PDA

View Full Version : The Choking Game

DJFyrewolf36
06-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Has anyone heard of this in the news lately? I've heard a lot about it and reciently the horribleness of it has hit close to home. A good friend of mines niece died yesterday while playing the choking game. Frankly I can't understand its appeal.

Thoughts on this would be aprciated. I really don't understand it myself.

carole
06-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I saw this on the oprah show recently, honestly i am beside myself as to why people are turning to such bizarre behaviour, what on earth is wrong with things today, that they find these type of things fun to do , often with serious consquences, i just fail to understand it completely.

RedHedd
06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
I've heard about it. I don't get it either. Is that supposed to be FUN? :eek:

catnapper
06-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I find it odd that its just NOW hitting the public eye.

Waaaaayyyy back in the early 80's, my classmates would do the choking game during recess. This was in 6th grade. The apparently played at home too. I told them they were STUPID. and they deemed me a geek.... ahhhh, such started my long spiral into geekdom ;)

A few years later, my rbother had a friend die on mother's day while playing the choking game. Such a great mother's day gift, eh? :(

This isn't new. Its still as dumb to me as ever.

DJFyrewolf36
06-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I've heard about it. I don't get it either. Is that supposed to be FUN? :eek:

Death is by no means my favorite fun thing to do!! Yeesh. I know it isn't anything new, I knew kids who played when I was in middle school. I think though now enough people have suffered losses due to it and are trying to raise awareness so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

jackie
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
what is the choking game?

GoldenRetrLuver
06-09-2006, 11:04 AM
what is the choking game?

Basically, it's where someone "chokes" another person to where they pass out (to the point of unconsciousness) and it creates a "high" for them as they are waking up.

I have heard it also been called Space Monkey, Space Cowboy, Suffocation Roulette, and a few others.

It is a VERY dangerous and stupid game. My family knows a few people who have been affected by it. People really need to find other hobbies.

elizabethann
06-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Basically, it's where someone "chokes" another person to where they pass out (to the point of unconsciousness) and it creates a "high" for them as they are waking up.

I have heard it also been called Space Monkey, Space Cowboy, Suffocation Roulette, and a few others.

It is a VERY dangerous and stupid game. My family knows a few people who have been affected by it. People really need to find other hobbies.

Are people charged with murder if someone dies? What about attempted murder?

This is just so sad. Whatever happened to kick the can and monopoly? Those poor families. :(

DJFyrewolf36
06-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Since its a game popular with kids, usually (at least from the cases I've seen) people haven't pressed charges. There are a few cases where parents have sued...but nothing criminal I think (someone correct me if I'm mistaken)

cocker_luva
06-10-2006, 02:45 PM
ive never even heard or seen anything about this "game". (THANK GOD) this is all new to me. i dont know if its my age or where i live, but i dont know

CagneyDog
06-10-2006, 04:14 PM
We all did that a few years back, did it once, never again.

Argranade
06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Its shows how stupid some ppl can realy be pffftt!! I can't belive kids are playing this game its not even a game its just stupid.

Nothing is fun when you take chances with your life I never heard of a game like this in my hole life grrr who ever invented this game is fudged up!!! :mad:

king2005
06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I knew it was a sexual act (freaky eh?), but didn't know it was a game too.. Damn.. Why are people so stupid?

Jods
06-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I saw this on Dr.Phil it actually made me sick to my stomach there were these girls in their teens they would do it to each other then watch as their friends convulsed and moaned laughing at them until they woke up :(

Twisterdog
06-22-2006, 08:59 PM

Seriously?!? WOW! I had NO idea. I hate to sound like an old fuddy-duddy (at age 37!) ... but what is WRONG with some of these kids today?!? Some of my son's school-mates do the most bizarre, horrible things. There seems to be NOTHING these days that is taboo. Scary.

sparks19
06-23-2006, 11:40 AM
How horrible

I remember playing that ONCE when I was in highschool. I had never heard of it before and of course some friends were saying how fun it was and blah blah blah. I tried it once and when I awoke I had no idea where I was or what happened for a few minutes. I don't know about you but that is NOT the kind of feeling I enjoy.

It has definately gained popularity in the past few years. Very Very sad.

I think it is time they start pressing charges. I realize these are just kids but you kill someone you kill someone. Simple as that. Maybe if they start doing something about it, perhaps it won't be so cool to risk juvie.

Minnie, Patches, and Jesse
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
It is really stupid I remeber in school the nurse would get bumbarded with children from stupid games like these!! It really is pointless to just hurt people! I really dont get it :confused: ! I really aagree with u, sparks19!!!!