PDA

View Full Version : Cornfield

lute
06-10-2006, 10:15 PM
There was a very small carnival at the local grocery store parking lot. kind of an odd place to have a carnival. i LOVE carnival food so i went to get a corn dog and lemon shake up! i left with my food and a puppy....yup, a puppy.

a carnie(sp) lady ran up to me seeing my "have you hugged your dog today?" shirt. she asked if i wanted a puppy. that is such a dumb question to ask! :rolleyes: she said her Beagle got pregnant and this was the only puppy that lived. she abandoned the momma dog and kept the puppy. :mad: she said the puppy screamed way too much. the carnie said she was going to leave the puppy in the corn field across the street when they left this evening. i told her i couldn't let her do that i took the puppy. the lady said the puppy's name was Cornfield.

when i got home i took a good look at the puppy. she is only about 5 weeks old!!! :mad: :mad: she is dirty, has worms, flea infested, has a bad hernia, and has really pale gums. i gave her a bath and she's all dried off and asleep on the couch. i went out and bought her a new collar, dry puppy food and some canned food. hopefully when she wakes up she'll eat a little something.

if anyone is looking for a beagle mix puppy e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 812-789-3905.

PS. i'll have pics tomorrow. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Aww :(. That's terribly sad. I hope you find her a good home!

dab_20
06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
That lady makes me sick. :mad: I hope she's ok, poor little girl. That was so good of you to take her in. Hope she finds a good, loving home.

sammy101
06-10-2006, 10:53 PM
thats terrible! :( Poor thing. I cant wait for pictures though!

animal_rescue
06-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Aww poor sweet girl! I hope she finds the loving home she deserves!

Karen
06-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Awww, poor thing! Get her to the vet on Monday - too-pale gums are not a good sign.

K9karen
06-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Poor thing. Saddens me terribly. believe me, if I could,I would take her immediately. Praying she finds a good home and much needed medical attention!

zoomer
06-10-2006, 11:17 PM
What a sick lady :mad: That poor puppy, how abusive!

I hope you find a home for him soon, but if you don't, what are you going to do? Keep him?

lute
06-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Karen, i'm taking her in on monday. her gums have gotten some color in the past few miutes. she's becomming more active and starting to eat. right now she's playing with a rope toy. she has the most adorable bark! :D

BC_MoM
06-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks for taking in the poor pup! Do you know where she dropped the momma off? :(

zoomer
06-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Karen, i'm taking her in on monday. her gums have gotten some color in the past few miutes. she's becomming more active and starting to eat. right now she's playing with a rope toy. she has the most adorable bark! :D

She sounds like such a sweetie, so you're keeping her? I'm glad she's okay. Are you going to leave her name the way it is or rename her?

lute
06-11-2006, 01:33 PM
She sounds like such a sweetie, so you're keeping her? I'm glad she's okay. Are you going to leave her name the way it is or rename her?

no we aren't keeping her. we would if we weren't expecing the dane puppy in August. i will be keeping her until she is 7-8 weeks old and then try and find a home for her. we are keeping her name. it's kinda cute. :)

Thanks for taking in the poor pup! Do you know where she dropped the momma off?
i have no idea. where ever they had the carnival last. they would have abandoned her a week ago. i hope someone found her and is giving her a place to live her life out with no more babies and abusive people.

pics comming later today. we are getting ready to have a b-day party.

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 02:00 PM
*GASP* How cruel!!!!! Why on earth would anyone do that!!!!!! :mad: poor thing