going through. You and Sassy are in my prayers.

daisy
05-14-2002, 05:17 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss...I was a total mess when I had to put my cat Cherry down for poisoning, after the vet determined there was nothing he could do for her...I cannot imagine what it would be like to face other losses so soon! For me the loss was so great, I could not imagine being happy again, but I mourned as long as I needed to, and the pain diminished in time. Keep your faith in the future, and take your time to grieve; don't be surprised at your ability to heal after this tragedy.

wolflady
05-14-2002, 06:51 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!
{{{{{{{{L-A}}}}}}}}
I'm so sorry for this terrible loss, and so soon after your precious Smudgie!! I can't even begin to fathom this terrible tragedy. Do know that you have a circle of friends here at Pet Talk, and we're all here praying for you and your family and we're here for moral support too. We'll help you through this...

**hugs**

L-A.
05-14-2002, 07:27 PM
... I'm going to try and see Sassy tomorrow.. I know I'll lose it as soon as I see her hooked up to the IV, but I think I should go because I want her to know Mummy loves her, and so does Daddy...

I know as soon as she sees my bright red hair she'll perk up... She loves the red and she loves the dark pink I use..

I have a puppy to look forward to in the fall, but I had a mental picture of 4 cats and a doggie 'rough & tumbling'... Cookie the mouse seems to be unaffected, she's going around in her squeeky wheel right now.. :)

All I can say is my Sassafras Rustbucket will be spoiled rotten..