PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, I wish I could adopt these 2 handsome hound boys. **UPDATE**.

luvofallhorses
06-11-2006, 01:16 PM
this is Buddy. He has been to the shelter twice before since he has been picked up by the ACO. the lady who runs the shelter contacted his owners and they said they don't want him anymore. :mad:
He is around 11 years, he may be less than that..I am in love with this boy and if Buster wasn't so friggen dominant and we had room, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
He's a sweetheart and I just love him. I think the lady who runs the shelter contacted a hound rescue, so they may take him. He hates it at the shelter, which I can't say I blame him.
http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0195.jpg
http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0195.html

and this is Copper. his owner wanted to turn him in since he said he can't have him anymore. :rolleyes:
but basically the shelter only takes animals that the ACO picks up. If they have room, they can take them..but they probably can't take him until Tuesday, unless he finds a home by then..
he is sweet. The guy thought he was a bloodhound, lol. He is a red boned coonhound and such a handsome boy.
http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-Copper.jpg
http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-Copper.html

*sigh* I wish I could friggen adopt them. :( hopefully the both of them will find the home of their dreams. They definately deserve it! btw they aren't in any danger, since the shelter where I volunteer is non-kill. :)

gemini9961
06-11-2006, 01:19 PM
They are very handsome Krista. Perhaps we should have a PT Rescue group and all PT'ers adopt and rescue. There are many pups I would take in a heartbeat, had I the room and money.

elizabethann
06-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Those are some beautiful looking dogs.

lbaker
06-11-2006, 02:17 PM
I need a hound and want Copper. If I were closer he would be mine right now. This is exactly the dog I'm looking for.

luvofallhorses
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I need a hound and want Copper. If I were closer he would be mine right now. This is exactly the dog I'm looking for.

well come and get him! ;) :D good luck on your search.. I LOVE hounds! :D My Buster is a hound. :) If you want I can help you look for a hound on petfinder. :)

lute
06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
those are some cute hounds! :) i hope they get adopted!

chocolatepuppy
06-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Both of them are adorable! Hopefully they'll find a home soon. :)

Chilli
06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Those two are absolutely gorgeous! I have such a soft spot for hounds... and those guys are stealing my heart!
I love Redbones, they're my most favorite hound (my cousin used to breed them for hunting).
I hope they both get wonderful homes soon!

WarahGirl1995
06-11-2006, 05:20 PM
i cant say i blame you for wanting thoughs boys they look very cute. I hope they find a home :)

luvofallhorses
06-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Those two are absolutely gorgeous! I have such a soft spot for hounds... and those guys are stealing my heart!
I love Redbones, they're my most favorite hound (my cousin used to breed them for hunting).
I hope they both get wonderful homes soon!

hehe, I have a soft spot for them, too! :D Buster is a hound of course and growing up we had a basset hound/beagle named Buddy. :) I really hope they find the homes of their dreams soon.

finn's mom
06-11-2006, 11:36 PM

You can always do a transport! Especially if he's what you're looking for! :)

luvofallhorses
06-11-2006, 11:45 PM
You can always do a transport! Especially if he's what you're looking for! :)

yeah, she could. :) but Copper isn't at the shelter at the moment since we have to leave room open for when the ACO comes with dogs.. but if he doesn't find a home by Tuesday, I think he is coming to the shelter.

finn's mom
06-11-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah, she could. :) but Copper isn't at the shelter at the moment since we have to leave room open for when the ACO comes with dogs.. but if he doesn't find a home by Tuesday, I think he is coming to the shelter.

yeah, i got that. i just meant that if he was available, that could be an option and a way to get him to her if he was right for her. :)

luvofallhorses
06-13-2006, 06:36 PM
I have some bad news. Buddy escaped this morning by digging under the gate so he could get out. :( We can't find him and Erin (lady who runs the shelter) said he'd come back or hopefully someone will take him in and keep him.

Ginger's Mom
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear about Buddy. Guess that is how he kept getting out of his old home, too. I hope he finds the perfect home for himself. Let me know if I can help with the transport to MD. ;)

Miss Z
06-14-2006, 01:22 AM
I hope you find him!!! Sending big ((hugs)) to you and thoughts for Buddy.

shihtzulover850
06-14-2006, 01:00 PM
aww what cuties! i am sorry about buddy!

zoomer
06-14-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Buddy, I wish I could adopt him, too. Prayers and thoughts will be sent for him to find a home.

luvofallhorses
06-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Buddy is back! but I am pissed at the guys that brought him back. apparently their room mate moved out and they promised they'd take care of Buddy. My friggen a** ! :mad: Buddy made his way back up there and Erin (lady who runs the shelter) went to go see how Buddy was. She told me that there was beer cans everywhere and a keg. :eek: she told them they better have Buddy back at the shelter between 1 and 4 today. They brought him back and when he came in about a week ago; he had an infencted eye. They said he just got it. BULLCRAP!! :mad: and Erin told them that they needed to take him to the vet. His eye looks like crap. :( she put them on the DNA list. ugh, people! :mad: atleast he's safe now. I just wish so friggen bad I could give him a home. I really love that boy.

chocolatepuppy
06-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Krista, I'm so glad Buddy is back safe. I hope he finds a wonderful home.