PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Connection Help --- FIXED

Edwina's Secretary
06-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I have a wireless network in my home. I have a laptop I use on that wireless network.

I know the network is performing....my husband is using it with his laptop right now.

My laptop says....no networks available. And it asks if I have my wireless connection turned on.

Last weekend we installed an update to my Windows to XP 2003.

Does anyone know what I should do? (Beside throw the SOB out the window???) :mad: :mad: :mad:

G535
06-10-2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.laptop.uwaterloo.ca/help/users_wireless_troubleshoot_list.html

You might find some help there, plenty of things to check though.

gini
06-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Sara, from time to time I also have this trouble. This seems so simple, but it has worked for me.

Try going to the point where it is plugged in.........(the master connection)
and unplug it.............then plug it back in.

My client has three laptops - all in use at the same time and he has done the same thing and it fixes the problem.

Hope that helps.

AbbyMom
06-11-2006, 09:45 AM
This exact same thing happened to me and I spent hours doing the turn-off turn-on, plug-out plug-in thing.

It turned out there's a little button on the front of my laptop that disables the wireless connection and that I had accidentally hit it while moving the laptop away from Abby (who is insanely jealous over the laptop).

Anyway, I got the same messages asking me to check my wireless connection and apparently it was referring to the button. Once the button was pressed, I was back in business.

Good luck!

Lady's Human
06-11-2006, 11:42 AM
ES, easiets way to solve it is unplug the router for a couple minutes. This lets the modem completely lose power, and resets it. Try it again it should work.

Randi
06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Sara, I can't add anything, but this sounds like excellent advice. Hope you get it back on, or .... you'll just have to sit inside the house. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2006, 01:32 PM
And the prize goes to.....Abbymom (what do you expect... a Chicagoan :D :D )

I knew it couldn't be the network as Don is successfully on it.

So I dusted off the never-read User's Guide.....found the button for connecting wireless network and ...voila....I am typing this on it!

Thank you all!

lizbud
06-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, you know what they say, " when all else fails, read the manual" :D
I'm glad you got it fixed. :)

AbbyMom
06-11-2006, 04:19 PM
So I dusted off the never-read User's Guide.....found the button for connecting wireless network and ...voila....I am typing this on it!

:D As one who writes software documentation and on-line Help for a living, I can't tell you how pleased I am you LOOKED AT THE USER'S GUIDE!!!! Yea!!

:D :D

kuhio98
06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
So I dusted off the never-read User's Guide.....found the button for connecting wireless network and ...voila....I am typing this on it!I'm impressed you still had the User's Guide. They are automatically thrown out around here. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-12-2006, 09:59 AM
:D I can't tell you how pleased I am you LOOKED AT THE USER'S GUIDE!!!! Yea!!

Can't tell you how AMAZED I am that Sara READ A USER'S GUIDE! ;) :D :D Amazing what you can learn from them. ;)

Sorry, wasn't online all weekend so I didn't see this, but glad it was a simple fix.....once the user's guide was consulted. ;)

SO glad you're back up and running though, because Barbara is there by now and we MUST have pictures! :D