PDA

View Full Version : Bark-O-Meter to Translate Fido's Woofs...

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Cinder & Smokey here ~

We wunt Dad to getz a cupla these thingies ~
since he kant seem to get the drift of what we're sayin sumtimez...

From MSNBC (with Photo) (http://www.msnbc.com/news/750404.asp?0nm=C14K)

"May 10 — Dr. Dolittle might have not have been able to get animals to talk so that other people could hear them, but perhaps Japanese toy maker Takara can. The company on Thursday unveiled a gadget called Bowlingual, which scrutinizes and translates a dog’s barks into expressions such as “I’ve had enough” or “I’m a little bored, let’s play.”

THE GIZMO WAS tested on a dog at the Tokyo Toy Show, an annual event featuring electronic games, collectibles and dolls from all over the world. The four-day event ends Sunday.
Bowlingual consists of a wireless microphone, which is attached to a dog’s collar, and a terminal that analyzes and matches each “woof” with a set of preprogrammed phrases.

According to Takara, the device detects feelings —
including happiness, frustration and sadness - and displays the associated expressions on the terminal’s screen. Bowlingual can also be used to record a dog’s mood throughout the day when owners are away from home. A prototype of the device was unveiled last August with the intention of helping dog owners better comprehend their pets.

Bowlingual has a recommended retail price of $100 (12,800 yen). The company could not confirm commercial availability.

It’s not known whether Takara is adapting the device to be used with cats."

:D

Sudilar
05-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Verrrrrry interesting! Killi and Shi talk too much as it is!!

Gio
05-13-2002, 04:37 AM
I did hear about this. It made me wonder whether it does work. I'd like to see it in action :D

Corinna
05-13-2002, 09:20 AM
I'm not sure Merlin needs one either. He is on a diet and would I ever hear about it. He's like me GRUMPY while on a diet.