PDA

View Full Version : Hell has Frozen over!

king2005
06-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm getting a RES :mad:

Why so mad? Cause I have to steal him!! His owner is neglecting him to the point he's VERY ill & not eating right at all. His owner even gets him HIGH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll be stealing him this weekend (if the owner isn't around & he usually isn't). He'll be living in a small tank for a few weeks until I can afford to buy him a tote to live in.

I just gor 7 rats & have so little money for this RES. I know I can't provide the best care for him, but it'll be so much better & then once he's healthy I can try to find him a good home. *bangs head off desk in anger* :mad:

JenBKR
06-09-2006, 11:12 AM
whoa, poor thing! Unbelievable that the owner gets him high, what an idiot! :(

lute
06-09-2006, 01:26 PM
i can't believe his owner gets him high! :mad: when i smoke i do it away from the animals! good luck making this poor turtle go "poof"!

Chilli
06-09-2006, 02:42 PM
How can people treat animals like that?! :mad: :mad:
Good luck in stealing him, I'm positive you can provide MUCH better care then what the poor RES is receiving.

king2005
06-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I have some good news. Someone (from the turtle board I belong to) from IL has offered to ship me a UVA/UVB lamp when I can steal the RES. He offered me a 55g tank for free aswell, but there is no way I can get it, as I have no idea where IL is & I'm pretty sure its too far for me to walk too lol...

JenBKR
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, IL would be Illinois, probably too far for you....haha WAYYYY to far to walk. But that's great that you're getting that lamp! How nice! Any idea when you might be able to steal the little guy?

king2005
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, IL would be Illinois, probably too far for you....haha WAYYYY to far to walk. But that's great that you're getting that lamp! How nice! Any idea when you might be able to steal the little guy?

I'm going to aim for Sunday, as we always have a Sunday dinner with his mom.. if not, then sometime during the week, I'll make the plan with him mom & while both boys are at work I'll take off with Slowpoke, drop him off at my place & bus back over, for dinner.

Karen
06-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a plan! Poor Slowpoke - you might have to change his name once he's healthy, as we (you and I at least) know that a healthy turtle can be pretty darned speedy when motivated!

king2005
06-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Sounds like a plan! Poor Slowpoke - you might have to change his name once he's healthy, as we (you and I at least) know that a healthy turtle can be pretty darned speedy when motivated!

SO very true lol, maybe I'll rename him Speedy lol :D