PDA

View Full Version : Remember Ingram?

Logan
05-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Here's a picture of him at his foster home!!

http://www.fhgrr.com/Availabledogs/Ingram1.jpg

And here's a little more about him:

Ingram is a 5 - 7 year old neutered male rescued from a local shelter. He is now in a foster home finishing his heartworm treatment. His foster home reports that he gets along great with their golden and with children. He needs to learn basic commands as it seems no one has ever taken the time to teach him. He crates well and housetraining is coming along.

lizbud
05-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Logan,
What a good report on Ingram. He looks Great.
It makes me so happy to know that he's doing
well and has every chance in the world to make
some lucky family very happy.He really is a
Beautiful dog.

delidog
05-12-2002, 04:59 AM
why logan...of course we remember Ingram!!! how wonderful he looks in his new home....
do you have any nibbles on a forever home for him??? why is he looking for a new home at his age???poor furbaby!!!
i hope that he finds his forever home soon!!!!!!! is he on petfinder.org???

Dixieland Dancer
05-12-2002, 07:03 AM
What a beautiful golden boy! So glad he is finally learning the joy of communicating with humans. Goldens just love to please so I'm sure his training will go fast.

Hopefully the foster home will fall in love with him and adopt him into a forever home!

Logan
05-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Ingram is under the care of Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, delidog, and is on their website. I had an earlier post about him, but he was pulled from the pound in a neighboring county before his time was up.

As they tell me, if you foster and adopt the dog yourself, you are a "foster failure" :o !! That's what I would be!! LOL!!

I'm sure Ingram will find just the right family to take care of him as soon as his heartworm treatments are finished. :)

Rachel
05-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the update and upbeat news. Ingram is a beauty and he looks so happy. I hope fortune will continue to bless him. He deserves all the happiness he can get.

Gio
05-13-2002, 04:03 AM
As they tell me, if you foster and adopt the dog yourself, you are a "foster failure"

I would be a real catastrophe! I'm happy that he is doing well now he just needs to find a wonderful forever home.

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-13-2002, 06:15 AM
I am so glad that Ingram is doing well! He is looking good! I am sure he will not have a hard time fidning a loving home!

I too would be a foster flunky!

Albea
05-13-2002, 12:30 PM
That's great news about Ingram:D :D :D Who could resist that smile? I would join in the "failure" club without any regrets.;) If I were any closer to the YGRR kennel in Hudson my house would probably became their annex.

Angels3
05-14-2002, 09:57 PM
Drat distance, Logan. I've just seen a request on our OzDogRescue list for an adult Golden Retriever for a family who have always owned & loved Goldies. They would LOVE Ingram. Pity that the Pacific Ocean is in the way.

That's a beautiful pic. Thanks for posting it. Ingram deserves the very best forever home. I hope it comes soon for him.
Marie

toastco
05-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Logan thanks for the update on Ingram. He is so beautiful! If I didn't already have three dogs I'd love to have him. But three is all I can take care of.:) Mom to Toastco Lady & Corrie as well as my six cats

Logan
05-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Guess who is coming to stay with me this coming weekend???? INGRAM!!! I was asked to foster him over the weekend. I don't know all the details yet, but I am thrilled!!! I'm sure Honey and Lilly will be too! :D :D :D

http://www.fhgrr.com/Availabledogs/Ingram5.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Oh, Logan, Mother of Many, are you soon to be Mother of One More?
Enjoy Ingram's visit. ;)

lizbud
05-29-2002, 06:01 PM
Logan,

That's exciting :D Now you can update us "firsthand"
on what his personality is like. Ingram is just totally
GORGEOUS !!! His fur looks so rich & thick and I love
his color. What a Sweet ,lovable face !!!:D

toastco
05-29-2002, 07:42 PM
Oh, I got so excited when I read you will have Ingram for the week-end. He will be so happy to see you. He is so beautiful! Are you sure you don't want to adopt him? I think he's yours.:p
Toastco Corrie and Lady's mom

AdoreMyDogs
05-29-2002, 07:45 PM
Oh goodness how exciting! He's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! He will be so loved this weekend that he will think he has died and gone to heaven :) Will it be hard to let him go once he's stayed with you? How do you feel about having 3 dogs, Logan :) You can fit another pet into that house, can't you????? :D :eek:

Logan
05-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Hehehe!!! His current foster mom left me a message tonight while we were away. She said "only one night"! LOL!! She loves him too!! They are going out of town over Saturday night, so he will be with us. I'm really ok with just the fostering right now. I don't need another dog, and you guys know that! And if I am going to successfully foster, I have got to let them come and go.

I was supposed to get a 3 month old puppy on this past Monday, and that would have been tough!! But she was adopted before I even got back into town, thank goodness!!! This is Lexie.....how do you think I would have done with that girl??? :o

http://www.fhgrr.com/Availabledogs/lexie3.jpg

Gio
05-30-2002, 03:45 AM
how do you think I would have done with that girl??

Possibly gone up to 3 dogs? :D :D :D

Enjoy Ingram this weekend. He looks stunning.

sammi
05-30-2002, 05:45 AM
Yes, I think you would have gone to 3 dogs!!!! LOL Esp. after Helen got her vote in!
Have fun this weekend with your foster.

Can you help JGuitaristR under cat behavior (I think) its title "singled out cat".??????

Logan
05-30-2002, 10:54 PM
Hehehe!!!! :D :D :D Ingram is coming at noon on Saturday and will probably stay until Monday afternoon. Then he comes back on Thursday and stays all next weekend too, I think!! Yippee!! Seems like he could just stay straight through, but his foster mom said she would miss him too much! Then in two weeks, he's coming back for another weekend, all of this, of course, if he hasn't been adopted.

I learned tonight that he has hip dysplasia. I don't know the severity. Poor fellow. :( We'll be extra gentle with him (my furry critters and I will be, that is) and love him to pieces. His "mom" said he will be like velcro! Alright!! Now I'll have two velcro dogs!!! :D

gini
05-31-2002, 12:07 AM
It sounds as though it is a good thing Ingram has a good foster Mom - because I don't think it would take too much for you to be a Foster Failure!! How could you resist a velcro dog? He sure is a beauty!

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-31-2002, 06:04 AM
Ingram is looking GREAT! Wow! I bet you guys are going to have lots of fun.

Logan
06-01-2002, 12:45 PM
He's here!!! And now I wish for a digital camera. I have already taken some pictures though and will have them developed tomorrow so that you can all see him with Honey and Lilly. The introduction was terrific!! It is a hot day here though, so after a little time in the backyard together, we are all inside in the air conditioning. Ingram is at my feet, still panting though. He has let Lilly know that he will be the closest to me, not her. She is pouting about that right now. :(

Ingram looks so much better than he did six weeks ago. He is still thin, but his coat looks so good, and he eats far more food than Honey and Lilly, so I can tell, I will be separating them at mealtime! Otherwise, Lilly would try to scarf up his food in a second.

I have him until tomorrow night around 9, then he'll be back on Thursday through the weekend. And I will have him the following weekend too! :) I am in Golden Heaven......three beautiful babies, all different colors from blonde to red, lying right here in the same room with me. Mimi thinks he is one of ours, and walked right up to him and rubbed against his legs. He jumped up the first time, but now could care less. He and Butter met outside, and he didn't even pay Butter any attention. I did see Butter fluff up and arch his back for the first time!! But he's fine now too.

Ingram is a perfect boy!!!! His only interest in the others is Roger, who hasn't shut up since we walked in. Roger is in Milly's cage because she went in his this morning and I can't get her out!! I think he is upset, but I'll switch them later when all the others are out of the room. Ingram keeps looking around as is to say "who's that?" everytime Roger says "hey birdie". LOL!! :D

Can you tell I'm happy???

lizbud
06-01-2002, 02:10 PM
WOW ! Golden Heaven for sure, with all shades of
Goldens represented. LOL. I'm so glad the intro with
Honey & Lilly went well. Even the kitties know a Handsome
boy when they see one. Sorry to hear about the dysplasia.
Will the Rescue group pay for the surgery? I know medical
miracles are being done every day in that area.
Well, enjoy your time with Ingram & give him an extra
hug from me, O.K.? Liz & Buddy.

sammi
06-01-2002, 04:34 PM
Enjoy your time with your foster. Ohhhhhhh you are so lucky!!!!!!!!

Rachel
06-01-2002, 07:58 PM
All is well at the Logan Hotel. Love them Goldens and their get along attitudes. And even the kitties are doing their part. Looks like you might be eased into being a foster mom after all. heehee:cool:

Uh oh, it is even worse than I expected...look what I read in another post from the hostess with the mostest (Goldens that is)....

.....I like having three around!! Uh oh!!!

Logan
06-02-2002, 07:04 PM
He just went home with his foster mom. :( :( :( Frowns from me and smiles from her!! LOL!! :) She said she missed him terribly!!!

I will too, until Thursday, when he comes back to be with me again!!!! :D I think he's staying the weekend, but I don't even know to tell you the truth. What a gem, he is. And all of them got along so beautifully. In fact, I got a lot more attention than usual from Honey because she was a bit curious and a tad envious too!!!! :D

I'm thinking I will miss that boy for the next 4 days. :(

AdoreMyDogs
06-02-2002, 08:15 PM
What a neat adventure :) I love Ingram already! Are you sure his foster mom is truly his foster mom and not his forever mom? How could anyone NOT want him? He soulds absolutely, positivitly PERFECT!!!

lizbud
06-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Logan,

How "attached" is his foster Mom? Does she have other
dogs in the household? Listen to me...:rolleyes: Acting all
possessive of Ingram already.. He is such a Beautiful boy
and I think he would adjust beautifully living with Honey
and Lilly. LOL. Just kidding, :D :D I hope it's not to much
longer for Ingram till he's in his forever home & can to
relax and live the good life. He sure deserves it.:) Liz & Buddy.

Logan
06-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Well......Becky has one Golden of her own, Mickey......I got to meet him tonight. He's beautiful too, but that Ingram is one special boy. I haven't brought up the subject about her adopting him permanently because our meetings have been brief, but tonight, when she called me, I said "he's not coming home", and she said "YES HE IS". LOL!!!! :D

He knows he has a home if some lucky soul doesn't decide to adopt him. I can't wait until Thursday when he comes back!! :D

toastco
06-03-2002, 07:47 AM
How super great that you had such a good week-end with Ingram Your're going to really miss him when he goes to his home for good. His Foster mom will to, unless she decides to keep him as her own. I'm so glad to know that he is happy and loved! He's a lucky dog to be loved by you and his foster mom. He also is lucky you were at the right place at the right time. Which I myself believe you being there to rescue him was suppose to be!I've always believed that my babies I rescued, were suppose to be mine. Because since my last one I took in two years ago, no other strays have came to me! Which i can't resist them when They come to my door. I did promise Dave no more Because we have just reached a FULL HOUSE! So, if anymore came I would have to find a home for it. Thanks for the update Logan
Toastco Lady and Corrie's Mom and also Shoe-shoo,Snuggles & and Abe, Midnight Dixie and Shadow's Mom:) :)

Logan
06-06-2002, 02:23 PM
LOL!!! Can you tell I love him???? :D

lizbud
06-06-2002, 03:13 PM
That's a big 10-4 Logan !!!LOL. How great, Ingram gets to come
back to stay for awhile. Does he get to stay the weekend this
time? That's so Neat !!!

Logan
06-06-2002, 03:22 PM
I learned today that he only needs to stay with me one night........BooHoo!!!! :(

But, he will be back next Friday for the whole weekend, so Helen will be able to meet him then. We will take him to our family reunion....no need in leaving the Velcro Dog at home!!! We might even take Lilly too!!!!

I'm on my way to get him in about 10 minutes....I'm thrilled. Hope the others will be too!!! :D

lizbud
06-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Logan,

Lilly might just surprise you & be great at the reunion.
I think having Ingram in the group might have a very
soothing effect on her. Sure can't hurt. Hug all your
critters for me.:D Liz& Buddy.

Dixieland Dancer
06-10-2002, 10:31 AM
Make sure you take lots of pictures of Ingram with Helen, Lilly and Honey! You know us crazy pet talkers..... WE LOVE PICTURES!! LOL

toastco
06-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Oh yes, Logan lots of pictures:) I have told some of my new pen pal and Email friends about this web site and I have told them about Ingram. How you found him and have him back from time to time as a foster home for him. I can't wait to hear how things went.

Toastco,Lady & Corrie's mom and my six cats too

Logan
06-12-2002, 06:40 PM
Toastco, thank you so much for being interested in Ingram. We do hope for a forever home for him soon. He will be a joy to whomever decides to adopt him. This coming weekend, he will be featured at Adoption Day for Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue at Petsmart. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend due to a family obligation, but I wish I could! If I was going to be here, he would spending the weekend with me!

I had a request today to keep Weston, starting July 3rd.....how could I resist??? Here is Weston, precious boy. The picture is a little dated, and I'm sure he has grown, but his story is much the same as many of the rescues. So to me Weston will come, and I will be so happy.

http://www.fhgrr.com/Availabledogs/puppy.jpg

If any of you remember from before, Weston was the little fellow sitting in my lap at the last Adoption Day.

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-13-2002, 07:11 AM
Best of Luck to Ingram boy. I hope he finds the bestest home! And Weston, Oh my what a cutie pie!