PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play this?

zoomer
06-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone play Neopets (http://www.neopets.com)? I've played it before when I was younger but barely ever play it now, does anyone play it though?

Sevaede
06-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow. I haven't played Neopets since before Donna and Adam sold it to Viacom. I was playing way back when they started before all the map changes and items changes, way back when the art was, how shall we say,... not the greatest. I was thinking about playing it again but I don't know. I don't like how they have the forums set up or anything.

zoomer
06-10-2006, 11:46 PM
They sold it? Why?

Argranade
06-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I went on that site like what 2 years ago but everyone else found it amazing but for me meh sitting in my backyard on the roof looking at birds was way more fun. :p

IRescue452
06-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I used to. When I started it was a lot more user friendly. You didn't have to play for hours and pit people against each other for "rare" items. Now you've got a few item "rich" people who hoard things and players can't get anything fun. I think the makers forget that this is a GAME and is supposed to be fun. They really made it so its an unfriendly competition to get more things.

joanofark
06-11-2006, 10:54 AM
I do every once in a while....... I'm Paws_n_hoofs :)

Sevaede
06-11-2006, 11:57 PM
They sold it? Why?

I can't quite remember. A friend informed me so I will probably have to go searching through my livejournal entries.

A wild guess, opportunity and money?

Sevaede
06-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I used to. When I started it was a lot more user friendly. You didn't have to play for hours and pit people against each other for "rare" items. Now you've got a few item "rich" people who hoard things and players can't get anything fun. I think the makers forget that this is a GAME and is supposed to be fun. They really made it so its an unfriendly competition to get more things.

I agree.