PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Willow?

RobiLee
06-09-2006, 09:42 PM
I have a neighbor behind me that does rescue work and one of her foster dogs is a sweetie called Willow. I fell for Willow the first time I saw her. She is a pretty lab mix with white paws and a white tip on her tail. When Katie and Tori are outside playing Willow will usually sit and watch them with her tail wagging away. I was outside taking pictures of Katie and Tori when Willow came out to the fence. I snapped a few pics of her from a distance because that is the only way I can really see her, so it wasn't until I uploaded the pictures on the computer that I saw Willow has a big boo boo :eek: . I was shocked and wanted to cry for her. What happened to Willow? I sure do hope that she is ok and everything heals up. Now I'll be watching for my neighbor to be outside so I can find out what happened.

I'm attaching the pics of her. Isn't she pretty? Here is the RESCUE (http://www.causeforpawsrescue.com/cfpdogs.html) site with Willow's picture and story on it.

Cincy'sMom
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Poor Willow!! She sure is a cutie! Hope she will heal quickly!

There are some adorable dogs on the rescue site...I love Bandit (surprise!) and Trooper had the coolest ears!

luvofallhorses
06-09-2006, 09:53 PM
poor Willow! :( I hope she'll be okay. (((Willow)))

lute
06-09-2006, 09:56 PM
awww...she is really cute. i wonder wha happend to her. was she always like this?

cyber-sibes
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Robin, are those stictches on her chest? It looks shaved. :confused: Poor girl.

Ginger's Mom
06-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Aww, poor Willow. Yes she is a pretty girl. I hope her boo-boo heals up well. They have several dog on that website that I wouldn't mind having. It's nice that they have so many people who can foster for them.

joycenalex
06-10-2006, 05:08 PM
okay i need to know, what happened to willow? geez if peanut weren't such an alpha female.....

RobiLee
06-10-2006, 05:15 PM
I talked to Eva (neighbor/rescue lady) and it seems that Willow was running around and playing and not paying attention to where she was and slammed into the gate that has a bolt that sticks out to latch it and she pretty much stabbed herself on it. She does has stitches and a drainage tube just came out yesterday. She is healing up well and she is just fine. Eva said she did some work on the latch to prevent it from happening again. She also told me that she just had to put a dog down the other day because he had gotten very sick and the disease had spread to his brain. I honestly don't know how all you good rescue and foster folks do it. I think it would tear me up inside. I would love to take Willow but Alden says NO. He insists that when we get another dog it will be a male akita. I mentioned that there were alot of male akitas in rescue groups and even found one that I thought was beautiful, but he doesn't want an adult. Seeing how akitas can be a difficult breed he wants to raise it from puppyhood. I swear that someday I will rescue wonderful dog!!

chocolatepuppy
06-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Wow Robin, that must have been a shock to you! I hope Willow recovers quickly, she is very pretty. :)

lute
06-10-2006, 06:37 PM
poor Willow. i hope she gets better soon. rescueing dogs isn't easy by any means, but through all those deaths and hard times the adoptions and breakthroughs are so much more rewarding! :)

i'm sure there will be an akita baby in a rescue for you someday!

zoomer
06-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Poor Willow, he sure is cute though! I hope everything heals up soon...

RobiLee
06-10-2006, 07:09 PM
poor Willow. i hope she gets better soon. rescueing dogs isn't easy by any means, but through all those deaths and hard times the adoptions and breakthroughs are so much more rewarding! :)

i'm sure there will be an akita baby in a rescue for you someday!

You are probably right about the rewarding part, Lute. Eva was also telling me that just last weekend they had an adoption fair somewhere and that 1 adult dog, two puppies and 4 cats were adopted. She said that she was confident that they all went to good homes too. You could see and hear the excitement on her face and in her voice.

As for the akita baby Alden wants to find a good breeder.

K9karen
06-10-2006, 11:25 PM
what a lovely girl! So alert and regal! I'm so amazed how resilient animals are! i know that most are better patients than I am! thanks for the lovely pictures!

zoomer
06-10-2006, 11:30 PM
what a lovely girl! So alert and regal! I'm so amazed how resilient animals are! i know that most are better patients than I am! thanks for the lovely pictures!

I agree :D