PDA

View Full Version : going in

davidpizzica
06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
I have to be at the eye surgeon's office at 1:45 on monday. No food (good grief!) from 12:00 midnight to the surgery. I have to put eye drops in my right eye 4 times a day until the surgery. I'm so ready to have this done!

moosmom
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
You'll come with a whole new "view" on life, right Handsome??? ;)

Karen
06-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, good luck!

And when they say no eating, nothing but water, as hard as it is, they mean it! Gosh, they couldn't give you an early appoitment so you'd only notice skipping breakfast? Our thoughts will be with you!

Get ready to sing it, brother ...

"I can see clearly now the cataract's gone ..."

My older brother said "Who turned up the brightness and saturation on the world?" after he got a cataract removed!

finn's mom
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
wow, that is a long time to go without food. we know you can do it! good luck and can't wait to hear how you're feeling afterwards. be safe and come back soon!

davidpizzica
06-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh, good luck!

And when they say no eating, nothing but water, as hard as it is, they mean it! Gosh, they couldn't give you an early appoitment so you'd only notice skipping breakfast? Our thoughts will be with you!

Get ready to sing it, brother ...

"I can see clearly now the cataract's gone ..."

My older brother said "Who turned up the brightness and saturation on the world?" after he got a cataract removed!
Karen, I'll be singing that, and get ready to groan, "It'll be an eye opening experience!"

carole
06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Good luck my dear friend, I am sure all will go well and you will be happy once it is over and done with, and having your eyesight back to normal will be even better, will be thinking of you Bro, take care and HUGS.

davidpizzica
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM
You'll come with a whole new "view" on life, right Handsome??? ;)
All the better to see you with, my dear!!

gemini9961
06-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Best wishes for you David and a quick and easy recovery. :)

smokey the elder
06-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Isn't fasting like that inconsistent with your diabetes? Anyway, good luck!

JenBKR
06-10-2006, 09:43 AM
YAY it's almost here david! Oh man, all that time without food, that won't be fun.....hey maybe with your new eyes you can drive out and pick up Donna and go to a nice restaurant, ya know you'll be hungry ;)

haha I'm determined to get you two together!!

davidpizzica
06-10-2006, 10:17 AM
YAY it's almost here david! Oh man, all that time without food, that won't be fun.....hey maybe with your new eyes you can drive out and pick up Donna and go to a nice restaurant, ya know you'll be hungry ;)

haha I'm determined to get you two together!!
Jen, you're a very determined young lady! Two days from now I'll be in the back of Max & Erma's! Today I'm volunteering with Cat Sense at Petco.

JenBKR
06-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Jen, you're a very determined young lady! Two days from now I'll be in the back of Max & Erma's! Today I'm volunteering with Cat Sense at Petco.

You betcha I'm determined! haha I'm sure we can figure something out, right? ;)

Pam
06-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Isn't fasting like that inconsistent with your diabetes? Anyway, good luck!

That was my thought too. My boss is an ophthalmologist and does about 12 cataract surgeries a month. He has three cataract surgery days and does four patients on each surgery day. Patients are always scheduled to be at the surgical center around 8:00 AM and diabetic patients are done first. They are allowed sips of their important medications (BP) the morning of surgery but that is all. Are you controlled by a pill which you will be able to take in the morning?

David I will be thinking of you and wishing you well! :)

davidpizzica
06-10-2006, 04:46 PM
That was my thought too. My boss is an ophthalmologist and does about 12 cataract surgeries a month. He has three cataract surgery days and does four patients on each surgery day. Patients are always scheduled to be at the surgical center around 8:00 AM and diabetic patients are done first. They are allowed sips of their important medications (BP) the morning of surgery but that is all. Are you controlled by a pill which you will be able to take in the morning?

David I will be thinking of you and wishing you well! :)
Yes, I take Metformin to control the diabetes.

Rachel
06-11-2006, 09:25 AM
We'll have you on our minds and in our prayers. Just think after this is over you can consult the rest of us who may one day have to undergo this procedure.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
All the better to see you with, my dear!!
Ha Ha! That's just what I was thinking!!! Now you'll be able to see how pretty Donna really is!!!

Lots of prayers for a fast and speedy surgery and recovery from me!!! :D

davidpizzica
06-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Ha Ha! That's just what I was thinking!!! Now you'll be able to see how pretty Donna really is!!!

Lots of prayers for a fast and speedy surgery and recovery from me!!! :D
Thank you, Connie. When this is over, I'll sing a chorus of "I can see clearly, now"!

Pam
06-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Thank you, Connie. When this is over, I'll sing a chorus of "I can see clearly, now"!

David your sense of humor will carry you through! You will probably be told to take your Metformin as you usually do (if it is first thing in the morning they will allow you a sip of water).

We will all be thinking of you and can't wait until you report back that PT comes in so much crisper with your new peeper! :)

Mad Mags Moo
06-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Good luck with the op. :D

davidpizzica
06-11-2006, 05:12 PM
David your sense of humor will carry you through! You will probably be told to take your Metformin as you usually do (if it is first thing in the morning they will allow you a sip of water).

We will all be thinking of you and can't wait until you report back that PT comes in so much crisper with your new peeper! :)
Pam, when I report back in, everything will be in banner headlines! I'll probably be sporting a pair of those funky glasses. The tough part wil be not being able to eat from 12 midnight to the time of surgery!

carole
06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Just wondering how the surgery went my dear friend, please keep us posted, thinking about you and hoping all went well.

davidpizzica
06-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Carole, the operation was a success! I now have two good eyes. I have a brand new lens in my right eye. Everything is a lot clearer and the colors brighter. I love my new eye!