PDA

View Full Version : Cookie recipes, anyone?

Sevaede
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
I am in dire need of some cookie recipes as I have left my gigantic book of recipes back at my parents house in Oregon. :p

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/NBkPntBttrCkisIII.asp

I printed that recipe out after I decided that my huge bag of rolled oats had more than enough for multiple recipes. I remember those types of cookies being sold at snack carts and stands at school except ours were chocolate. I wonder if I could make it with cherry chips? :eek:

Any recipes would be good (preferably, ones that you all have tried and worked or ones that you made up! :D)! So, let's all share some!

Karen
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
This is the cookie recipe I make to bring with me to the DOg Park:

Brown Sugar Bunnies (or doggies, or diamonds or circles or ...):

Sift together:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of salt

Set that aside.

Cream together (you can mix this all together by hand if you don't have a mixer):
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter, softened a bit works easiest
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (3 tablespoons = 1/8 cup)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom (or ginger, or clove - whatever you like!)

until well-mixed and "fluffy"

Add the dry ingredients to the wet, if you're using a mixer, set it at low speed.

If you want, add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Now, if you just want to make round cookies, you can form the dough into a "log" and refrigerate for two hours or so (or overnight, or whatever), then slice 1/3" inch thick ... or ...

Put the dough in a plastic bag, or between sheets of waxed paper and roll out 1/3" inch thick, refrigerate for two hours or so.

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F
Use ungreased cookie sheets (lined with foil or baking parchment if you want)

To make them "sparkly":
In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar or raw sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, when mixed dump it onto a plate.

Use cookie cutters or a knife to shape the cookies from the cold dough.
Using a spatula if they have delicate bits like tails, transfer the cookie shape over to the sugar mix, and press it down.

Then put it, sugar-side up on the cookie sheets. (Now is when you can draw on smiles and eyes, if you want!) You can put the cookies pretty close together, they don't spread much.

Bake for 40 minutes. Leave the cookies on the sheet to cool, or transfer to racks using a spatula - they're fairly breakable at this point.

shihtzulover850
06-09-2006, 01:19 PM
chocolate chip cookies are the best. There is a really really really good recipe on allrecipes. i think it is some thing like beth's cookies or something like that. ;) i don't know

jackie
06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
I :heart: snickerdoodles! Recipe! (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1810,135188-247195,00.html)

Sevaede
06-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks! Both of those recipes look awesome! :D The second one will have to go on hold until I can make it to the store to get shortening, however, they shall still get cooked! :D